Maybe: Hogwarts AU

Parallel Times

The game was tough today.

The almighty Slytherin team finished on a tie against nothing less than: Hufflepuff. This for itself would be enough to set her off for a week and give her the worst of the moods but it had to be worse, of course. The reason behind her demise was no other than her very own frenemy, Moon Byulyi, the seeker of Hufflepuff who managed to somehow catch the Snitch, even though the Slytherin team had already scored exactly 150 points.

Which, of course, left them in this mess. There's no such things as ties in quidditch but the game was not official and everyone was too tired. The captains agreed this was no fun anymore and they just wanted to eat and probably sleep for the day. Well, the captain agreed to that, not said Hufflepuff Seeker and Slytherin Keeper, who somehow, still had the energy to bicker all the way to the hall.

"What the heck was that?!" Yongsun said, clearly exasperated looking at a flushed Byulyi who was just trying to get some air in her lungs.

"I fell into the grass head first and the first thing you do is yell at me?!" Byulyi asked, also yelling.

Both yelling volumes kept increasing until their friends couldn't take anymore and separated both ladies. It was no surprise for anyone, really. Even though Yongsun was a Slytherin, she still mingled well with people from the other houses. Maybe it was due to the fact that she was not a pure blood, which might have increased the sympathy from the others, but turns out, she just didn't care enough about the housing segregation in Hogwarts.

Byulyi, on the other hand, got weird looks sometimes when she was seen talking with the Slytherin girl. Even more, when the Sorting Hat put her in Hufflepuff, which was not expected from any of her friends, family of purebloods, or even herself. But she was a good Hufflepuff nonetheless, as any of them would be. She had a heart made of gold.

The two of them first met at Byulyi's Sorting Ceremony.

Since her parents told her she would definitely be a Slytherin, like them and her ancestors, she felt herself drawn to the greens. So drawn that she actually bumped on the slightly smaller girl in front of her, making her drop all her books. She apologised quickly and silently and tried to help the girl but she was so nervous she ended up dropping it again multiple times. Said girl, on the other hand, thought she was mocking her and they ended up on a petty fight. Indeed a good start.

Now three years later, the pair still ended up in petty fights often. Fights that never lasted for long but one of them is too prideful to just let go and the other can't help but keep going on purpose because, as she reasoned herself once, she liked the older girl's reactions.

"You're too annoying! How are you a Hufflepuff? You were supposed to be nice!" The older girl asked Byulyi on a lazy afternoon after their potions class.

"Well I should ask you the same thing how are you a Slytherin? You didn't even cast me some weird spell yet and it's been three years!" The blonde answered mockingly.

"Are you testing me, Moon Byulyi?" Yongsun turned to her, ready to take her wand. Even though it was an empty threat, she had to make a point.

"Maybe I am?" Byulyi smirked and got up. Yongsun observing her. "But you'll have to catch me first", and she ran. Yongsun watched bewildered for a second before getting herself up and running towards the blonde.

"You'll regret it when I catch you!", the yelling could be heard around the hall but no one paid any mind, too used to the loud pair bickering.

“I'm tired I don't wanna run anymore” Byulyi stopped and just sat on the grass. Yongsun just looked at her shocked, “Are you serious right now? You were the one who started running!”

“Yea I know but I'm tired now” The blonde looked at her innocently and patted the space beside her.

“The nerve…” Yongsun muttered under her breath but sat down next to the taller one nonetheless. “I'm tired Yongdonnie…” Byulyi had her arms around her before she could give a proper reaction, “I wanna sleep, can you sing for me?” She looked at the girl expectantly.

“Ugh fine, only so you'll shut up” She said while Byulyi placed herself in her lap and hugged her torso. She started singing, a sweet lullaby her mother used to sing when she was little, absentmindedly the blonde hair all the while. After she finished, Byulyi was already asleep and she couldn't help but stare. She was so adorable when she was sleeping, “And with shut…” she voiced her thoughts briefly while still massaging her scalp.

Little did she know, the younger Hufflepuff Seeker was still on the verge of her senses and smiled when she heard the brunette muttering under her breath while brushing her bangs that fell over her eyes, “You… are cute…”.