Arranged

Arranged
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon couldn't understand how piece of paper could feel like gold, smell like power and the slight mention of it can change people's mind. Yes — money. Jeongyeon was born with a silver spoon in ; a snap of her finger could get her anything she wanted but she wasn't like that. In fact, she hated how money could control everyone, even if it meant stealing your daughter's happiness away from her.

"No! I will not get married! I don't even know her! And you both clearly know I'm dating Nayeon!" Jeongyeon yelled across the table. 

"Sit down Jeongyeon and listen to us..." her Mother sighed. 

"No!" Jeongyeon spat.

"Why can't we talk about this without you getting angry?" Her Father asked.

"Are you dumb?" Jeongyeon asked sarcastically. 

"Watch your mouth-"

"Are you hearing yourselves right now? You are willing to sacrifice my happiness for money?!" 

"As parents we sacrificed so much for your and you treat us like that?!" Her Father boomed.

"I never asked to be born!" Jeongyeon hissed. 

"Young lady! Our decision is final. You will marry to the Myoui family and that's final!" Her Mother said before leaving the table. 

Jeongyeon took her keys and stormed out of the house even before touching her food. Getting into her car, she only had one place she wanted to go — Nayeon's house. 

Nayeon groaned as she crawled out of the bed of her apartment. She was awoken by the vigorous ringing of her door bell and was wondering who it would be at this hour. 

"J-Jeongyeon?" Nayeon's eyes widened once she saw the latter. But instead of greeting her, Jeongyeon pulled Nayeon into a hug and sobbed. She knew Jeongyeon was a big crybaby but she doesn't just cry at random. 

"What's wrong babe?" Nayeon asked while using her finger to wipe the latter's tears away. 

Jeongyeon snuggled closer against her on the bed took a deep breath. "I love you..." 

"You are making no sense." Nayeon scoffed. 

Jeongyeon finally pulled away and Nayeon saw a pair of apologetic eyes that were filled with guilt. She furrowed her brows. 

"You cheated on me?!" Nayeon blurted but Jeongyeon quickly denied. 

"Worse... My parents. They... they want me to marry another woman..." Jeongyeon uttered. 

"What?..." Nayeon breathed as she loosened her hold on the latter's hands. 

"D-don't they know that we have been together for 3 years?" Nayeon asked with a little frustration in her voice.

"Yes... but you know them... they only allowed us to be together because back then they wanted partnership with your family..." Jeongyeon sighed.

"So they found another? But why do you need to be married off?" 

"The other party wants it..."

Nayeon looked away and sighed. 

"So what's going to happen to us now?" She asks.

Jeongyeon pulled her into a hug and promised that she would work it out before giving her a kiss.

The next day, Yoo family arranged a meeting with her soon-to-be fiancé/Wife's family. Jeongyeon was late... on purpose. She thought maybe if she was late, the family would turn her down but they waited patiently. When Jeongyeon entered the private room of the restaurant, she could feel the tension in the air because of how angry her parents were. 

"Sorry I'm late." Jeongyeon uttered before sitting down. 

She looked around the room and she could see this Japanese couple and a young girl, presumably her Daughter, sitting beside the powerful looking man. 

"Im sure your parents have told you about the agreement." He bellowed. 

Jeongyeon just silently nodded.

"Good and I hope you have no objections to it." He smiled.

"Do I even have a choice?" Jeongyeon shot. 

The man furrowed his brows but Jeongyeon's Father broke the tension and apologised on behalf of her. Jeongyeon listened as their families discussed about the wedding. She hasn't felt so helpless in her life before. But her eyes fell on the quiet girl; she didn't seem to be enjoying the moment but she just remained quiet throughout the whole process.

A few weeks later, they both had their engagement. It was a small ceremony but a few of the media representatives were invited to cover the event. Before the post marriage party ended, Jeongyeon's Father handed her a piece of paper and a set of keys. 

"You new house. ~and don't embarrass me." He hissed and walked away. 

Jeongyeon walked back to where Mina was and bid her to follow her to the car. Jeongyeon drove them to the place and it was a silent ride. Stepping into the house, Jeongyeon and Mina scanned the place. It was a single story furnished 5 room house, consisting of the master bedroom, guest rooms study room, store room and a huge living room decorated with a chandelier.

"You didn't have to agree to this marriage..." Mina uttered. 

"Well... I wouldn't if I could. I would be rushing my girlfriend's livelyhood." Jeongyeon said in an emotionless tone.

"You can sleep in the master bed room and I'll be in the guest room." She added before leaving Mina on her own. 

A few hours later, Mina came knocking on Jeongyeon's door. 

"Can we talk?" Mina asked hesitantly. 

Jeongyeon groaned and got up from her bed to open the door.

"Yea?" She sighed.

"I just want to say... don't lock yourself in the room all day. I don't restrict you from seeing your girlfriend."

"Wow. Thanks." Jeongyeon said unexcitedly before closing her door.

