July

July

 

 

July

 

 

 

The sun was rising faster that early morning, the silver-like light peeking from curtain gap and resting the little shine to every corner of the white-based room. My visions stopped at a God’s art beside me, a very mesmerizing one. Her black jet hair messily scattered all over the pillow, some strains sticking at her doll face. She looks pale, maybe because the winter cold, but her cheeks were tinted rosy. Her long lashes flickered perfectly and slightly opened apart, sometimes mumbling alien words in her sleep. Her chest rising up and down in the constant rhythm, also the same rhythm as mine – that’s what they called meant to be, wasn’t it?

She snuggled closer my torso and threw her arms circling my waist. In respond, I nestled her even closer, sticking her fully bare body to mine. My arms sneaking under her neck, reaching the back of her head and pulled her head to the crook of my neck. She mumbled my name in very sweet voice, barely audible but loud enough to tickle my ear.

 

“–fan.”

“Mmhmm?”

“–fan donnt take my donath.” Sleep talking again. Cute.

I giggled silently. “I’m not taking it, honeybee. It’s all yours.”

“You’re the best––“ she smile faintly and back to her deep slumber.

 

 

She still the same little-yet-grown-up woman I met two years ago at Kevin’s birthday party. Kevin introduced her as his little sister, later I know she is a very close friend of Kevin’s little cousin, and Kevin treasured her as he treasured her own little cousin. She looks younger than her real age, twenty years old while I was twenty six, making her jokingly called me uncle during our first met and still go on until now. Hours passing by, bottles emptied, and it was getting harder not to fell for her. Was it her face? Was it her figure? Was it her crescent eyes? Everything. All of them marked it. But I love her laugh the most. There wasn’t any reason to love her laugh, it simply seeing her carefree laugh make my lips corner twitched by itself. That was a new feeling for a Kris Wu.

 

 

The body beside me snuggled and opened her eyes ve-ry slowly, adapting to the radiating sun light shining her face. “Jiaheng?” she murmured.

“Hmm?”

Opening her eyelids, her coffee-colored eyes came in sight. “You wake up?” she rose her hands above her head, wriggled her body and threw her arms to my hair to tuft them. Gosh, she’s so cute.

Cupping her cheek, I pulled her face closer to mine, giving her a quick morning peck. She giggled in response. “Mmhmm. Just now.”

This time, she hungrily nibbled my swollen lips, it lightly, still giggling in between. My favorite kind of giggles. “Go back to sleep, Mister Li. It’s still dawn.”

 

 

It’s been a habit for her to call me by my birth name. It was the very first time ‘Jiaheng’ sounds beautiful rolling down from her own mouth. When I asked why she prefer Jiaheng over Yifan, her answer surprised me. ‘The day you were born, the world sing their gratitude for you through your name, Li Jiaheng. Persistently wise. That was a wish for you to be’. She called me Yifan sometimes –usually when she’s being extremely clingy– but most of the time, it’s always Jiaheng. I don’t mind, I never mind. Just being with her, everything feels right.

 

 

 

 

“Wake up, sleepyhead.” she flicked his furrowed eyebrow. Feeling like haring an angel morning voice, he scrunched his nose while gaining back his soul he left in dream. Pretty, he thought.

“Hmm… Where are you going?” he spoke in his signature husky-morning voice.

“My part time. It’s Thursday, remember?”

“Can’t you stay? I still miss you.”

“As much as I missed you, too, you know I love today’s part time.”

“Thursday means coffee, right?” he asked her. His woman bobbed her head, making some strands of hair fall into her face.

Besides taking veterinarian as her main major, she always love to challenge different kinds of part time. Started from waitress, cashier, bubble tea shop, librarian, until barista. She found her liking in being a barista, she doesn’t need to move a lot and she can recommend good coffee to customer every time. She only had barista shift on Tuesday and Thursday, then spent the rest week at a vet clinic nearby.  

“My boyfriend remembered. Waw amazing.” she scrunched her nose, bringing her face closer to Kris’s and bring her lips closer to his, giving him a usual morning kiss. The man, getting an unexpected morning kiss, blushed hard. His cheek bones almost popped up. “I’ll see you tomorrow, right? It’s our day.”

