one

Heartbreaker

Everyone and their mothers knew how much Yuta adored Sicheng. From the moment he entered the training room, flustered & embarrassed as he let out a shaky introduction in broken Korean. Yuta found it hard to breathe. It could be the way Sicheng's nervous hands reminded Yuta of himself 5 years ago. Helpless & lost, unable to communicate.

Even before SM introduced him, Sicheng's name was passed around in whispered rumours. How the company had recruited a new 'ace' from China who excelled in traditional dance. Now that the rumour was standing right in front of their eyes, it all made sense. Not only was he talented, Sicheng was beautiful. Unfortunately this didn't sit well with the other trainees. It only meant more competition. It was quite pitiful really. As if he were a small fish, surrounded by devouring sharks.

In the endless sea of cold & critical stares, Sicheng was pulled towards a pair of warm & welcoming eyes. The owner of those twinkling eyes smiled at him as Sicheng mirrored the action gratefully.

Then, it started.

 

 

"Hyung, I'm gonna die." Donghyuck rolled onto Yuta's lap & stayed limp for a good 5 minutes. If it were anyone else, they would've put down everything in their hands & complied to the youngest's needs. Unfortunately, not Yuta. "Rest in peace." Yuta returned back to reading his comic book, ignoring the half dead expression on the younger's face. 

"If I were Sicheng hyung, you would've been kneeling at my foot right now." Donghyuck pouted, eyes closing due to 'the pain of blinking all day.'  Though it was partly because he didn't want to see Yuta's expression right now. 

Seemingly unaffected by that claim, Yuta cleared his throat, "Maybe if you didn't add ice cubes in your ing spaghetti the other day, you wouldn't be sick right now."

Usually Donghyuck would've said something prententious, which he did, "It's called fine dining hyung, not that you'd know."

The temptation for Yuta to smack him with his comic book was very high, his hands already reaching for the naruto book laying next to the cushion. He would've nearly made it– if it weren't for Doyoung's voice suddenly interjecting in between, "Yuta, I think not." 

And so Donghyuck jumps away from Yuta & hovers over to Doyoung's lap instead, not forgetting to aggravate Yuta further by sticking his tongue out.

One of these days, Yuta will seriously murder that demon child.

As the other two fell into deep coversation, Yuta didn't pay much attention.

He should know better, than to get affected over Donghyuck's words, he should know by now. Though it still eats him up. Yes he'll admit it, Yuta has a soft spot for Sicheng, but doesn't everybody? Even all the fans coo over him as if he were everything precious & pure in this world, so what makes Yuta any different? 

A pillow bounces off his head & Yuta is suddenly shaken out of his thoughts.

"I know I'm not Sicheng, but I'd appreciate it if you actually listened to me." Doyoung scoffed under Yuta's death stare. 

Yuta lied, "Its' not that you're not Sicheng. You're just boring to listen to."

The silent living room was soon echoed by Donghyuck's loud cackling, showing a proud thumbs up as if to say 'good one hyung'.

Doyoung was clearly unimpressed. "For your information, the fans call me the variety KING. Besides, Sicheng barely talks during interviews yet you're always hovering towards him."

If there was another pillow, Yuta would've shoved it up Doyoung's by now.

Taking a deep breath, he replied "Renjun obviously favours Chenle. Ten is always ing around with Johnny." Yuta paused, "You do realize that your not-so-discreet for Jaehyun is very well known right?" 

Doyoung tried to look stoic, if it weren't for his prominently red cheeks betraying him. 

"So why are you all making such a big deal out of this? I only 'favour' Sicheng because unlike the rest of you, he's still innocent." 

For a brief moment, Doyoung raises his eyebrow in protest, but Yuta misses it. 

It was unsually silent afterwards & Yuta eventually takes this as a sign that he's won this round. For now. Perhaps he could even take this oppurtunity to initiate some kind of victory dance & take a photo to commemorate. Unfortunately his train of thoughts were briefly interrupted by an animated text sound. 

Sicheng ^_^ (1) 

yuuuu hyunggg ! just checked & we have no schedules tomorrow. lets get ice cream cos u owe me ( i want 2 cones) 

Wait when did i owe him- oh. Yuta's mind flashes back to last friday. The boys were home alone and Sicheng had dared Yuta to trick Taeyong into wearing his underwear. At this point, they should've known that Taeyong's cleanliness was practically his super power. It was scary how Taeyong immediately froze, merely glancing at the unsuspecting underwear on his bed. All that was left to do, was run. Truthfully speaking, the scene was certainly a sight to behold. Yuta & Sicheng sprinting madly as Taeyong hobbled behind them, furiously shaking a piece of underwear in the air. 

From the side of the room, Doyoung arched an eyebrow, "I can guess who just texted you." 

A squeal errupted from Donghyuck and the two exchanged knowing glances with each other.

Grabbing his phone, Yuta didn't hesitate to roll his eyes before he shuffled out of the room. Clearly he hadn't won this round.

 


ayyyy first yuwin fic & hopefully not the last.