Chapter 13

H&H

((I APOLOGIZE ONCE AGAIN NO WORRIES IM NOT ABANDONING THIS FIC DFGJL))

Another day where Jaehwa was at work meant another day where Jihoon could work on more songs. He wasn’t too fond of showing his work to his boyfriend, although he often feared it would have the same lackluster response as the first time and only time he did show him. Instead the boy would work at overnight when the other was asleep, or; Like today; when he was at work. It was refreshing to finally get some work done.

… Only it would be if he didn’t have writer’s block.

Oh woe is him! Writer’s block was a serious issue for songwriters like himself. Just when he had the time, he had to have no ideas at all. 

Just then, his phone dinged. The boy scrambled to grab it, staring at the lit up screen. 

Soon: heyyyyyy

Jihoon smiled as he swiped right to unlock his phone. Soonyoung could give him some ideas, right?

Hoon: Mourning what's up

Soon: I'm at Seok’s house actually

Hoon: dude I haven't talked to him since

Hoon: uh

Soon: lmao that's awkward

Soon: I'll tell him you said hi ^u^

Hoon: Thanks.

Soon: whatcha up to?????

Hoon: Songs 

Soon: !!!!!!!!!

Soon: iM COMING OVER BYE SEOK LOL

Hoon: WaIt wHAt

Soon: Jae isn't home, is he??

Jihoon widened his eyes. Quickly, he looked at the time. His boyfriend wouldn't be home for the whole morning. With a gulp, he began texting again.

Hoon: No.

Soon: great!!! I'll be there in about.. A few hours?

Hoon: that's okay.

Soon: can't wait to hear it!!!! 

The boy chuckled. It was weird, Soonyoung was always ready to listen to any songs he might be working on. He's been with most of the songs he's made, often giving feedback to make it better. He would even choreograph some dances for some, whenever he could, of course.

Even though his friend would be here in some hours, he would still liked to get some work done. Looking for some more inspiration, he decided to talk to his online buddy.

Hoon: You busy????

Hao: ehhhhhhh a bit??? I’m going out soon

The male frowned. So much for asking him. He probably shouldn’t talk any further, he wouldn’t want to bother his new friend.

Hoon: That’s okay man, I’ll text you later

A minute or so passed before he had gotten another message. It looked like the other was okay with speaking at the moment, so he continued the conversation. The two chatted on what he was doing and Hao soon offered to take photos of the area for him. Jihoon’s face brightened as he read the message. A new environment would work so well with him, he would definitely want that. 

Already determined, the Korean decided to play around with his music program, trying to see if he could whip up anything on the whim. After a few minutes of playing around, he stood up. He had gotten a sense on what the beat might be and so he travelled to the closet to reveal a dusty keyboard. He frowned. How long was it since he cleaned this? It couldn’t have been that long, right?

With a huff, he pulled out the keyboard, dragging it against the carpeted floor before propping it up next to the computer. Pulling a few napkins out of its box, he started wiping down the keys, shocked when they made a sound. Did he not turn it off beforehand?

He pressed the keys once more, the sound sounding slightly dull. To be safe, he searched for some spare batteries. When he couldn’t find any, he let out a groan, grabbing his phone. To his surprise, another message from Hao was on his screen.

Hao: She wanted to come but I bribed her >u>

Hao sent a video

The male watched the video, a smile creeping on his face. His dog was the most adorable thing he’s ever seen, even if he wasn’t a dog fan. 

“So dog toy? You’re good with that, Ki?” A voice said in Korean, making the dog bark loudly. Jihoon blinked owlishly, assuming that that voice was Hao. He had a slight accent when he spoke Korean, although now he wondered how his voice in Chinese would sound like. After the video ended, he began typing.

Hoon: Omg 

Hoon: You better give her the best toy ever

He chuckled at his own response, his spirits lifted from the video. Just when he was about to message Soonyoung about batteries, a knock arrived at the door. In a hurry, he rushed to open the door, almost knocking over his keyboard.

“Yo.” Soonyoung said, grinning. Speak of the Devil. “You gonna let me in?”

“Uh, actually, I wanna ask you something.” He responded, staring at the male from inside.

“Yeah, what’s up?” He replied, raising an eyebrow.

“You got a batteries?” He asked timidly, mentally smacking himself. Why was he so nervous?

“Batteries?” He questioned before taking a peek inside, only to squeal. “You got the keyboard out!?” 

Jihoon laughed, covering his mouth as he did. “Yeah, that surprising?”

“Yes!! All you do is play on your computer,” He mocked a face of distress, placing a hand on his forehead. “You never give love to your child.”

“My child?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Didn’t Jaehwa buy you that? It’s your child!” He said, waving his hands around. 

“Oh.” He uttered out, sheepishly rubbing his neck. He forgot that the piano was a gift from a long time ago.

“I’m just joking around.” The other grinned, turning away from the door. “I’ll get some batteries.”

He chuckled in response as the male ran off to get the batteries. When he came back, the two got straight to work, getting a considerable amount of work done. With the help of all the pictures of China Hao was sending them, Jihoon was flowing with inspiration. They had gotten a few ideas down, already deciding to go with one idea in particular. 

“These picture give a sense of.. Home? Does that make sense?” Soonyoung said, flipping through the other’s phone.

“Yeah, I get it.” Jihoon nodded, tapping away on the keyboard. “But it’s probably because Hao took those pictures. You know, he probably took pictures of things he’s seen already.”

“Agreed. You should tell him to get into photography.” He responded before taking a look at the time. He jumped, running towards his shoes and hurriedly putting them on.

The smaller stared at him in shock that soon turned into concern. “What’s up?”

“Well while I was leaving Seok to hang out with you, I told him I’d meet him at this mall later.”

“Lost track of time?”

“Yup.” He replied, twisting the doorknob to open the door. “I’ll see you later, ‘kay?”

“Yeah, peace out.” The boy left him staring at the closed door before he realized he needed to clean up. He’ll put away the piano properly this time.

He checked the time once more, reminding himself that Jaehwa was going to arrive in a few more minutes. He should probably be quick, he thought to himself.