Friday has always been their day because Kris has always has packed schedule on weekend, so they make Friday as theirs, only theirs. Unless Kris has a last minute schedule, he won’t skip the day.

“Baby…”

“What again, Jiaheng?”

He chuckled, the girl eyed him. “Nothing. It’s fun teasing you.”

“Yeah, yeah because I’m still a kid, right?” she scoffed. “As always.”

“I don’t mean that–“

“I’m leaving. Don’t forget to lock the door. Bye.”

“Baby–“

Bang! The door was closed with a loud bang, the sound of clanking heels inaudibly getting far away, leaving the man in bed grabbing his blonde hair in furious. He just freaking did a mistake.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Deep inside, she didn’t really like when Kris kid her. Six years apart was really something, but she didn’t feel like acting like a bratty kid to Kris all these years. She never whined or complained anything about his job, nor she ever feel left out if he never present. She always tried to understand his job, she always did.

Their simple argue this morning made her curse all the way to her workplace. She threw her bag in her locker angrily then wear her apron, still sulking. She hates it when everyone else doubt her skill just because her young ages. ‘What’s wrong with being twenty-four and own a vet clinic? What’s with twenty-four and have a thirty years old superstar boyfriend?’, she silently cursed, stomped her feet furiously, then proceed to her coffee machine, ready to serve customer today.

“Welcome to coffeetee, may I take your order?” she welcomed a customer while beaming a warm wide smile, instantly forgetting all her disappointment from this morning.

 

 

 

Even until she finished her shift at 6pm, strolling in bookstore, and did all grocery shopping, there wasn’t any text or call from Kris since she left the house. She didn’t really mind about it. Kris must be busy today, he could be come home late and she planned to cook his favorite home-cooked dishes.

She opened her apartment door, finding all lights were still on, left untouched since this morning. Kris usually never forget to turned off the light because she kept nagging about how expensive electricity lately. This is weird, she thought. Stepping her foot inside the house, she faintly heard some sounds coming from kitchen area. There shouldn’t be anyone in house, except…

“Kris! What are you doing?” she half-yelled, actually surprised seeing her lover wearing an apron and put his brunette front bang tightly tied apple-style.

He looked at her direction with wicked smile. “You’re home, baby. Welcome home,” then he walked towards her and pecked her cheek. “Are you hungry? It’s going to be done in a few minutes. Wait a bit, okay?”

The woman froze on her spot, she didn’t know what to say at the moment. She threw her gaze all over the messy kitchen. There was a lot of raw ingredients above the kitchen counter, just the same things as the one she bought today.

“You did grocery?” she asked him. “Now we have double for everything. Great. The fridge won’t fit, Jiaheng.”

“Then we will cook them all tonight. Sounds nice, right?” he winked playfully.

“No, it doesn’t sound nice. Who gonna eat them all?”

Kris couldn’t help but find his girl was so lovely. He walked towards her and sneaked his arms on her waist, circling them, and bring her small body to sit on kitchen counter.

“And why didn’t you go to work today? You should be somewhere in the other part of the world singing or modelling or –“

“Are you hating the fact that I’m here right now? Because that makes me sad.”

“No, I’m not…” she lowered her head. “but I didn’t know you’ll be home. If I knew, I wouldn’t be pissed off about this morning and–“ Kris kept smiling listen to her nagging, he felt like wanting to kiss her. “–I won’t take longer shift just because I don’t want to go home and find it so empty without you, or I shouldn’t stroll around book store like some stupid or I didn’t need to buy groce– “

Kris couldn’t handle it anymore and landed his lips on her, making her suddenly jolted up and shut . “Why did you do that, Wu Freaking Yifan?” she smacked his chest.

“Sorry babe, you were just so tempting.” she pouted her lips, annoyed. “What did you cook?”

“Your favorite Cantonese-style fried rice.”

“Really?” she bulged her eyes, looking interested.

“Yeah,” he patted her head softly. “You want to shower first? I’ll clean up and ready when you finish shower, hm?”

Pressing her lips into thin line, she nodded obediently. “Okay,” then she got down from the kitchen counter and dragged her bag on floor, heading to shower. “and make sure not to burn the house, baby.” she giggled and run quickly before Kris threw a paprika at her.

 

 

 

 

The dinner went well, his girl talked about the man she met at café who had his Chihuahua dog checked in her vet clinic just some weeks ago. Her eyes lit up when she tell him stories. Another reason why she looks so lovely in his eyes.

After dinner, she insisted on washing dishes, which Kris would never win in arguing anyway. While waiting for her, he silently prepare coffee powder for her to brew later. The both always finished their dinner with decaf coffee, because it’s always goes well after dinner, and her own dripped coffee was always Kris’s favorite.

He took a box of Krispy Kreme donut from fridge, gaining her attention who were still washing dishes and quickly wrapped up to eat her favorite donut as soon as possible. Kris chuckled silently and bring her donuts to their couch, muttering a clear ‘coffee first, babe’, earning a vigorous nod from her.

After some minutes, she jumped into their couched with two cups of coffee in her hand. He already put on her favorite Agent Carter series on TV and she instantly glued her eyes on it, mouth busy munching donuts.

“Do you think Peg will marry to Captain Rogers if he didn’t ice?” Kris suddenly asked.

“Of course he will. Peg would definitely say yes to him and they’d be the first generation of Mister and Mistress Smith.”

“How about Hulk and Black Widow?” he asked her again.

“They also will do,” she talked with full of donut. Kris’s finger wiped them silently. “I mean, only Natasha could tame Hulk and only Hulk who could stop Natasha’s y-ness, no?”

“Nice theory,” he nodded stupidly. “How about you, babe?”

She shifted her gaze to his serious-looking face. “Hm?”

“Will you say yes if I propose to you right now?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“The hell, Yifan! That scared me!” she smacked his arms.

“But I’m serious though.”

She groaned this time, still thinking that Kris joked around too much today. “Yeah yeah, Mister Wu. Try again next time.”

He shut his mouth tightly, deep inside didn’t liking the way she call her ‘Mister Wu’ instead of her usual ‘Jiaheng’. He didn’t joke around this time. He worked his off for the last months to make sure he could take some days off with her. He left clues all over the house since last month, showing how much he love her and need her in his life.

Kris couldn’t take it anymore. He forcefully took her donuts and put their cup of coffee in the table, finally earning her attention. “Let me show you how serious I am.” he whispered. His arm sneaked around her waist and he managed to lift her body so she clinged into her like koala. She didn’t flinch, quietly obey whatever Kris would do to her.

Kris walked towards kitchen and sat her again on kitchen counter. He stood in front of her and leaned his body forward, trapping her body with his sturdy arms. “Remember when we made love here, honey?”

Her face suddenly turned red hearing him bringing out the topic. One of the mind-blowing made love, yes, how could I forget? she silently thought.

“Of course you do remember, hm?” she nodded. “Now open the drawer right under your left thigh.”

She eyed him anxiously but stretched her hand to open the drawer. There was some spoons, forks, chopstick, and some other utensils. But there was also a blue-colored small envelope, which logically, shouldn’t be here in a freaking kitchen. She took the envelope and close the drawer. “What is it?”

“Open and read it, honey.”

She slowly opened the envelope as Kris told her to and opened the folded paper.

 

 

 

january 8th, 2016

hello baby, happy new year again! let’s stay together this year

and next year, and also next next year! I love you♥

love, your Jiaheng

 

 

 

“Jiaheng, I–“

“Ssshh,” he put his finger on her lips to prevent her from talking too much. “ready for next place?”

Kris didn’t wait for her to answer, once again carry her body to his next destination, laundry room. He put her body above the washing machine and pointed to a shelf where she lined detergent neatly. She found a peach-colored envelope there and quickly opened it.

 

 

 

 

may 17th, 2016

hi again baby, I figured out you still haven’t discovered my letters

summer is coming soon and please take care of yourself while I go to LA, okay?

I’ll miss you always and I love you sooo much♥

love, your Mister Li

 

 

 

 

She giggled happily and fold back the envelope, put them between her lips just like she did with the blue envelope. “Next place, Jiaheng. Next place.”

