Final

One Step Closer

It had been 2 months since they started their high school. And it was only about a month that Jimin noticed her. All of his classmates were particularly close to each other regardless gender but there was a girl among them seemed not always talk to guys. And Jimin don't even know why he cared.

For a girl like her who was only hyper between girls and didn't participated much in class, it was hard to notice her until the second weeks of school. The first time Jimin noticed her was when she bowed lightly to him after make an eye contact accidently in a grocery shop in their neighbourhood. Politely return her bow kindly, Jimin just knew about her on the next day when he saw the same girl in his own class. 

"Her name is Kim Ara, if you're curious." Taehyung said all of sudden after he took his seat beside Jimin. Jimin looked at him with an expression 'it's not what you think'. "Whatever Jimin but don't make it obvious when you stare at her."

 

 

"Hye, Ara. Do you know when we have to submit our essay?"

She looked shock while looking confused at first. "I think it is due tomorrow." She answered with a light smile and blinked several times because of her choppy bangs.

"Thanks." Then, Jimin took his own legs to his seat after both of them reached in front of their class.

It was pathetic. Jimin only talked to her once or twice in a week. And it were literally all about school stuff or when he needed some help (like; did you see Taehyung or did you know where to find Mr. Kim). Jimin felt that it was hard to even say hello and good morning to her because he afraid that he might be interrupt her personal space because, she seemed awkward around boys. But still, he really wanted to be friend with her like how she befriend with the girls. He don't even know why.

Maybe, it was all started by watching her in the class and school. Jimin noticed that she smiled fully with whoever she talked to but not with the boys. Well, the boys in the class didn't seem care about it as long as she didn't make a fuss with them but Jimin care. He was curious about her like-what is the thing that make her smile cause Jimin obviously couldn't hear from his seat what the girls talked about.

"Boys probably" Taehyung ate his snacks lazily as the teacher was absent for their art class. 

"It didn't seem like it." Jimin said as he glanced to Ara and the other girls that were talking at the back of the class. Thanks to Taehyung for exchanging his seat with Jimin's, it was easier for Jimin to steal a glance while talking to Taehyung. Now, Ara was visible in his vision whenever he turned to look at Taehyung that sat beside him.

"Then ask her. Gosh Jimin you really have fallen hard."

Is he?

 

 

"Say hello to her"

"It was hard, hyung." Jimin whined while his ice-cream and watched his other friends at the field.

"He lied. He always find an excuse just to talk to her." Taehyung didn't help, though. After the older one gave a look of 'an excuse?' and 'mind to explain more?', Taehyung continued. "You know, like school stuff and homeworks. Jimin was really looking any question that he can ask to her. But he didn't ask her in the class or when she with the other girls because he's afraid that his motive would be obvious." Taehyung got a hit by Jimin after the former laughed. "Hey, it's cute isn't Jin hyung?"

Jin looked at Jimin while the boy quarrel with his friend. "You really have fallen too deep"

"No hyung, please don't say it like that. It sounds super weird." Jimin too shy to look at anyone buried his face in his knees.

"No, you just wanna be friend with her, right? Just say hello." Jin continued after he got Jimin's attention while Taehyung started to run to join the others in football game. "I don't think asking some school-related stuff to her will help you. She might be or might be not thinking that you only see her just a classmates. Not more than that."

"Oh, no hyung. I don't want she misunderstood about that. I just wanna talk to her. But sometimes that school-related stuff doesn't feel enough for me."

"Then, say hi. Show to her that you wanna be friend with in lifetime. You know her?" Jimin nodded. "Does she know that you exist?" 

"What? Maybe, yes" 

"Then, you just need one step closer. Just say hi to her, lover boy. I dont think she mind about some boy saying hi to her."

Jin hyung was probably right. Wasn't he?

 

 

While waiting as usual at the main gate just to take the same pace with the girl, he collected all the courages around the world. Ok, that was probably weird to say that. After Jimin saw the girl took her legs towards the school, he was too excited that he screamed her name from the main gate. That wasn't a good start.

Thankfully the girl stopped and turned around looking for the caller until she saw Jimin ran to her. Her brows shifted upward, curious to the reasons the boy called her name.

This is it, if this day was like the other days, Jimin probably asked about homeworks that should be submit to Mrs. Park. But today was different. Today is the day he took a step closer to her. Okay, that was a total cheesy. Today is the day that he would do anything to show to her that he wanna be friend with her. In a lifetime of course. This is it.

"Hello, Ara"