Catch Me If You Can

Catch Me If You Can

"Hyung!" Dino run towards the machine where Seokmin is standing. "Hyung we need to go home now before it gets dark." But Seokmin is concentrated on catching a Naruto plushie.

"Seriously? Hyung, you're too old for that!!" Dino whines while tugging the lace of his hyung's bag. 

"Dino, you're never too old for Naruto. Did I complain on your Michael Jackson's obssession? You still stan him even tho his already dead." the older mocks.

"Yah! Don't you dare talk about MJ like that!!" Dino was taken aback and slaps his brothers arms. But Seokmin slaps him back, much harder, when the machine claw gets the head of the plushie. Seokmin gets really excited. "Waaaaa. Please. Please. Pleaaasee.."

The claw moves slowly with the plushie up and slowly to the side. Seokmin crosses his fingers and holds his breath. But seconds later, the plushie slides down from the claw even before it reaches the drop exit. Dino laughs his lung out and teases his hyung. He put his tongue out and laugh really hard while looking at Seokmin's pissed expression.

"Aish!" Seokmin slams the machine in frustration. Suddenly, a boy wearing an employee uniform of the arcade went on their side with a concerned look.

"Sir, I understand that you are disappointed. But please don't slam the machine." he told Seokmin in a very gentle voice. The employee was supposed to be really mad on Seokmin's childish act. But he's surpringsingly really calm and gentle and shy?

Seokmin, on the other hand, slightly panics and bends his body a perfect angle to apologize. "I'm so sorry. I am really sorry." And on his side, Dino is doing the same thing.

Embarrassed, Dino pulls his hyung to take him outside while still stating their apologies. "Sir, I am really sorry. My hyung is 20 but he acts like 12 years old. I apologize. We're going home. Sorry again." He keeps on pulling Seokmin but the older protests.

"Hey, can I have one more time. Just last one. Dino-yah!" he pouts. 

"Hyung, let's go!" Dino smiles sheepishly and forcely pulls Seokmin away from the machine while whining like a baby.

Aish. Having a hyung is a burden, he thought.

The next day, Dino and Seokmin went again to the arcade after their class. Dino is playing a basketball and Seokmin, as he always did, is on the catching machine.

Seokmin's lips almost bleeds as he bite on it while waiting for the plushie to be dropped. He's been doing it for who knows how many yet he still can't get one.

Dino is done playing and he went to his hyung. "Hyung, why do you have lots of money? Do you have a bank on your bag? Pocket? Why didn't you tell me? Hyung give me soooome!!" he pouts while gently tapping his hyung's arms. Well, he do this on purpose to distract the older.

"Yah!" Seokmin yells again in annoyance when he failed. He pouts and look down at Dino. "I don't have bank, Dino. I just save money so I can get even just one Naruto plushie." he frowns.

"You save money for that? Hyung, why not just buy in a store instead of taking a risk to catch one in this machine. That's more practical." 

"Dino, you don't understand. I can't find these--"

"Yes, hyung. I will never understand." Dino nods his head to end the argument.

"I'll just do it one last time for today." Seokmin said excitedly like a child. And Dino nods again. "Go ahead, hyung."

Dino watches the claw moves but his eyes diverted to the man behind the other machine across them. He is watching the two brothers. Dino narrows his eyes, trying to name the guy. He looks familiar to him. Dino looks at the machine again until he realizes who the guy is. 

"Ah." He lifts his index finger up when he remembers him. "Hyung, let's go? I think your already getting on the nerves of the employee here. He's watching you."

"Huh? Where?" Seokmin moves his head searching for the employee but Dino immediately blocks the way where the boy is standing. "Hyung. Let's go home." 

Seokmin sighs and pressed his to hands on the machine while frowning to Naruto. "Alright. See you tomorrow, buddy. Bye."

Seokmin holds Dino's hand when they head home. But before they left the arcade, Dino glances again to the guy who's still watching them go away.

Creepy.


One week later..


"O.M.G!!" Seokmin cried dramatically. He was really surprised when he opened his school locker that morning. He was greeted by his most favorite thing in this world. The love of his life..