“You seems like enjoying the ride, babe.” she smiled innocently like a kid and stretched her arms to his, so he can carry her again. He threw his head back laughing, couldn’t stand of her cuteness. Kris still carry her nevertheless, heading to the next place, their bathroom.

This time, without he pointed out any places, she searched around the cabinets and found what she had looking for. A yellow-colored envelope.

 

 

 

 

september 25th, 2016

hey baby. thank you for being in my life for the last three years and happy anniversary xo

p.s. i never knew you were this clueless, but i still love you anyway

 

 

 

 

She giggled again then shrugged her body in excitement. She suddenly remembered how often they had in shower and continue in bathroom sink because Kris always being a bastard. But she didn’t mind. She never did. She always enjoy the as much as Kris did. Kris always took good care of her, she was sure of that. Kris never forget to ask her forgiveness if he thought something wrong happen when in fact, she already forgive him first. That makes her feeling the love from Kris.

She, also, thought that she was a bad girlfriend to him. She wasn’t as pretty as Kris’s woman in his movie, she wasn’t as skinny as models he always met on fashion week, she wasn’t good at cook, she worried him a lot, but she never gave up on giving Kris happiness every time they had time together.

 

 

 

 

 

december 25th, 2016

thanks for always being supportive for me reaching dusts of dream I wanted to achieve, honey. you were always there to encourage me whenever I feel lost, whenever I feel down, and whenever I need someone to slap me and bring me back to reality. I’m sorry for not being able to be there on your graduation, on your clinic opening, on your days, on your morning, and to cuddle you at night. I’m sorry for lacking a lot. but I can guarantee you the amount of love I always had for you were beyond you ever imagine

thank you for being perfect for me. I love you baby donuts;) merry xmas! xo

love, your Jiaheng

 

 

 

The winter breeze hit her small body, making her whimpered. She only wore a white shirt, which actually belongs to Kris that looks too baggy and ended up on her knees. Kris quickly wrapped his arms around her, warming her up.

He remembered couldn’t be home for last year’s Christmas. She decided to visit her parents in Wenzhou, she didn’t like stay alone in her home without Kris.

“How can you hide this under the pot, look at it turned brown when it should be green, Jiaheng. Meanie Jiaheng.” she pouted.

“Stop being cute or I’ll ravish you right here right now, babe.” she smacked his chest hard, for the nth time that day, making him winced in pain. “Next place, Jiaheng.”

“Next place is our bed,” he smirked playfully while her face turned red, imagining things he’d give her in their bed. “stop thinking dirty, donut monster.” he flicked her forehead. “As much as I want to ravish you tonight, nope, I won’t.” he pecked her nose one last time before carried her bridal style to their bed.

He threw her body on the fluffy mattress followed by her loud laugh, inviting him to smile as well. “You stay there and only do what I told you, okay?”

“Is that included if you asked me to kill myself or –“ she asked randomly.

“Babe…”

“Okay, okay. Kidding.” she pulled a fake zipper over , pressing them into thin line and try not to make any sound.

 

 

“First, I want you to hold all the letters you failed to find since a year ago…” he instructed. She, holding back her giggles, did as he said.

“Now, I’m gonna give you my last letter. Ready?” she pouted, knowing that the one he’d give her was the last one. She wished for more letter. Nevertheless, she nodded.

“Open the first drawer, babe.” he ordered.

She reached her hand, opening the first drawer of her lamp desk, finding various things there. Aroma candles, hair bands, bobby pins, and a red envelope. Seeing that envelope making her smile widely.

“Open the envelope, cupcake.”

The envelope was different from the rest of the envelope. The other was light and thin. This red envelope was a bit heavy and volume. She opened it anyway and bulged her eyes one second later. She palmed her gaping mouth then turned her head to Kris, who grinning stupidly.

“I’ve been meaning to say this since year ago, honey. But you know I always bad with words, that's why I wrote letters and scattered them all over the house,”

Froze on her spot, she looked flustered yet happy yet shocked and speechless.

“I didn’t joking, right?”

She grabbed what was inside the envelope and took it out, a simple circle shiny thing that would definitely fit her ring finger perfectly.

 

 

 

 

 

“Will you marry me, babe?”