Flight Log 1

Not So Mundane

 

 

 

 

 

There were things that Luhan figured would happen that particular morning. He could be watering the plants in his tiny garden while enjoying the summer breeze, maybe visit the cat café down the block near his house and calm his nerves down, or just go to the library and get some ideas for his newest work. He might call his friends to meet up and have a light chat or watch a movie downtown. The possibilities are endless.

 

 

 

But seriously, out of all mundane things that Luhan could imagine, out of all the ordinary activities he could be doing, he wouldn’t expect waking up groggily with a pounding head as if it was smashed by Thor’s almighty hammer billions of time with the extreme nausea hitting him directly as soon as he woke up. His physical state was completely in disarray, internal organs begging for a rest. His vision blurs everything and the place stinks so badly, making the vomiting nausea worsen.

 

 

 

And most of all, the idea of waking up in bed with a stranger, who happens to be stark and only covered with the duvet on the lower part of his body, was certainly never in his mind to begin with.

 

 

 

And so Luhan closes both his eyes, praying that all he’s seeing is just a figment of his wandering imagination. But when he opens his eyes once more, the same view of perfectly sharp nose and chiseled jaw greets him, again.

Luhan is a self-proclaimed manly man but with his current position right now; tiny frame enveloped with obvious bigger one, shoulders held ever-so-protectively by the stranger, and head resting on the other male’s sturdy chest, Luhan thinks he must be the damsel in this scenario.
With the last energy remaining, Luhan crawled out of the comfortable bed to save the last bit of dignity left in him and maybe escape before the stranger wakes up and he’s put in an awkward and sticky situation. But that’s before the immense pain on his lower back suddenly strikes and Luhan went rolling down the mattress with a shriek as his legs turned to jellies and lost every power to move.

 

 

 

With a loud thud, Luhan landed on the carpet floor face first.

Now his face hurts along with his aching .

 

 

 

 

Seriously, Luhan never considered himself to be the type to have that typical one-night stand. He really likes slow relationship with pure intentions and must be dating at least for 3 months before they do something intimate like having ‘those’ stuff. But here he is, smelling like alcohol and vomit combined, with body as sore as , waking up to a complete stranger who he lost his ity to. What a great way to start your day.

 

 

 

Luhan, clad in nothing but his own skin, crawled silently over to the nearest (what-seems-to-be) a door when he heard a rustling sound and tries not to scream whenever he felt the pain creeps up his spine.

 

 

 

“The toilet is on your left by the way,” the voice suggested.

 

 

From his position, Luhan looked to the left and saw an unclosed door that leads to the bathroom which means the door he was going to just now was obviously not the toilet. The guy on the floor almost thanked whoever it might be that gave him directions but stopped when he realized something.

 

The stranger is awake.

 

 

 

 

 

As fast as lightning, Luhan snapped his head around to see a gorgeous male sitting on the bed, looking extremely hot with his unruly bed hair, not to mention the drool-worthy abs and great muscles showing themselves for Luhan’s eyes to feast on. If it weren’t for the intense eye contact, Luhan might not realize that he was actually drooling with jaw hung open and eyes almost popping out of the sockets. The other male stretched his hands and yawned like a cat, seemingly unfazed with their current situation. And in that moment, Luhan did something his logical mind would do; scream.

 

 

 

And so scream he did, while running to the toilet with a record-breaking speed, forgetting that he had an aching back and miserable hangover. When he slammed the door of toilet shut, the pain on the head, on his and on his lungs began to take over. Luhan really never thought being drunk would be that painful, with another nausea hitting, he bent towards the toilet bowl and just sit on the floor for god knows how long, puking every food in his system. On the fifth vomiting session, there’s a knock on his door.

 

“I brought aspirins and placed your clothes outside the door. Come to the kitchen when you’re done,” said the stranger rather easily.

 

 

 

 

Sure Luhan wanted to pass out in that moment but firs thing’s first, he needed to run away. And to run away from this creep, he will need his clothes. A look on the mirror proves Luhan that he indeed looks like a walking corpse with extremely pale complexion and blood-shot eyes.

