Finale

Red Velvet Christmas Story
Please log in to read the full chapter


Irene, Wendy, and their beloved daughter Yerim were snuggled up together on the couch in their living room on a cold December morning watching some children's show in which Wendy and Irene had no interest in at all, Yerim watched it with great enthusiasm while Irene and Wendy were secretly stealing kisses from each other. But Yerim had a serious thought on her mind that had been bugging her all morning.
"Mommy when is Christmas?"
"It's in 4 days sweetie" Irene replied in a soft voice.
"Why can't Christmas be now?"
Irene giggled at her daughter who stomped her foot on the floor, barely emitting a sound. Yerim LOVED Christmas and she would always talk about how she wanted to celebrate it, even on her own birthday. Maybe it was because Yerim was the only small child in the family as neither of her parents had any siblings so she would be in the center of attention, but her parents were fairly rich as well so Yerim would always get very spoiled when it came to presents. This also meant that her parents had a lot of wrapping to do the days before the big holiday and so Yerim would be over at a family friend's house. The friend's name was Seulgi and she lived together with her friend Joy, all three of them would watch movies and play in the snow while Irene and Wendy were stressing over all of the work they had to do.
"You'll just have to wait a couple of more days, it is not that hard to do" Wendy tried to reassure her.
Yerim pouted and laid flat on her stomach with her face almost embedded into a corner of the couch. Irene smiled at her daughter as she her back.
"But you will get to spend time with Seulgi and Joy, don't you usually love doing that?"
"I do" Yerim's mumble could barely be heard at all.
"If you get dressed and bring down your little suitcase I'll drive you to their apartment, " Said Wendy who knew that there was a lot of work to do at home.
Without any protest, Yerim pulled her head out of the corner and sat up, slowly beginning to walk upstairs to her bedroom. When she was gone Irene took the opportunity to kiss Wendy in a way that wouldn't have been possible if their daughter would have been there. They would have gone further if Yerim had taken any longer than she did.
"I'm done now mom, please let me go to Ddeulgi and Sootan now"
Although they had just been interrupted from doing something they both had been longing for Wendy and Irene could not be mad at Yerim after asking a simple question with so much aegyo. Wendy and Irene both stood up with flushed faces and took Yerim to the front door where she put on her shoes. The small family of three went outside, Yerim held onto her parents' hands as she was afraid to slip on the ice that had formed on the driveway. During the car ride, they all sang along to Christmas songs playing on the radio until they had arrived outside of an apartment complex in which two familiar people lived, in fact, two girls were already waiting for Yerim outside. The two girls ran up to the car as fast as they could without falling and opened the rear door when the car had fully stopped, taking Yerim out and pulling her into a bear hug. Irene and Wendy stepped out of the vehicle and greeted their friends, also saying farewell to their beloved daughter. 
"Bye dear, we'll see you in three days, " Irene said as she hugged the little girl before boarding the car along with Wendy again.
Yerim, Seulg, and Joy went inside and rode the elevator up to the eleventh floor. The little girl ran out of the elevator and down the hallway stopping in front of an all too familiar door, the two older girls watched the precious little one.
The whole evening was spent drawing and playing various games like tag, as the night approached Seulgi and Joy were already tired to the point were they could fall asleep on the toilet but Yerim seemed to have more energy than any living creature.
"Can we go outside and play in the snow?" Yerim begged as she jumped around on the sofa."
"Can't we do that tomorrow?" Joy asked in which she thought was a polite manner to the little child.
"It's no fun being here anymore" Yerim pouted.
Seulgi grabbed Yerim's hand stopping her from jumping any longer and pulled her onto her lap.
"We can play in the snow tomorrow baby girl, it's too dark now" Seulgi cooed.
"Okay"
Seulgi seemed to h

Please log in to read the full chapter