The Truth

Name Tag

Arthit kept reading Kongpob’s diary during his first year. Not bothered by Kongpob who sat in front of him, Arthit flipped page by page, sometimes he read the story out loud and earned playful hit from Kong.

“Something strange happened this morning. When i opened my locker, i found new name tag inside. Who gave me this new name tag?” Arthit read out loud, again.

Arthit already expected another hit from Kong after he read the story. But, out of expectation, he received a question instead from the younger.

“P’Arthit, do you know who gave me that new name tag?” Kong asked, his face showed his curiosity.

“Hah?” Arthit was shocked by the question. It was not a question he anticipated.

“Don’t you know who gave me the name tag? You know, that time when i gave my name tag to May as you ripped hers, i still joint the gathering the next day with new name tag. Were you not...”

Kongpob was not able to finish his explanation as Arthit cut him. “You really don’t know who gave that new name tag?”

Kongpob stared at his lover for a while before blinking his eyes several times and shook his head. “No,” Kongpob said slowly.

*&*

Arthit saw Bright gave him signal to see what happened behind as they were ready to leave the gathering hall. When he turned his head, he saw Kongpob crouched down in front his fellow, May.

“I’m sorry. What is your name?” Arthit heard Kongpob asking.

“May,” the girl answered.

Kongpob then took off his name tag and handed it to May. “Here, take this.”

Arthit widened his eyes seeing what the rebelious freshman did. “Kongpob, What are you doing?”

“I’m giving my name tag to her.”

“What for? Who told you to do this?”

Arthit saw how Kongpob took a deep breath before answering. “No one. But i couldn’t remember her name. It’s my fault. I have to be responsible.”

The answered hit Arthit hard. He always knew Kongpob cared about his friends much, but not to this extend. And when the younger said he knew he was breaking the rules, his rules, Arthit felt like he was losing his mind.

*

The Hazer members was stratled when Arthit banged the door open. The leader looked furious. No one dared to talk. They knew Arthit was mad because of the previous event. The freshmen, especially Kongpob kept giving him hard time, kept challenging him.

“Knot!!” shouted Arthit. “Why didn’t you stop me when i kept asking Kongpob his friends’ name? Why didn’t you stop me from tearing May’s name tag?”

Knot was surprised with the sudden question. “Why? I thought, you were not over board. You just asked him his friends’ name, tore that name tag. It was much more acceptable than you grabbed his collar when he said he would make you his wife.”

Arthit glared at his friend hearing the answer. “You..”

“Calm down, man. Calm down,” came Bright’s voice. Bright lead Arthit to sit on his sit. “Calm down. Why are you this furious? It’s only name tag.”

“Only? It is not only name tag, Bright!! You know he won’t have name tag for the rest of this event and it is not okay. He can’t wander around campuss without that name tag. He can’t attend the gathering without name tag!” Arthit panted.

“Isn’t that good?” Bright asked innocently. “If that 0062 kid can’t attend the gathering, you don’t have to be angry and frustated everyday because of him. It’s good, right?”

Bright’s sentences slapped Arthit. He realized Bright was right. Why was he this angry? He should be glad to have valid reason to kick Kongpob from gathering event for freshmen and not have to deal with his rebellion.

“Or... are you angry because you can’t see him if he doesn’t attend gathering? You don’t have reason to meet him, to scold him, to get his attention?”

This time, Arthit opened his mouth to answer Bright’s accusation. But, he couldn’t find any word to fight back. “Is Bright right?” Arthit asked himself.

“Watch your words, Bright. I am this angry not because of that reason. I am angry because he thinks he can break my rules as he wants. Didn’t you hear he said he knows well that he is breaking this year’s and my rules?”

Bright didn’t answer. No one answered him. They all heard the dispute between Arthit and Kongpob before. So, what?

“If i let it pass, he will not attend the rest of the gathering because he has valid reason to not to. It is not right. This is not our goal. Our goal is to make as many as possible freshmen attend the gathering, know each other, and understand our SOTUS system. Beside, if he can’t attend this event, his friends will follow his path, challenging me so that i will punish them and ban them from attending this gathering. IT IS NOT RIGHT!”

