Caramel Macchiato (I Ship Us)

Drabbles || One-Shot Collection by Kilotons

"Namjoon is a barista at a coffee shop and Jin always comes in and gives a fake name of two characters they ship and Namjoon is trying to figure out how to ask him out because they ship all the same couples." requested by yooandi

Not gonna lie, I think this one is hella cute >///<

 


 

"Order for...Rosschel? Joon, who ordered this?"

"That pretty guy over there." Namjoon pointed at a man in the corner, reading a hardcover book with a thick coat on despite being inside.

The man looked like he was in his mid-twenties, a youthful glint in his eye and the occasional smile. His features were borderline feminine: plush lips and a button nose, but his broad shoulders said otherwise. His light brown hair was styled in a mid part, framing his face perfectly and exposing only a small portion of his forehead. He wasn't muscular, but he was fit and his black sweater and a gray coat were flattering to his figure. The stranger was...pretty was what he was.

His left eye was noticeably twitching and his eyes lit up when he heard his 'name' being called.

Yoongi smirked, "Damn, Namjoon. Geddit."

"Shut up, hyung, he's coming," Namjoon scoffed.

"Go take orders, ert, the customers are waiting." Yoongi shoved Namjoon toward the cash register.

"ert?! Hyung, you're the one-" A lady in line cleared , catching Namjoon's attention. He sheepishly muttered an, "Ah, sorry. What would you like to order?"

Today was an interesting day.

~.~.~.~.~

"Hello, I'll have a caramel macchiato please," a familiar, sweet voice ringing in Namjoon's ears.

The man was back, this time with a tan turtleneck and circular thin frames perched on his nose and he looked so incredibly soft. Namjoon didn't even know it was possible to combust in public, or at all. Until now.

"May I have your name?" Namjoon asked, Sharpie ready in his hands.

"Hmmm...let's go with Jaesuk for today," the stranger said with a more-adorable-than-necessary smile. His left eye twitched, "Can I add a blueberry scone as well? My eye's twitching. Hungry habit."

"No problem, sir," Namjoon chirped, flashing a smile back. He paused when he noticed something, "Jaesuk? Is that from Lookism?"

"Yeah, it is! I love that Webtoon."

"Not gonna lie, Jaesuk is the real ship," Namjoon replied with the iest chuckle he could manage.

"Wow, you've got good taste...Namjoon-ssi." The man read over Namjoon's nametag and pulled out 5,000 won from his pocket, handing it to Namjoon, "Keep it. From one fan to another."

Normally, Namjoon would try not to cringe when customers called him by his name. This time, Namjoon tried not to stare as the man found a table to sit and wait at.

"You got it bad, bro."

"Shut up, Hoseok."

~.~.~.~.~

The man had been visiting more frequently and developed a schedule: Thursdays at 6 pm, Saturdays at 1. Every time Namjoon heard the bell on the door jingle and saw him walk through the doors, his face immediately brightened and his patience for annoying customers went up dramatically. Namjoon would always yell the greeting a bit louder than he should and Yoongi and Hoseok would give snicker as they prepared coffee. Whenever the stranger reached the counter, they would participate in a short conversation, usually interrupted by an impatient customer. Namjoon learned that Jin was an absolute foodie as well as a Nintendo geek. He loved food and even kept a food blog when he was in college. Jin found out that Namjoon had a passion for music - hip hop and rap in particular - and that he was in his senior year of college. He also learned about Namjoon's kind-of-cute obsession with Ryan and Brown from KakaoTalk Friends.

On his fifth visit, Namjoon asked, "It's nice to talk about characters we ship and all, but will I ever get to know your real name?"

"Need a nice name to match this nice face of mine?" The man joked.

"Well, that's not exactly a lie," Namjoon suavely added, thoroughly enjoying the blush on the stranger's face.

"I-I'm Kim Seokjin, but you can call me Jin short," Jin stuttered, the tips of his ears turning red.

"Geddit, Joon!" Yoongi shouted as he sprinkled pumpkin pie spice onto a latte. He muttered a small, "If I make one more goddamn pumpkin spice latte, I swear, I'm resigning."

Namjoon whipped his head and opened his mouth to make a snarky retort, but remembered Jin was still in front of him and held his tongue. He awkwardly laughed, "Ignore them, they're being stupid."

Jin looked down at the counter, eyes shy and voice soft, "Ah, are they? I was kinda happy for a bit. That's too bad."

This time, Namjoon choked on his spit and couldn't help but stare with a dumb smile as Jin made his way to his spot in the corner of the cafe, ignoring Hoseok and Yoongi's howls.

~.~.~.~.~

On his tenth visit, Jin came later than usual. Namjoon looked nothing short of a sad, albeit disappointed, puppy but he perked up when Jin ended up coming half an hour before closing time. He ordered a hot chocolate instead of his usual caramel macchiato ("Caffeine late at night is never a good idea") and sat at his usual table. At this time, the business slowed, so Namjoon was to pull up a stool and sit at the counter, propping his head up with his arm as he stared at Jin with a lazy grin. Namjoon watched Hoseok made his drink and smile at Jin as he handed it to him. His eyes followed Jin as he made it back to his table, but averted his gaze when Jin looked up at him, whipped cream stuck on his top lip. Namjoon wanted nothing more but to wipe it off for him. 

"You should ask him out, man," Hoseok whispered into his left ear.

"What? What the hell are you talking about?"

Yoongi was on his right, leaning on the counter as he smirked, "He's obviously waiting for you. Why else would he come this late? Ask him after closing time."

Namjoon rolled his eyes, "He's not gonna stay after closing time. Go clean up or something, we look like a bunch of twelve-year-olds with all that whispering and giggling and ."

Hoseok smacked Namjoon's shoulder, ", of course, he'll stay."

"No, he won't."

"But if he does," Yoongi raised his brows for emphasis, "you're asking him out."

Namjoon sighed, exasperated, "If I ask him out will you both shut up?"

"Yes," they answered in unison.

"Fine, whatever," Namjoon answered flatly. They looked at him in disbelief before tantalizing smirks flickered across their faces, taunting Namjoon. He raised his hands, feeling attacked, "I will; watch me! I'll ask him out and he'll say yes and you guys will be salty because you won't be able to make fun of me anymore."

Yoongi chuckled, "Geddit, Joon."

~.~.~.~.~

Jin did end up staying half an hour after closing time, checking his phone and standing up when he realized how late it was. He apologized profusely for staying back so late when the three told him repeatedly that it was fine.

"I'm sure you're all busy, or tired, or something and I just- let me help clean up or something!" Jin insisted.

"No, really, Jin-ssi. It's fine, we don't need help," Hoseok reassured him.

Yoongi smirked, "We're just grateful enough that you're not some annoying customer."

"There has to be some way I can compensate for your time," Jin persisted.

Yoongi and Hoseok trade glances before Namjoon leaned on the counter coolly, "Well, I don't know about them but I can think of one thing."

Jin nodded, "Name your price."

"I know the theater a few blocks down is having a Studio Ghibli rerun next Friday at 6, would you like to come watch with me?" 

A smile bloomed across Jin's face as the tips of his ears flushed their trademark red, "I thought you'd never ask."

~.~.~.~.~

Jin ends up falling asleep on Namjoon's shoulder halfway through the movie and usually, Namjoon would be a bit disappointed with him falling asleep on the date, but Jin was absolutely, teeth-rotting adorable and Namjoon found out that the other looked good on his arm. Namjoon held him close to his chest, trying to make Jin as comfortable as possible and making sure not to chew his popcorn too loudly. A soft smile found its way onto Jin's face when Namjoon wrapped his arm around his shoulders. The sight made Namjoon want to cry. 

When the credits finished rolling, Namjoon gently woke Jin up, who ended up blushing and terribly embarrassed that he fell asleep.

"Jin-hyung, you worry too much. I still had a lot of fun and you're still really pretty when you're asleep."

Jin flushed, "You cheeky flirt."

"Can I walk you home?" Namjoon asked nervously, not really wanting the date to end so early.

"Of course, Joonie."

The two ended up talking about everything and nothing at the same time, completely comfortable with each other despite it being only their first date. Namjoon had his arm around Jin's shoulders and Jin was clutching onto his hand because they just couldn't choose one or the other. Namjoon was disappointed when they reached Jin's apartment door and it looked like Jin was, too.

"Thanks for taking me out tonight, Joonie. Sorry for falling asleep on you," Jin said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's okay, really. We should...we should do this again another time."

"Yeah, we should."

Namjoon didn't know what came over him; maybe it was the nerves, maybe it was the way Jin looked, warm and so utterly happy, but Namjoon found himself with his arms around Jin's waist and pulling him closer. He saw Jin's eyes widen, but he couldn't stop himself.

"I don't usually kiss on the first date," Jin whispered, the heels of his palms on Namjoon's chest.

Namjoon stopped, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

Jin slid his hands around Namjoon's neck, "But I don't usually waste my money visiting cute baristas at cafes either."

And Jin's plush lips were against his and it was everything that Namjoon imagined and more. It wasn't perfect; they were both hesitant and Jin couldn't stop giggling and Namjoon didn't know where to put his hands, but it was everything that Namjoon could ask for. Jin was everything Namjoon could ask for. 

"You ship all the same ships that I ship, but is it weird that I kinda ship us?" Namjoon asked, kind of really breathless even though the kiss wasn't at all heated.

Jin froze, "That was...the worst line ever."

Namjoon blushed, "Shut up, I'm trying okay."

The embarrassment simmered away when Jin giggled and pressed a kiss to the corner of Namjoon's mouth, "It's cute. I like it a lot. I like you a lot, Joonie."

~.~.~.~.~

("Hyung, there was a delivery for you," the receptionist, Jimin, said, setting down a cup of coffee and a box of Royce chocolate.

That's funny. He hasn't received a delivery in the office in all three years that he worked there.

"Thank you, Jimin-ah. Who's this from?"

Jimin grinned, "I think you can figure out yourself."

Jin furrowed his brows, wary of the Jimin's smile, first eyeing the box of chocolate and then the coffee when he saw a note written on the side of the cup.

"To the best boyfriend in the world,

I'm sorry that we couldn't get lunch together, but don't worry. I still remember what day it is today ^^ You're the most kind, caring, beautiful partner anyone could ask for and there's not enough room on this cup for me to write how much I appreciate you. #Namjin<3

Happy Anniversary! I love you,

Joonie")


 

Ok so...it says it's been a draft for like a month now

But in reality I wrote this in like 4 days bc inspiration and "oh crap I should probably write something"

I enjoyed writing this one a lot tho ^^

I take prompt suggestions! Before you suggest a prompt, please view the rules and preferences on the foreword, thank you!

Come yell at me on twitter!