Final

a long, long list of mistakes (drinks)

Sometimes you thought your friends had a really bad influence on you. They would pressure you into doing things you never did, such as going out to party or getting drunk. Being easy to convince, most of the time you agreed, but ever since you had met Jinwoo, your boyfriend, you hadn't had much time to go out.

That, of course, triggered the whining of said friends, who never forgot to mention how you had replaced them with a handsome guy.

So then were you surprised when they showed up in front of your workplace on the only day you got off early? Yes, but you shouldn't have been. They invited you to a nearby bar, in the hopes of "mending this broken friendship" they had said.

Accepting their offer was your first mistake. The first drink you basically shoved down your throat was the second mistake. The next drink was the third. The next the forth and so on.

And if we're talking about mistakes, then not texting your boyfriend to let him know where you were or that you were coming in late was probably the worst one you made that night.

Fast forward four hours or so, your friends dropped you, drunk, on the steps of your shared apartment with Jinwoo. It was past midnight and you know he'd be angry, if the missed calls and texts on your phone were anything to go by.

As you wobbled your way through your front door, you could see the light coming from underneath it, sign that he was still awake.

You slowly opened the door, the sound it made making your head spin a little bit. Wow, you were drunk. Jinwoo wouldn't like that.

Immediately as you stepped into the living room, a loud voice was heard.

"Where the hell have you been, Y/N? I was worried sick. You weren't answering your phone, I had to text Yuri and you know I hate talking to her ever since she pulled that stunt."

At that you could only sigh, why was he talking so much? 

"I was out" you said

"Yes, I can see that. But couldn't you have at least texted me? You can't just do that, Y/N."

"Whatever"

You looked at him, noticing that he was wearing a dark cap on his head. Why was he wearing it? Was it raining? In your apartment? Oh no, you hated rain, it made your hair go wild. 

You raised your hands over your head and looked up to check, but because you were already slightly unsteady, it made you lose your balance.

Fortunately, Jinwoo caught you and brought you back up, then started making his way to the kitchen, taking you with him.

"Jinwoo, is it raining in here? It's almost summer I don't want my TV to get wet, I just bought it" you started mumbling nonsense.

He sighed.

"And you're drunk. That's- that's just great. You're never allowed to see Yuri again."

And that's when you lost your .

"Who are you to tell me what to do?" you pulled your arm back, almost falling while doing it. "I'm a grown up woman, I can make decisions for myself. I'm not a kid"

"Then stop acting like one" he sighed "I was just worried, I'm sorry I said that. Now stand still while I get you some water "

And then he went to the sink, leaving you to sit at the table. Leaving? Was Jinwoo leaving you? Was he breaking up with you? No, no. Why would he do that?

Jinwoo turned around when he heard you sniffing, suddenly panicking. You were obviously out of it right now, as you had your face pressed against the wooden table, arms hanging lose around you.

He rushed to you, taking your face between his hands and trying to stop your tears. Did his comment really upset you that much? He just really disliked Yuri, and usually you did as well despite having the same group of friends.

"What happened? Why are you crying?" he asked, getting the hair out of your face.

"Jinwoo" you whined, clawing at his shirt. "Please don't break up with me, I love you and I know I'm annoying but-"

Yes, you really were a sad drunk.

"Where is this coming from?"

"You left me" You continued, looking straight at him. "You left me here all alone"

"...yes, to get you a glass of water"

"Oh"

He laughed slightly and wiped your face with a tissue. Obviously, he was still mad, but he knew he had been keeping you from your friends and that it was time you had some fun. He would've liked to be there with you however.

As he got up to finally get you some water, you turned your head to look at the counter. And then you saw it, standing there, just waiting for you to take it.

Cake.

You slowly got up on your still unstable feet and made your way to it. You were a ninja, nobody could spot you, you were invisible to the homo sapien race. Maybe even to animals. Except to maybe, like, eagles or something. And sharks. Oh, you disliked sharks. But it was ok, because they were underwater and you weren't-

"What are you doing?"

Oh . SHARK.

You grabbed a handful of the cake and started running, making your way towards your bedroom, when a hand grabbed you and stopped you, pining you against the wall.

Jinwoo was looking straight at you, and even though there was a slight amusement in his eyes, his eyebrows indicated that he was almost done with your drunken behavior.

"Seriously, did you also smoke something? Or are you that bad at handling alcohol " he sighed, looking around and spotting the place where you had dropped your handful of cake " you're so not gonna like that in the morning"

"Can I it?"

He was about to crash his own head against the wall.

"No, you can't. Let's get you to bed and I'll clean up-"

"Will you it?"

"Oh my god, no- shut up. That's inappropriate."

He finally got you to settle in your shared bed and put some clothes for you on the nightstand.

"Please change while I go take care of the mess, there's some water on the table, drink it and then change" he started making his way to the door "I'd ask you to shower but you'd probably drown and I can't help you myself right now"

And then he went out the door, leaving you there. This time you didn't freak out, you were too busy sulking about the cake. Nevertheless, you changed yourself because the clothes you were wearing weren't too comfortable and then sat at the edge of the bed, drinking your water and looking out the window.

When Jinwoo finally came back, you were much better. Still drunk, but not drunk enough to not know what's going on around you.

"I can't believe they just left me like that in front of the door." You said " I have horrible friends "

Jinwoo smiled and sat down next to you.

"I see that you're feeling better? Please don't puke on the carpet, though"

"I can't promise anything." You laughed 

Then you turned to look at him, suddenly feeling guilty for everything he had had to put up with because of you. If he was the one that went out without telling you first and then came home barely standing, he would've been sleeping outside.

"I'm really sorry that I didn't tell you, I just wanted to have a night out"

He put his arm around you and started playing softly with your hair. For a while, he didn't say anything, probably just enjoyed everything being over.

"It's ok" he sighed "I shouldn't have kept you all for myself. I was worried, especially when you showed up like that, I lost it a bit."

You just cuddled up closer to him instead of saying anything. In the morning you were gonna pay for it anyway, but fortunately you had Jinwoo there, who would always take care of you no matter what. And it went both ways.

But then-

"Oh my god."

"What?"

"I'm about to throw up."

"Wh- wait no...NOT ON THE CARPET OH GOD"