Jeongyeon left her room to go out to eat. She saw Mina sitting on the couch of the living room watching Tv and announced she was leaving.

"Wait." Mina spoke again.

"What is it? I'm going to be late."

"I know you don't want to be in this relationship. After 1 year, let's divorce." Mina uttered.

"What?" 

"By then our families would be on good terms; business wise. We can just say it didn't work out between us." 

Jeongyeon just hummed and closed the door behind her.


Nayeon looked at the person opposite of her. The short-haired girl, was looking good in her suit but it didn't show on the latter's face. Nayeon reached for her hand across the table and gave it a squeeze. 

"Hmm?" Jeongyeon hummed as she snapped back to reality. 

"You were troubled. What's wrong?" Nayeon asked in a gentle but concerned tone.

Jeongyeon shook her head and sighed. Nayeon knew it had something to do with her and Mina's marriage but she can't do anything to help. 

"Nayeon?" Jeongyeon suddenly said.

"Hmm?"

"Can I stay at your place tonight?" Jeongyeon pouted.

"What about Mina? And the press? If they see us together..." Nayeon trailed away and looked down.

"Wait for me. 1 year. Mina and I have agreed that after a year, we will leave eachother." 

Nayeon frowned.

"Jeongyeon no... that's horrible... I don't want to be the reason for the break..." 

"They won't know!" Jeongyeon defended but Nayeon just shook her head. 

"Please... I love you Nayeon..." Jeongyeon pleaded and seeing her puppy eyes, Nayeon couldn't reject her. Her heart ached but she still nodded in agreement.

Jeongyeon did stay with Nayeon that night but the Sec wasn't as good as how they did it. Nayeon could feel Jeongyeon's frustrations and unhappiness with every and stopped her because she knew she herself was also not enjoying it. They just cuddled for the night; their last night together before getting to meet after a year.

Mina's Father and Jeongyeon's wanted her to stop seeing Nayeon. They didn't want the future successor to bear the name of a player. The Japan culture was more strict on loyalty, be it in the company or one's private life.

Jeongyeon arrived home with a sigh and opened the door to see her Wife dosed off on the couch with he TV still on. She shook her head before turning the TV off and cleaning up the mess that she made while cursing. Jeongyeon hated messes but it made her dislike Mina because she was the one making the mess of their home. She went to Mina's assigned room and got a blanket for her before leaving to her own. Not seeing Nayeon doesn't mean no texting her. Jeongyeon had 2 phones; a private one and a work one, which she added Mina's number there. 

Jeongyeon woke up to emptiness. Usually on a morning like this, she would be waking up to a delicious smell coming from the kitchen and she would go out to find Nayeon in the kitchen. But this time, she found herself searching the cupboards for some edible food while Mina was still no where to be seen. Jeongyeon looked at her pathetic both of cereal and milk before forcing herself to dig it. She looked through her emails while stuffing the dry food in but not Long later, she heard the door unlocking. Mina came in with bags of groceries and hauled them into the kitchen.

"Oh... you ate..." Mina said with a little disappointment in her voice. 

"I was planning to cook..." she added.

"Well, sorry. I always wake up at this timing to expect food already prepared. I'm going to prep for work." Jeongyeon said coldly before heading to change.

"Can't you stay a little longer?" Mina said to try to make an opportunity for them both to bond.

"No. Lots to do at the office." Jeongyeon deadpans

Mina sighed and nodded. 

The only times Mina gets to see Jeongyeon were either late at night or when she had an off day. The taller girl would always be seen on her phone, playing games or just talking to Nayeon. Mina came home early from work that day and sat beside Jeongyeon on the opposite end of the couch. But once she sat down, Jeongyeon got up and left for her room. Unabale to take this coldness that has been going on for a month, Mina spoke up.

"Hey." 

Jeongyeon stopped and hummed. 

"Can we talk?" 

"What make it quick."

"Why do you have to treat me like this?" Mina asked with a hint of frustration in her voice.

"We are not married anyway." Jeongyeon replied coldly.

"And that gives you a reason to not treat me like a decent human being?!" Mina huffed.

"I have no mood to argue with you." Jeongyeon slammed the door before Mina could even continue. All she could do now was to sit and cry about her bitter life. 

It wasn't Long before Mina's Brother, Kai, noticed how her little Sister has been acting. During family gatherings, she was quiet. Yes Mina is quiet but it was too unsual. Soon, he hired investigators to track the problem and realised that her and Jeongyeon were not getting along. Taking matters into his own hands, he decided to pay Jeongyeon a visit. 

Jeongyeon cursed as she stormed to the door. The bell has been ringing continuously and vividly remembers Mina taking her keys to work with her. 

"Ya- Kai..."

He definitely intimidated Jeongyeon. He was huge, a Football player for an academy. Jeongyeon would be asking for a death wish if she were to mess with him. 

"S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter