Hopeful like a fool

Silent wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu is a quiet person.

The fans knew the members knew. She found it benefitting if it means nobody would meddle in her affairs. She is relieved, in fact.
She would stare at Nayeon who would occasionally seek the 2nd eldest member without herself noticing, and Tzuyu found entertainment by just watching them. When the two "married couple" had become too sappy for her eyes, she would avert her eyes to stare at the black swan instead.

The black swan of twice is similar to Tzuyu. They both likes to keep everything in the privacy of their thoughts, and they won't have it any other way. Mina would sometimes stare at nothing mostly, but she always ended up giving their main dancer shy glances. Tzuyu kept this information like a precious gem hidden inside the treasure chest of her mind - since this is something only she and a few fans found.

Although Mina was unnoticed by most, Momo was clear as day. Her admiration and adoration towards the unknowing black swan. It's frustrating. To watch them have goo-goo eyes for each other, but too oblivious to even notice.

There are some things Tzuyu found endearing and loved to watch in her silence. But there are also things she hated to watch in silence, yet she was powerless to do anything since Tzuyu will always - and always be watching in her silence.

She noticed how Sana had this sparkles in her eyes when she danced - Tzuyu almost trip on her dance steps when she discovered this. The way her doe-like eyes almost seem to shine like the Galaxy and her smile just seem to affect her lips to tug upwards.

She noticed how Sana took care of everyone with her ways. When she gives comforting words to the crying Mina, who apologizes profusely for letting them down in ISAC - when Momo could only pat her head while Sana kept Mina at bay as the other members huddle around her. How she made a healthy diet menu for the depressed leader when the burden and expectations were too much for her to handle. How she took care of Momo when she caught a cold and having to nurse a terrible sore throat, going back and forth to the convenience store when the other members are pushing their limits for schedules paired with the lack of sleep and no breakfast.

Sana is one of the pillars of Twice, and she was there for the other to lean on when they felt like crumbling to pieces. Day by day, Tzuyu found it harder to lean on Sana. She couldn't even make a conversation with her.

Tzuyu also noticed, how Sana slowly drifted away from her. Tzuyu would never speak about it, but she could see just so easily, how Sana seemed to stick to Dahyun more than to her before. They do V live broadcast together, always appeared to be glued by hips. Dahyun won't do her homework with the younger ones anymore. Instead, she would seek for Sana, although they always ended up looking for Mina's help instead.

She also noticed how Sana seemed more happy to meet Eunha of GFriend more than Tzuyu, her group mate. Tzuyu would watch silently as they banter animatedly about anything that came to mind. Tzuyu would also watch, how the leader of GFriend would have a sad look in her eyes, like a lost puppy waiting for her master to turn their attention to her and recognize her presence.
She found comfort in it. She realized she wasn't alone in this after all. Tzuyu met the leader's gaze, and surprisingly she gave Tzuyu a knowing smile.

They were awkward at first but somehow managed to converse normally - albeit a bit stiffer since Tzuyu felt like she has to keep polite for the age difference. Although the leader sensed how awkward the conversation was, she kept her smile and instead she tried harder to lighten up the seemingly depressed maknae of Twice.

The leader, Sowon, was just like she expected, they were in the same boat. The both of them are pining for someone who seemingly has no interest in them. Sowon was the first one to laugh bitterly, "it just hurts more when you acknowledge it yourself, isn't it?"
Tzuyu would nod stiffly while biting her lips to keep herself grounded. She's afraid she might she break down the dam holding her feelings. Sowon wasn't hesitating, she silently let her tears fall, and Tzuyu watched pitifully as if she wasn't having an internal battle herself.

"It's...Okay, unnie." Tzuyu didn't even know what is "okay" with their situation. She felt the need to say it. It was unnecessary in the very first place. Sowon tried her very best to stop the tears, so she could at least won't look so pitiable in the young girl's eyes. "Sorry for making you see that. I must have scared you, for crying so suddenly." The leader laughed to herself in hope to lighten the mood and wiped the last tear with a tissue. Tzuyu felt sad and broken to see the always smiling leader being so bitter. The leader is a soft and loving person, and Tzuyu personally thinks she could get Eunha's attention if she just wanted to, yet she also understands why the leader found it hard to muster the courage. Eunha is just so similar to Sana. And that is: how unpredictable they are.

One day they are clingy, and the next day they'll be avoiding any contact.

"Thank you, for accompanying me, Tzuyu." The leader finally shook off the negativity off her as if she never cried in front of the maknae. Tzuyu only nodded with her eyes downcast. The burden of unrequited love was heaving down her shoulder, yet it didn't even faze the leader. Maybe crying does relieve stress.

"We're kinda similar, aren't we?" Tzuyu finally lifted her head and stared at the older girl in confusion. Aside from being the tallest in their groups, what is the similarity between them?
"We both likes to suffer in silence."
--------

After their heart to heart conversation, they exchanged numbers to acquaint themselves m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter