FINAL

Doubt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Laughter. Smiles. Happiness. That’s what he hears as he walks down the streets. Despite having earphones, he is still unable to block out the indistinct laughter of the people around him. The happy faces of couples walking down the streets. That’s all he sees, contradicting to what he is feeling. The strong sense of insecurity. 

His train of thoughts were disrupted as he sees his best friend inside a store, waving at him, giving him the silly grin that strangely comforts him. He is always glad, glad to have him at his side, giving him advice when he is lost. 

“So, why did you want to meet me here at the cafe when we could have talked at the dorm?” Taehyung asked as he looks at Jimin taking a seat in front of him. 

“Umm.. honestly..” Jimin stammers as he is figuring out the right word to say to Taehyung.

“It’s about Chae Eun.. right?” Taehyung asks carefully.

“How do you know?” Jimin asked as he looks at Taehyung.

“I’m your best friend for a reason. Isn’t it? I’m not blind Jimin. Honestly, I’m definitely not the only one that notices the distance you and her have lately. And everyone’s worried.” Taehyung says thoughtfully.

“Well…yeah.. it just came across to me these days… Whenever I meet her, whether it’s a date or not, I just wonder..whether she truly loves me as much as I love her. I started to find myself having doubts all the time.. I don’t find myself relaxing in her presence anymore…like I used to..not even comfortable silence feels as comfortable anymore… like you know..I-“ Jimin starts stammering as the tears started falling uncontrollably.

“Okay, Jimin. I get it. I understand what you’re saying. So relax okay? What makes you to start having such doubts?” Taehyung asks slowly, afraid that Jimin will start crying again.

Jimin wipes the tears from his eyes and took a deep breath.

“It’s just…I realised a lot of things..like you know..our career requires us to not only sing and compose, but even at our saddest or weakest moments, we have to put on a mask. We’re not allowed to really talk about how we feel and not being able to show our true feelings..And it suffocates me..until I met her. Chae Eun. 

But…I slowly realised and started asking myself, does she like me as who I am or…Jimin from BTS? Seeing her enjoying herself when I share with her our stories, what happened on tours… I just can’t help but doubt her.. even doubt myself of who I really am…” Jimin says as he felt a single tear roll down his cheeks.

“Jimin, I’m sure you know what you need to do right now isn’t it? All these feelings you have bottled up, isn’t it better for you to ask her directly. I do not know how strong your relationship is but the best choice? Talk to her. I

I’m sure Eun Chae will be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter