prologue

you again

"So this is it then?"

 

"Yeah, it is. All of this yelling isn’t healthy and our schedules have become so busy we can't find the time to be together anymore."

 

"All right then. 

 

"It's goodbye Ye- I mean Jongwoon."

 

"Okay then Kyuhyun, I wish you the best."

 


 

“I’m what?”

 

“Pregnant.”

 

“No. No, no, that can’t be right.”

 

“Well, we’ve been seeing cases in gay and biual males where they've been getting pregnant a lot more recently. We don’t understand why this has been happening but we can assure you that if you decide to proceed with your pregnancy, it’ll be 100% confidential.”

 

“What do you mean? Wouldn’t my stomach stretch out to accommodate the baby?”

 

“Under normal circumstances it would, but its the opposite in men. You will have to take better care of yourself and eat better, take vitamins and get regular checkups. A man's pregnancy lasts only five months as opposed to pregnancies with women. Again, we don’t understand why that is, but it’s best to talk with your partner about the baby and whether you plan to keep it or not.”

 

He stood silent for a minute, they had agreed on goodbye but this changed that.

 

“We’ll need to do an ultrasound to see how far along you are before you leave so a nurse will be in shortly and move you to a different room.”

 

Yesung nodded silently. He was still wondering how it was possible for a male be pregnant. He had never heard of such cases in the past but based on what the doctor said, it seemed like everything is handled with utmost discretion. There was a knock on the door that pulled Yesung away from his thoughts and heard it was the nurse. He allowed her to come in and then followed her to the ultrasound room. She walked over to a cabinet and pulled out a cloth and some gel.

 

“Please remove your pants and place this cloth around your legs and lay down on the bed. Are you here with anyone today?”

 

Yesung shook his head. He didn’t bother in calling anyone for help cause he didn’t want to inconvenience them in anyway and after having heard the news, he was glad he hadn’t. This was a lot of news to take in, in less than two hours.

 

“Okay, well the doctor will be here shortly and as soon as he’s done checking the baby, and you’ll be able to leave soon.”

 

He just nodded once more. How will he ever explain this to Kyuhyun, much less anyone else?

 


 

Author's note: ello, sorry this is such a short chapter but I promise future chapters will be longer. Thank you to those people who've subscribed and commented already, I appreciate it. I can't believe Kyu will be going in for training so soon. I'm so sad. :( Also, I know Yesung's name is Jonghoon officially now but for my story I'll be using Jongwoon.