Persephone's Kidnapping

The Garden of Persephone - The Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was yet another ordinary day on Earth.

Spring just came in all its abundant pastel colors and green reigned everywhere: around the fields, up on trees, sprinkled by precious gems that were perfumed flowers shyly blossoming in all imaginable shapes.

People were busy tending at their daily tasks all around Ancient Greece villages and never forgot to praise the almighty gods of the Olympus for giving them richness of nature, fertile soils and abundant fruits. Zeus was very magnanimous with all his subjects, for he loved human beings dearly and treated them all with respect as if they were all his direct daughters and sons, which, in a certain sense was true.

However, when it came to harvests and agriculture, fundamental bases of their work and life, one special goddess was whorshipped more than many others.

Demeter had probably inherited the same genes that his brother Zeus did at birth, and for that she showed a peaceful temperament and motherly instincts, thus she was also considered to be the protector of all mothers on Earth. Her covering such an important position for all female beings of the Ancient world couldn't possibly see her not being a mother herself. 

The young Persephone was the most beautiful fruit of love she could ever conceive: smart, kind, compassionate and very good looking, probably second only to his cousin Eros, God of the Loving Arts. 

It was on a sultry and sunny morning that Persephone was born.

On the very first day of Summer, while tending to the golden fields of wheat, Demeter was helped by her maids and the wood nymphs to a successful delivery. The legend said that right under the most ancient, and yet most vigorous and blooming olive tree of Greece, Persephone was born, showing all the signs of a very much healthy baby in his conditions. With the skin as soft as silk, slightly tanned for he was almost immediately kissed by the warm sun above, he showed his mother the most tender smile ever seen before under those raven black locks that gently adorned his little head.

He was called Ryeowook then, because he looked just as much beautiful then as the most brilliant ray of light ever shone in the clear skies.

That was truly yet a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter