final.

Don't Go Anywhere Near Me, But Don't Go Too Far From Me Either
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun choked.

Not really, but she felt her heart stopped for a second and her lungs go dry.

“Y-You’re my roommate?”

“I’m your roommate.”

“You’re my roommate.” She repeated. “Right.”

It was still unbelievable. Of course.

“You’re a…” She couldn’t even bring herself to finish the statement.

“Yes,” The girl answered. “And you’re Bae Joohyun, the heiress of the Bae Industries.”

Joohyun pursed her lips for a few seconds.

If I’m going to share the same room with her, what guarantees me that I won’t be physically attacked?

“You’re a…”

The girl – Kang Seulgi – chuckled. “Yes. I’m Kang Seulgi. Your new roommate.”

Joohyun still couldn’t believe her eyes.

“I… I can’t believe that you’re my roommate…”

“You should’ve asked the kind dorm lady.” She grinned.

My head hurts. Joohyun wanted to smack herself to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. Usually, my dreams feel real. This must be a dream too, right?

“How did you even enter the dormitory without alarming anyone?” Joohyun asked.

“I could ask the same question to you.”

Joohyun couldn’t understand.

“The heiress of a well-known company. You’re all over the social media. Everyone knows who you are; it’s impossible that you weren’t swarmed by some pap.”

Joohyun blinked. “Y-Yeah… Well, some people had spotted me earlier. I’ve seen some news too, about me renting a dorm room.”

“I bet you’ve seen one too, that you’re roommates with me.”

Joohyun didn’t know what to say. “Well… I mean, you’re a—”

“A star,” Seulgi supplied for her. “Yes, that would make all the paparazzi think it’s something so suspicious,

“But that’s only if you want something between us to happen.”

Joohyun smacked herself. Hard. Real, this time.

“Don’t touch me, I swear I’ll call the security.”

Seulgi chuckled. Seductively. “You’re not in one of those buildings, Princess.

“And I guarantee you, that the moment I touch you, you’d be wanting more.”

Joohyun wanted to be scorched to flames instead.

 

---

 

“Why did you even rent a dorm room?”

Seulgi was drawing something – a star, doodling on a sketchpad, was something that Joohyun never imagined – when the heiress suddenly asked her.

“I was about to ask you the same thing.” She said, looking back on her paper.

Joohyun sat up from her bed. “Why are you drawing?”

Seulgi stopped drawing for a second, just to turn and look at Joohyun. “Seriously? I thought you knew better that having is not the only thing that we stars know how to do. I can draw – I draw because I know how, and I draw because I want to. I love to draw.”

“Then that’s good to know.” Joohyun said, avoiding eye contact.

A smirk. “I’m not going to have with you anytime soon, Princess.”

Joohyun blushed. “Th-Then that’s great! That’s good to hear!”

The playful smile never left Seulgi’s mouth. “It’s because you don’t pay me, miss. But I’d feel really honored if you let me fu—”

“Jesus Christ, this woman!” Joohyun groaned, covering her ears. “Stop it, you’re making me feel uncomfortable!”

“Are you getting we—”

“I’m getting irritated!” Joohyun said. “Can you at least be kind enough to be roommate material?”

Seulgi completely dropped her pencil on top of the table. “Shouldn’t you tell that to yourself? The very first time I went inside this room, all you did was to judge me. You didn’t even ask if I’m okay after being mobbed by teenagers.”

“I did that!” Joohyun wanted to rip off her hair.

“Yeah, I was just saying.” Seulgi said. “Going back to the point – what exactly is roommate material? Don’t all roommates have at least once?”

Joohyun threw her hands up. “You’re horrible.”

“Horribly good…” Seulgi smiled, and ended it with a wink. “At bed.”

Joohyun knew that talking to this overly-confident and charismatic -driven will only get her – an intellect who was wise enough to know how to stop using in more ways than one – nowhere.

Before she knew who her roommate would be, she was so eager to get to know her. But now…

“How do you even know who I am?” She heard Seulgi mumble as she continued sketching. “You must’ve watched one of my videos.”

“I did not.” She had. “I have better things to do than watch your videos.”

Seulgi nodded, Joohyun saw. “Yeah, like ing after watching my video.”

Joohyun wouldn’t deny the fact that she was blushing – partly because she was guilty of actually enjoying one of Seulgi’s videos, and partly because she’s enraged by how cocky this woman is.

“Have you got at least a little bit of shame?”

“I don’t, but I do have a little set of toys, for your tight, wet—”

“Shut the up, please.”