After brushing his teeth in a hurry (yes, Luhan respects cleanliness more than anything), the male twisted the door knob open and left a tiny gap big enough to let his head pop out and make sure the coast is clear. To his surprise, the stranger was really telling the truth when he said he’d prepare his stuff. Complete clothing attire, pills of aspirins and a bottle of mineral water are placed on the floor just outside the bathroom.

 

 

Luhan slipped into his clothes, trying his very best not to lose footing and balance because it really seems like the whole world is spinning. The aspirin didn’t do much justice for the completely haphazard male as he stumbled all over the place, falling on the carpeted floor twice. The plan was to escape the place, leave, never return and go back to the safety of his house. But words are of course easier said than done because Luhan finally realized that he’s in a maze of a hotel room. The place looks definitely nice and expensive, similar to those rich people’s crib but the slogan of “Hilton Copacabana” is found literally everywhere, making the male sure that he’s in a hotel.

 

And as he expected, he needed to pass the kitchen area to reach the exit door. Luhan peeked behind the wall and calculated the time needed to dash and be free. He really felt like a secret agent that is about to do an escape mission and he’s sort of anxious .

 

 

 

“Are you planning to stand there all day? Come join breakfast, Luhan.”

 

 

 

 

Luhan did not notice that the gorgeous and y stranger was already sitting on the dining table, clad in only a white bathing robe that doesn’t seem to be covering the front part of his chest quite well. He must have looked like a fool with his weird antics but he couldn’t care less right now because at a more important note, the stranger knew his name!

 

 

 

Was I stupid enough to let him know my name?
Well, I was stupid enough to get laid without even remembering a freaking single moment of it, great!

 

 

 

Now that his cover has been blown, Luhan decided to just settle this diplomatically. He took slow steps towards the male with a pounding head.

 

“I should get going now, pleasant to meet you.” Luhan said, trying not to sound like an awkward introvert he actually is but failing miserably.

 

 

 

“I really wouldn’t recommend that,” the other male replied while slurping soup he had just made, not breaking any eye contact. “You are still having a severe hangover.”

 

 

 

 

“I am not,” Luhan frowned and refuted. “Well if you’ll excuse me, I should head back.”

 

 

 

 

Suddenly the male widened his eyes and pointed to the area behind Luhan with a petrified expression. Being the scaredy cat he is, Luhan shrieked and snapped his head around to see what’s behind him. The fast reaction gave his head another sharp pang like being hit by a frying pan, immediately sending him to the ground. Luhan braved himself to look up and found nothing out of ordinary, just a view of a grand living room with a backdrop of curtains behind it.

 

“, my head hurts!”

 

 

 

He turned his attention back to the stranger again who continued eating calmly. Luhan stood up in anger and pointed an accusing finger to the eating male.

 

“What were you actually trying to do?!”

 

 

 

The other was very calm in replying, “to prove my point that you are still having a hangover and you can’t survive out there. Just listen to me and eat some hangover soup before I explain everything that happened 24 hours prior.”

 

 

That certainly piqued the smaller male’s attention. Sure, he doesn’t believe the male directly but he’s curious and a curious Luhan needs his questions to be answered especially regarding his sudden memory loss because the last thing he remembered, he’s surely not drunk. So Luhan slowly sat on the dining table and grabbed a spoon to eat. Actually he has slight suspicion that the other male wanted to poison him but looking that the stranger is eating quite hungrily himself, Luhan decided to it and just eat because his stomach is also rumbling to get some food into his system.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you remember what happened last night?”

 

Luhan looked up from his food to come in contact with one of the most beautiful eyes he had seen. The other male has sharp features, an even sharper pair of eyes and nose. His eyebrows are just uniquely intriguing that Luhan almost forgot that he needed to answer the question.

 

 

“No, the last thing I remembered was … hmm I don’t remember that either. How come I got amnesia this fast?”