Naruto.

"N-no w-way." He slowly reach it with his trembling hand. Seokmin stares at the soft plushie with so much awe and loving. He can't believe his eyes. Who put this on his locker?

After some minute of watching the plushie with so much admiration, Seokmin was hit by realization. The students around the hallway flinch when he slams his locker. Seokmin sprints all the way to cafeteria to thank someone he thinks gave him this.

 


"O-oh daebak!" Dino's eyes and lips opens wide in awe. Seungkwan, Rocky and Sanha follow his gaze and the three are also impressed by what they saw.

"Wow!" Seungkwan said. 

"Who's that? I've never seen someone with a purple hair in this school before." Dino asks.

"I don't remember a rule either that allows dyed hair in our school." Sanha commented. The two exchange looks while Seungkwan is still looking at the guy afar.

"He's Vernon's brother." Rocky confirmed. 

"V-venom? Venom who?" Sanha asks.

"Yah! It's Vernon!" Seungkwan yells out that startled the three.

"Yah! Why are you shouting?!" Sanha yells back.

"Cause you are deaf!" Seungkwan stands up raising a brow to Sanha and Sanha mirrors him.

Dino slams his hands on the table to stop the two. "Both of you, can you not? Don't make a scene here in cafeteria."

"Sit down guys. Seungkwan you're over reacting again. What's wrong with you? You like Vernon, don't you?" Rocky gives Seungkwan a suspicious look.

Seungkwan scoffs and rolls his eyes as he takes his seat. "Of course not! Are you kidding me? I'm not gay!" He said bitterly.

Sanha just laughs it off. Seungkwan is being too sassy again. Meanwhile, Dino glances again on the guy with purple hair far away from their seat. "What's his name? He looks familiar." he asks without looking back at his friends.

"That's because because he work on the arcade at the mall near our school. You are always there with Seokmin hyung, right? Perhaps, he dyed his hair just recently cause the last time I saw him, his hair is not like that." Rocky stated. Dino nods slowly his head in realization. 

Rocky continues, "He probably went here because of Vernon. As what I heard, his name is Jisoo. But some call him Joshua. I don't know why they have English names tho."

"Because they're half Americans." Seungkwan said that earns him suspicious look again. "Yah! Vernon is my classmate in Biology!" he cried again in annoyance.

The three laugh at their table. Suddenly Dino heard someone shouting his name. "Dino-yaaaaah!"

Dino's brows furrowed when he saw his brother running towards their direction. He gets on his feet and waited for his brother to reach their table. "Hyung, what's wrong?"

Seokmin beams and shows Dino the Naruto plushie on his hand. "Did you get this for me?" he asks.

Dino was dumbfounded. He loves his brother but he doesn't get him anything he likes. As in never. First, he don't have enough money yet. Second, he wants his hyung to feel the satisfaction of getting what he really wants by his own. So, that's definitely not him.

"H-hyung--"

Seokmin runs on his side. "You are the only one who knows the code on my locker, Dino-yah." he smiles with a little tears on the side of his eyes. "Thank you so much!" he lock his arms around his dongsaeng to express his gratitude.

Dino is speechless. He doesn't really have an idea about this. He chuckles awkwardly and hugs his hyung back. Until his eyes caught the purple haired guy watching them. His mouth opens but he makes sure that no sound escapes. The purple haired guy, or Joshua as Rocky told them, saw Dino looking at him so he immediately look away and runs outside the cafeteria.

Dino nervously let go of his hyung and smiles on him. "Y-yes hyung. I-it's me. S-surprise!" He lied. He lift his arms up in the air and smiles sheepishly. Seokmin starts sobbing and hugs his baby brother again.

"Thank you, Dino. I love you so much." Seokmin tightens his embrace and cries on his brother's shoulder.

Dino chuckles and gently rubs his hyungs back, "I love you, too, hyuuuung". He rocks Seokmin from side to side while still staring at the door where Joshua left.

I think he loves you too, hyung.