 

---

 

Joohyun was still not used to the dorm room.

Of course, it was the second day today. (And thank God, she survived the first night actually sleeping, and not sleeping with Seulgi.)

She didn’t know which cabinet was hers, and which was Seulgi’s.

“Jesus, Seulgi.” Joohyun gasped.

“Yes, that’s what they moan to me in bed!” Seulgi called from the kitchen.

Joohyun wanted to acknowledge the fact that Seulgi at least had the initiative to cook breakfast for them.

But even if she wanted to start seeing the good in Seulgi, she just couldn’t help criticizing someone lowly like her.

“Are you sure you’re not a cosplayer?” She asked, eyeing Seulgi’s cabinet.

She was surprised to see a variety of clothes. From corporal attires, to school uniforms, to maid costumes – Seulgi literally has everything.

“Don’t dare snatch one of my , miss.” Seulgi teased.

Joohyun slammed the cabinet close, and Seulgi laughed. “I’m kidding. Ah, you’re so serious, aren’t you?”

“You have so many clothes!” Joohyun said, trying to stir Seulgi away from making another innuendo or lewd side comments.

Seulgi kept her eyes on the frying pan. “Yeah, because my tags range from—”

“Okay, okay. I don’t need to hear more of that. I know it now. Okay, thanks for clearing it up.” Joohyun said, shutting off Seulgi from speaking. “But a pantyhose… with straps…”

“You like it?” Seulgi laughed. “I’d wear it for you if you ask me to. I mean, I know you have the tendency to go against what I am or what I do, but I’d do what you want if you just ask nicely.”

“I’m not going to ask for that anytime soon.” Joohyun stated.

“Oh, but you will after some time?” Seulgi asked.

“No!” Of course.

Seulgi laughed. “If I catch you ing while sniffing my pantyhose, I’ll seriously you.”

“You won’t see me doing that, anyway.” Joohyun rolled her eyes. “God, why do I even talk to you?”

“Well, don’t you want to know more about your roommate?” She asked. By this time, she was done cooking and transferring the food to two separate bowls.

It was kimchi fried rice and rolled egg.

“Do you want ketchup on your egg?” Seulgi asked. “Or, you know…

“My cu—”

“No. Thanks.” Joohyun said, helping Seulgi by bringing the servings to the table in the middle of the room. “If you say something lewd while we’re eating, I’ll report you.”

Seulgi only smiled. “Well, I’m not like that twenty-four seven. I can be nice and appropriate if I try enough. But it’s just that it’s so fun to tease you, because you look cute when you’re flustered.”

Joohyun was speechless.

Partly because Seulgi called her cute, and partly because…

Wow, did she just hear that Seulgi would willingly be normal if she tries to?

That’s so heroic of her, so save Joohyun from insanity!

“Anyway, if you think that I’m all talk from day to night, then you got it all wrong.” Seulgi said, taking in a mouthful of her own cooking right after.

Joohyun nodded. Yeah, maybe she really judged Seulgi way too hard.

“I’m sorry,” Joohyun said out of guilt. “I shouldn’t have been too hard on you.”

“Aw, look at this tsundere,” Seulgi smiled.

Seulgi was obviously younger, but she was bolder and more shameless than Joohyun to even pinch her cheek.

“God!” Joohyun said as she swatted Seulgi’s hand away from her face. “Don’t ever do that to me again!”

Seulgi raised an eyebrow. “Do what?”

“Touch me!”

“Gladly!” Seulgi winked.

Joohyun huffed. “You idiot! I meant you should stop touching me! God knows where those hands have already went!”

“, apparently.” Seulgi said.

“Seulgi, we’re eating!” Joohyun said, applying more emphasis on the obvious as she pointed on her own bowl.

Seulgi smiled. “Yeah, I’m sorry.”

Joohyun grumbled. She didn’t even want to talk anymore.

Nothing will ever be normal anymore, after being Seulgi’s roommate.

I hate it.

 

---

 

“So…” Park Sooyoung, one of Joohyun’s friends, was oddly a bit quieter that she normally is. They were eating at a nearby restaurant, close to Joohyun’s new dorm. “Are the rumors true?”

Joohyun raised an eyebrow. “Rumor?” She echoed. “What rumor? What are you talking about?”

Sooyoung played with her thumbs, which was a rare sight. Sooyoung wasn’t usually timid like this.

“Did you and Seulgi… I don’t know,

“Score?”

Joohyun could’ve hit Sooyoung right then and there, if she didn’t have the willpower to stop herself.

