Event Organizer

Entangled Web (Spiderweb Of Love II)

 

"I'm gonna have a girlfriend, I'm gonna have a girlfriend." Doojoon chanted over and over again.


"Shut up!" Nana snapped. She was blushing down to the roots of her hair.


"C'mon ugly. Don't make it hard for me. You know I'm going to win." Doojoon chuckled.


Nana's eyes turned into tiny slits, making her resemble a lioness on hunt. "Don't be too sure of yourself, loser! It was just a prediction and not all predictions come true."


Doojoon pulled the girl even closer as they continue gliding along the dancefloor. "What are you scared of?" the boy asked.


"I'm not afraid of anything!" Nana hissed.


"I don't believe you." Doojoon remarked. "I actually think you're scared of me."


Nana scoffed. "And why would I fear you? You're nothing but a loser."


Doojoon smirked. "Let me rephrase what I said. I think you're scared of falling in love with ME because you know you've got a lot of competitions out there. Don't worry baby, you're quite unique among all the girls worshiping me."


Kahi's POV


"You're going to die." I said. I felt Junhyung froze.


"What?!?" he aghastly asked.


"You're going to die if you continue holding your breath." I chuckled. His eyes squinted and it only made me giggle. Ooh, he's so smexy everytime he do that.


"It's not funny!" he exclaimed.


"Try to relax, will you? I'm not going to eat you. At least, not yet." I winked. I felt him gave a little shudder.


"Jeez, woman! You're freaking me out!"


"Yeah, right. Like you're not used to women flirting with you."


His face reddened. I secretly smiled. There's just so much more to this guy. Like the fact that he flirts with girls and he entertain those flirting girls but he's totally not enjoying it.


"You're Uee's friend. Flirting with someone's friend is not right." he said.


"You don't have to be embarrassed, you know." I said.


"What are you talking about?"


"All those flirting girls. You just entertain them because you think one of them is what you're looking for. Someone you can call solely yours."


"You don't know anything about me. And stop acting like you do." he mumbled darkly then pulled out of the dance. "I think I had enough dance for today."


I sighed. Have some patience, Kahi. You already saw this one coming. Just a few more pull.


Having this ability has advantages and disadvantages. The limitations, for example. I mean, I can see, I can read, I can hear BUT not everything, especially if it's my own. I aim to change my future. If all the women in our family ended up either being alone, unmarried, unwanted and rejected, I aim to differ. It's time to change this norm that has been going on in our family for centuries.


I've already seen myself andJunhyung holding hands and well, something more than mere holding hands and kissing. I bit my lower lip at the memory of what I saw. The thing is, I haven't seen anything close to wedding yet since Junhyung is being hard to get. If I haven't met Uee, I would have continued believing that the future cannot be changed. Junhyung proved to me that the future still lies in the hand of the individual.


I must not lose hope.


I can still change a few things along the way, if not everything.


Nana's POV


"C'mon now, my ugly baby. Open your mouth." the loser crooned, holding a fork with a portion of the sliced cake on it. Oh, ghaad! This is so humiliating! I looked at him in disgust.


"Ya! Stop that!" I snapped.


"Oh come on, I know you want to do this to me, too. Don't worry, you'll have your turn later." he winked.


"You disgust me!" I hissed and stood up angrily.


"Nana!"


I looked up and saw Mom waving at me. I smiled and waved back.


"Are you going to officially introduce me to your parents? Aigoo! I'm not yet ready." Doojoon said.


"In your dreams!" I spat then went towards Mom, just in case.


"I've got good news!" Mom said the moment I reached her.


"What is it?" I asked.


"Your Dad finally closed the deal with the Kims'!" she excitedly delivered.


"Wow! That's really good news!" I said.


"I know, I know." Mom chuckled. "Ah, make us proud, will you?"


That made me frown. "What do you mean?"


"Oh, I forgot to tell you." Mom airily said. "The Kims' requested if you can spearhead the project together with their son, Hyunjoong."


"But Mom! You know I'm not interested in-"


"This is your Dad's dream, Nana. And our family's honor."


"I know that. But I-"


"Nana, being an event organizer won't take you anywhere. And you know that."


"But Dad said-"


"Ehem."


I rolled my eyes and turned around. I saw Doojoon smiling at me.


"What do you want?" I hissed.


"Nana! Where are your manners?" Mom exclaimed.


"Hi, Mrs. Im. I don't know if you can still remember me but let me introduce myself. I'm Yoon Doojoon."


Oh, puh-leeze!


"Oh, hello Doojoon!" Mom greeted and accepted Doojoon's handshake.


"I don't know if Nana already mentioned it to you, but I'm her boyfriend-to-be. That's if I'll say yes to her."


Ghaadd!


Mom looked at me in surprise. I gave her a forced smile. "He's just joking. He works at the carnival, you see." I said as I grabbed the loser's hand and dragged him along with me.


"It's nice to meet you, Mom!" Doojoon waved to my Mom.


We passed along the others quietly. I was about to wave at Uee unnie but when I saw that she had her full attention and Gikwang oppa, I declined. And besides, I don't want her to remember the 'conspiracy' thing. I dragged the loser out of the reception and into the hotel's landscaped garden. The place was dimly lit but I don't really mind.


"What the hell were you thinking?!" I snapped.


"What? I was just introducing myself." he shrugged.


"My Mom isn't a fan of jokes."


"Yeah, I noticed." he answered.


"Then you shouldn't have said that to her! She-"


"I heard what you two were talking about." he cut off quietly. I fell silent. "So, you want to be an event organizer, huh?" he continued.


I felt myself reddened. "Go on! Laugh at me just like what the others usually do! So what if it's not what expected of me? So what if it's too far from what my family do? So what if I'll be a disappointment to my family just like what everyone kept on saying? So what if it won't take me anywhere? So what if- hmph!"


My eyes went round as I felt his lips against mine. His hands put my face in place. I can't move. I was frozen all over.


This is.. this was too far from what I felt with Gikwang oppa. This cannot be!


Then, he pulled back.


“"'m not laughing, am I?" he quietly said. "And I'm definitely not disappointed."


"Really?" I asked a little breathlessly.


"Tell me, did you organize this event for Gikwang and Uee?" he asked.


I slowly nodded and bowed my head. He caught my chin in between his fingers and brought my head up.


"You should be proud of yourself. I'm sure Uee and Gikwang could not thank you enough for making this day memorable for the both of them. They would never forget this for the rest of their lives. And I must say, you'll be one heck of an event organizer. The others should be scared. Your parents should be proud, too. You're touching people's lives."


"You're not saying all of these just because you want to win the two-day bet, do you?" I asked, eyes squinting.


"Well.." he stalled.


"Why you-"


"Actually, I'm saying all of these to you so I won't be having problems hiring an event organizer for our wedding. I'll be saving money if you're going to organize our own wedding yourself. As for the bet, we both know I'm going to win."


"Why you assuming, conceited little rat! That will never happen!"


"It will." he said.


"Will not!" I protested.


"It will."


"Will not!"

 

--

 

Author's note:

Nana's reminds me so much of Uee, hehe.