Arthit shouted his last sentence. He realized he has explained the right reason why he was angry to his friend. But, he also knew that time that he was lying to himself and his friend about the true reason. He just didn’t want to admit it.

“So, what are you gonna do, Arthit?” Knot inquired.

Before Arthit could answer, Bright opened his mouth. “Isn’t it obvious? We just have to give him new name tag.”

Arthit looked at Bright in disbelieve. He knew his friend sometimes was incredibly stupid and threw random idea. But, this time... Arthit felt like he couldn’t handle Bright anymore.

“Bright,” Arthit called his friend slowly. He rubbed his temple. “I am sure you heard me when i said Kongpob can’t have new name tag, i won’t give him the new one. And just now you said we can just give him new name tag? Are you saying i should eat my own words in front of that boy?”

“No,” Bright replied simply. “You can’t eat your words, Arthit. Anyway, what i am saying is we can give him new name tag without him knowing it is from us? How? Just leave the new name tag in his locker or ask the second year student to give it to him. Simple, right?”

After hearing his explanation, everyone was like receiving a light in their life. “You guys are all stupid. I don’t know why i befriend with stupid like you all.” With that, Bright left the Hazer room and went to God-knows-where.

*

Later that night before going home, Arthit got a name tag from Yatch’s table and went to the locker room. He looked for locker number 0062. Arthit stood still in front of the locker. He knew he was being irrational when it came to Kongpob. After taking a deep breath, Arthit slipped the name tag inside the locker and made sure it was not slipping out again.

With smile plastered on his face, Arthit left school and walked to his dorm.

*

The next morning Arthit was a bit anxious when he saw Kongpob was not with his group of friends. Did Kongpob not get his new name tag? Did he not check his locker? Many questions fooded Arthit’s mind regarded Kongpob’s absent.

When he decided to give up and asked the students about Kongpob’s absent and his whereabout, someone walked in to the gathering hall. Arthit hardly hid his smile when he saw the well-known freshman walking towards him.

“Kongpob, student ID 0062. May i  have permission to speak? I am sorry i am almost late to ...”

“Shut up and go to your place in line,” Arthit tried his best to produce firm tone in his voice while hiding his excitement seeing Kongpob.

*&*

“Are you saying you gave me the name tag? You are the one?” Kongpob couldn’t believe Arthit’s story.

Arthit laughed out loud seeing Kongpob’s expression. His-already-wide eyes became wider like his eyeballs would pop out from its socket. “Who did you think give you that new name tag if it wasnt me?”

“P’Yacht?” Kongpob answered uncertain.

The older between the two laughed louder. Arthit couldn’t believe his own ears. All of this years, he always thought that Kongopo didn’t question the new name tag he received because he already knew it would be from him. But, turned out he was wrong.

“Kong, Yacht wouldn’t dare to give you new name tag without my permission. He didn’t even come to me to ask for my permission or ask if i would let him give you new name tag. It was me who slipped the new name tag in to your locker,” Arthit said while wipping the tears of happiness on his eyes.

Kongpob couldn’t believe his stupidity. Of course it would be the head of Hazer who gave him new name tag. “Why?” he couldn’t help but asked Arthit for his true reason.

“Why?”Arthit scratched the back of his neck before answering. “Well.. Of course because.. I.. I...” Arthit found it was hard to explain the already-obvious-reason to his lover.

“Because you couldn’t was stan a day without seeing me, right?” Kongpob whisper.

Before Arthit even have chance to retort, he felt a pair of soft lips press his. He, instantly, gave up and led Kongpob led their kiss. Arthit opened his mouth when he felt Kong’s tounge poke his lips.

“You left that new name tag because you wanted to see me everyday, right? Even from that very day you already were in love with me,” Kongpob said in between their kiss.

“Who said? I didn’t say anything,” Arthit replied before his next words were muffled by Kong’s lips.

“Me,” Kongpob answered before kissing his boyfriend passionately and laid him on his bed.

*&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&**&*

 

It is my first time writing fanfic about Sotus and Arthit/Kongpob. I am sorry if i ruin their characters. I will try harder to create a better fanfic of Arthit/Kongpob in the next project.