 

 

 

The other male nodded understandingly, “the drug is bad in your blood.”

 

 

 

 

Luhan’s stomach dropped, “dr-drug?”

 

 

 

 

“I’m gonna explain everything in the shortest way I can. But first, this story starts in Singapore.”

 

 

 

Singapore? I was there?
What was I doing in Singapore?

Luhan pondered hard, how can he be in Singapore and he couldn’t remember anything.

 

 

 

“I was also drunk last night but I can recall everything in detail after I got over the pain. I can only remember a few part of it so bear with me,” the other male tried to comfort. “All I can say to you is that you’re a very meticulous drunk. Please do not freak out in the middle of my explanation okay?”

 

 

Flashes of what seems like memories zapped like electricity in Luhan’s brain. Ah, he was indeed in Singapore. A job required him to go on a business trip as a representative in a design conference. He could remember pulling luggage in a big airport but the memory ends there.

 

 

“So as I was saying, you’re in Singapore. I saw you walking to gate A3 to wait for your flight in Changi Airport and I headed to gate B6, that’s where I last saw your conscious state in the main lobby. Don’t cut me off, I know what I’m talking about,” the stranger said when he saw Luhan opening his mouth in surprise. It wasn’t until Luhan tried to calm down that he continued. “I was already in the waiting room when I saw a few males heading to my gate and you were with them with 2 more young teens. At first I thought you guys were friends but the thing is, you look hypnotized. Your eyes are vacant, a grandma tripped you and you didn’t even budge at your bleeding nose, you look dead. To cut long story short, you passed out during the flight here and I reported to the captain. Turned out you were going to be sold as, you know, a harlot.”

 

 

 

 

“I was sold as a ??! You mean, I’m doing one of those job right now, sleeping with you?!”

 

 

 

 

 

“No no no, calm down. I told you not to cut off remember? It’s one hell of a long story. As soon as we landed, I also went to the police station to give my testimony as a witness. The three of you were drugged during the flight because the hypnotizing couldn’t last long. You were awake during another witness’ testimony while I had finished mine. And guess what, in your still high self, you left your luggage and just venture out. I tried to stop you and let you stay in the hotel while I get some help but you also escaped for some reason. It was a wild goose chase here and there. When I finally caught up to you, it was in a bar and well, you know the rest of the drunk outcome. I’m still trying to remember what happened the rest of the night.”

 

 

 

Listening was the least Luhan could do in his absurd condition but understanding? That seems to be the problem. Every piece of information was drowning him and Luhan found himself unable to form coherent words at the incoming waves of news. Too much questions are popping in his head, how? Why? When? Are you serious?   No wonder the stranger had asked him to drink the hangover soup or the combined headache would be too much to handle.

 

 

 

“I-I was drugged, I was unconscious, I was drunk and I have no recollection of anything and I did something I never thought I would do, does that make any sense?!” Luhan’s outburst was expected as the other male remain quiet and let Luhan just ramble on and on while slurping some soup. He had the same conclusion then, drunk or not, Luhan is very whiny.

 

 

 

Suddenly the panicking male stopped, eyes widening at his own thoughts.
“How. The. Hell. Did. You. Know. My. Name?”

 

 

 

 

 

“You wrote it in your journal,” said the stranger without giving him a glance. “Now that I remember what happened last night, you asked me to call your name during our ‘session’.” He quoted the last word with fingers to put some emphasize, not wanting to say the word out in the open.

 

 

No one can read his journal just like that so it means the stranger is trustworthy? Oh, he didn't think so. Luhan narrowed his eyes, “look, I do not believe you. But I have a question so answer me very honestly and look into my eyes.”

 

 

 

 

The stranger did as he is told and gave a bored expression.

 

 

 

 

“Are we not in China?” Luhan questioned.

 

 

 

 

“Nope, we are way too far from China.”

 

 

 

 

 

“So where the hell are we?”

 

 

 

 

“Why don’t you check the window for yourself? You said you don’t believe me. I’ll give you a hint so that you won’t be too shocked, we are in South America.”

 

 

 

Luhan chuckled at the statement and almost laughed out loud. The joke had gone too far but when the stranger didn’t even crack a single smile, Luhan felt sweat forming on his forehead. It can’t be, right? With new additional extra energy, Luhan could walk more stably towards the closed curtains. Sunlight’s  passing through the beige colored cloth mercilessly and Luhan is actually scared of what lies behind the window. Slowly, he pushed the curtains open revealing the ceiling-to-floor window that a grand hotel room needs to have. And when the sight of beautiful coastline and beaches greeted him with generous amount of tropical sun entering the room, he is hell sure that he’s far from China.

 

 

 

Luhan scanned the view beneath him slowly, there are pools and resorts everywhere, tourists are sun-tanning and surfing by the beach, a big banner saying Welcome to the City of Samba is just right in front of the beach entrance. And there Luhan saw it, it looks rather small from a far but everyone can spot it when they see it, the one and only, Christ the Redeemer statue.

 

 

“I’m in Rio…”

 

 

 

 

Luhan took tentative steps back, moving away from the window slowly, scared that if he moved too much the illusion would be gone right away. He reached the dining area again, eyes never leaving the amazing tropical scenery after stumbling and falling over the sofa set.

 

“I’m in Rio,” Luhan repeated again, voice firmer and louder for the other to hear. He pointed to the window with an accusing finger.

 

 

 

“Yes, yes you are. Welcome to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.”

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

And Luhan fainted after that sudden revelation, waking up just half an hour after passing out. And the second time that day, he woke up to the handsome stranger’s face but this time with head hovering dangerously close to his own, breath fanning his face thanks to the proximity.

 

“You’re not lying…” was the first few words that left the smaller’s lips.

 

 

 

 

The other just chuckled, “I was expecting that you wouldn't immediately believe me. Now come on, get up and explore the city while we’re here before we fly tomorrow.”

 

 

 

Luhan’s eyes lit up, “I’m going back to China tomorrow?”

 

 

 

 

 

The other scratched his nape sheepishly, “well, not exactly.”

Luhan gave him the stink eye but gave him a chance to continue. “I remembered what happened last night and you wouldn’t be very happy about it. Not only did we stroll around in town, we also went to a ticketing agency, you know, the tour & travel kind of business in a very drunken state. Now that I had recalled, you were a very very organized drunk person and you bought tickets with the agency, planned out a whole trip, and well, you also bought tickets for me.”

 

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

 

“You spent your whole money to buy flight tickets and attraction coupons. You slipped it in your journal.”

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan sat right up, knocking both of their foreheads together in the process before searching for his luggage in the room. Once the pink polka dots suitcase is found, he spent quite some time searching for the book, throwing away clothes and jeans that blocked his view. Frustrated, Luhan opted to search his valuable possession on his sling bag.

Well, he found the journal there. And also a thick bunch of papers that happens to be the tickets, sandwiched between the papers of his book. In that section, scribbles of his own handwriting are there.

 

 

 

“Wu Shixun?” Luhan read out loud.

 

 

 

 

“That’s my name, I guess you remember now!” the stranger nodded his head. “But it’s just my Chinese name. My real name is Oh Sehun,” he added.

 

 

 

 

 

“I wrote your name in my book, wrote a diary about my plans and seemingly happy about this decision.” Luhan sighed, cursing his stupid self.

 

 

 

 

“You did scream out my name last night so I bet that gives you some of the memory back,” the stranger, Oh Sehun, reminded with a smirk.

 

 

 

That sure helps Luhan remember a piece of images of what happened last night (including the shameless voice he had moaned out and all that jazz) and he groaned in misery.

 

 

 

What the hell have I done?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------

 

a/n : a very late and awkward first chapter. i thin kthis is gonna be my first m rated fic so bear with me and forgive the errors okayyyyy

i love every single one of you! thank you for always being patient with me :D

please kindly vote for the poll, thanks!!!!!