“Where did you even hear that?” Joohyun whispered. “That’s bull!”

“I was just asking, gosh.” Sooyoung said. “Anyway, how’s the life of living with… her?”

“Horrible, Sooyoung. That’s what I can say.” Joohyun sighed.

Sooyoung patted Joohyun. “Must’ve been hard stopping yourself from ing now that your dream girl is your roommate, right?”

This time, Joohyun hit Sooyoung for real. She didn’t even bother being considerate to her friend.

Her friend laughed, but she was rubbing her arm to ease the pain.

“Sooyoung, if you don’t shut the up, I swear.”

“I mean, nothing’s wrong with admitting that you want her!” Sooyoung said. “Don’t even try to deny it; I once saw your history. You’ve watched like, half of her videos.”

Joohyun shut herself up, knowing that she couldn’t even lie to her friend anymore.

“I mean… If you’re faced with an opportunity, like a promotion or something, what would you do?” Sooyoung asked.

“I’ll take it, obviously.” Joohyun said.

Sooyoung snapped her fingers. “Exactly! It’s like your situation. If you’re faced with your long-time favorite star, then just… I don’t know. Ask her to do things with you? I mean, stop stopping yourself, Joohyun! Be a lady! A true lady gets what she wants!”

Joohyun eyed Sooyoung. “I don’t want that.”

“You’re lying.” Sooyoung said. “Ladies are good liars. As a lady, I know that you’re lying. And you’re already dying to—”

“Dying to go back home.” Joohyun cut her off. “If there’s anything I want right now, it’s to go home back to Mama and Papa.”

“I don’t know about you, Joohyun.” Sooyoung said. “If I were you, I’ve already done something with her. Thrice.”

Joohyun rolled her eyes. “I don’t want something like that. If it’s going to be like that, might as well get in a relationship. I don’t with people who wants temporary things with me, or who would just use me for financial benefits.”

“Seulgi’s probably a good person, too.” Sooyoung said. “I mean, she looks nice. You just probably haven’t have the time to get to know her better, since you started off… bad.”

“I don’t know…” Joohyun said.

“I mean, obviously, Joohyun. If ever Seulgi would take an interest in you – I mean real interest – she’s not after just your money or just your body. Because you know… She has a lot of both.

“Maybe you should get together. Go date, or something.”

Joohyun ran her hands through her hair, obviously stressed over Sooyoung’s point.

“You’re an idiot.”

“You’re more of an idiot if you keep being narrow-minded.” Sooyoung said. “Try being friends or something first. I mean, give her heart, Joohyun! Be friends with her, if you really won’t give her a chance.”

“Why are you pushing me on having any kind of connection with her?” Joohyun asked. “You know that my company’s reputation is at stake if people see me hanging out with a star.”

Sooyoung shook her head. “I thought you knew better that not all stars are like tha—”

Jesus, you’re just like Seulgi after all. Joohyun thought to herself, as she remembered what Seulgi told her just yesterday.

“Fine, fine. I’ll try to be friendlier and nicer to her.” Joohyun said. “You’re probably asking me to make connections with her, so I can introduce you to her, you thirsty little--”

“Believe what you want to believe in, but don’t be too harsh on her…

“Both as friends… and on bed.”

Joohyun smacked Sooyoung, yet again.

 

---

 

Seulgi went home late tonight.

Joohyun guesses that she’s having a physical interaction with someone right now. Knowing her, she probably has a long schedule and list of people who to with.

Did she bring her own key? Joohyun thought to herself, torn between locking the door and sleeping peacefully, or staying awake to wait for Seulgi.

As a grown woman, who had no school to worry about and no attendance to maintain, staying up didn’t bother Joohyun.

But was she willing to stay up to wait for Seulgi?

If Seulgi sees her awake and waiting for her arrival, would she ?

“Ugh, I’ll just wait for her, damn it!”

Joohyun went to the kitchen and boiled hot water to make herself a cup of coffee.

She had already grabbed a mug and had the coffee mix inside it, when she heard the door creak open.

“S-Seulgi?”

The younger girl’s eyes were red from crying, obviously.

Her face was flushed, her hair was all messed up, and to sum it all up:

She looks ed.

Physically and… Well, emotionally.

She looked like a wreck.

Joohyun still hasn’t completely boiled the water yet, but seeing that the younger girl was crying, she had to comfort her, right?

Joohyun turned the stove off before approaching Seulgi, who was obviously wiping away the tears as to not worry the older girl (but too late, Joohyun had seen her already).

“Why are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter