final.

domestication
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DOMESTICATION

"Soo? You're back early," Sehun greets his boyfriend with the sweetest smile when the other enters their shared apartment. He's in the kitchen, preparing dinner because it's one of his rare free days, and although his culinary skills are lacking, Sehun thinks that homemade food is a lot nicer than some takeout. Kyungsoo will appreciate the thought.

Okay, so maybe he's not that innocent. There are ulterior motives playing into this decision. Sehun might or might not have neglected his boyfriend for the past week, choosing to spend time with Luhan while he's in town, although he is fully aware of Kyungsoo's animosity towards his best friend who he used to date way back in freshman year. That was 5 years ago.

For the past week, Sehun had dinner with Luhan every day, often going to a bar or karaoke afterwards and telling Kyungsoo he would come home late. He didn't lie, saying he was spending some time with close friends, but he didn't tell his boyfriend the details either, not until Kyungsoo asked him if Luhan was back.

Kyungsoo had seen their selfies on Luhan's Instagram, and he didn't say much after Sehun admitted that he had been hanging out with Luhan. Nonetheless, Sehun knows that Kyungsoo is not pleased and thus he had decided to make an attempt at appeasing his boyfriend who must be having a hard time controlling the fury simmering inside of him.

"I should be the one asking you that," Kyungsoo says, still poised, but Sehun can see his control waning. Kyungsoo's hand is slightly shaking as he loosens his necktie. Sehun expects further inquiry, but there is none. Kyungsoo walks past him to their bedroom, so Sehun turns back to his task at hand - dinner.

Kyungsoo doesn't show up until food is served, simple doenjang jjigae with rice, a dish his boyfriend taught him to make. He is satisfied when Kyungsoo hums in approval after the first spoon, but his mood soon turns sour. Kyungsoo is staying silent throughout their meal, not reacting to neither Sehun’s stories, nor his questions.

Now, Sehun knows that he hasn't been nice to his boyfriend lately, but that does not justify the silent treatment. In fact, he is waiting for Kyungsoo to blow up, but there comes nothing. It leaves Sehun craving for attention, but he is hesitant to ask for that. It's not in his place to do so, though he has hoped for Kyungsoo to be as sweet as always, loving, doting, caring, easily forgiving.

"Thanks for the meal," Kyungsoo murmurs and gets up once he's done. Sehun is irritated, but he doesn't speak up. He clears the table and does the dishes without another word. Maybe Kyungsoo will forgive him once they are cuddling in front of the TV.

He slides up to his boyfriend, invading Kyungsoo's personal space on the couch, but again, there is no reaction. Kyungsoo's eyes stay glued to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter