Fateful Encounters?

LOVE...? Priceless

 

 

Chapter One

Fateful Encounters?

 

 

The sound of bell chimed from time to time, indicating shuffling of customers into and out of the cafe. At the end of the cafe, near the window which was quite isolated from other tables, there sat a man, probably in his middle twenties, sipping on his hot chocolate topped with couple of fluffy white marshmallows.

 

He continued sipping on his beverages while admiring the scene outside. Autumn leaves falling gracefully, covering the roadside making the whole scenery engulfed in warmth yellow. It was quite romantic to say the least.

 

The lone man placed his mug on the table and flipped open his tattered notebook instead. He picked up the pen next to the notebook and started to scribble on the pages.

 

 

 

October 21, 2016. Autumn.

Love. I had yet to know what it feels like to be in one despite living my life in this world for 25 years. There’s no one to blame except for myself for being a hermit for most of my years, trapping myself in the confine of my room.

But when suddenly getting involved in an arranged marriage, thanks to that nosy mother of mine, then I kept questioning myself; will I be able to find the true meaning of it?

 

Kim Himchan

 

 

 

He sighed and put away his notebook. He shifted his glance to the window, seeing the yellow leaves falling as the wind rustling through. Tomorrow will be the day where he would meet his so-called fiancé for the first time.

 

'I wonder what he looks like. Did he even agree to this? Will he even like me? Love…?' His shoulder slumped as he thought about the few last words.

 

Love...

 

Ever since childhood, he dreamed of a perfect life, with loving partner, kids and a good stable job. A partner that is willing to spend the rest of her/his life loving him to the core, through sweet bitter moments in life and consistently trying to complement each other.

 

He snapped out of his thought as he felt presence of two figures oppose to him.

 

"Penny on your thoughts?” asked a rather shorter but muscular boy.

 

"Yeah, what's with this entire gloomy aura surrounding you? If my business flop today I'm sure gonna blame it 100% on you. It won't be a surprise if the customers run away with these nasty auras wafting here and there." another male, who also happened to be the owner of this cafe, sassed. Himchan narrowed his eyes on the petite guy in front of him. He wondered how the guy managed to keep his innocent puppy looks with that sassy personality of his. I mean, come on. Whoever see this Imma-gay-with-a-bit-of-sass-and-kinda-y guy here will thought that he is some kind of angel.

 

"Hey guys, I got something to tell you. But, pleaaaaaaase hear me out first and DON'T, I repeat, DON'T overreact," Himchan gave pleading look to the two.

 

"Well, depends" the shorter male shrugged.

 

"Jonguppie~~~" Himchan whined.

 

"Uhuh, I’m second to Uppie. Tell first then I’ll react." the sassy male interjected.

 

"Youngjae-ah~ don't be like that. This is an important matter and I hope you guys would support me." again, Himchan whined.

 

"Wait, what the heck you have done hyung?! Oh my god! Don't tell me you got some random girl pregnant a-and yo-you want her to abort the child! Oh god! Hyung! The child is innocent! I can't believe you would actually do that!" Jongup started to shout and flailing his arms in all directions.

 

Himchan started to panic as Jongup started rambling s. Well, who wouldn't be when an idiot friend of yours sputtered out some s about you that you don't even know of and almost all heads in the cafe started turning to them.

 

So much for attention.

 

Before Himchan could clear things out, another shrieking voice emanated through the cafe.

 

"YOU WHAT?! Abortion?! Hyung, are you some heartless crazy monster?! How could you do that to an innocent soul?! To your own blood on top of that!" Youngjae shrieked, he huffed and puffed. Soon, there were two pairs of arms flailing around and thrash talking of God knows what.

 

Oh look! Dumb and dumber on the roll.

 

“Guys! I didn’t get any girl pregnant let alone asking someone to abort any innocent child! Gosh! Just what the heck inside that little brains of yours?!” Himchan snapped. Two pairs of eyes landed on him, both have confused looks on their face; arms stopped flailing and paused midair. No sounds emitted. If only someone could insert some cricket sound around here...

 

Krik krik krikk . . . . .

 

Why, thank you~

 

“So, if that’s not it, what is it that you’re going to say?” the dumb cheetos asked while tilting his head to one side.

 

The sassy prince also tilted his head, confusion was written all over his face.

 

“Well, the thing is...umm… how I should say this… umm…ok, I’m getting married. Yeah.” Himchan finally said after stumbling on words.

 

“WHAT?!! You what??!! For the love of cheesecake why didn’t you say so earlier?! Oh emm geee!” Jongup shouted and squealed at the same time, if that even possible.

 

Again, the whole café turned to them.

 

‘Just what happened to my serene, calm moment again?’ Himchan sighed at the thought.

 

"Well, if you guys just DIDN'T overreact and hear me out first I bet you'll get the whole story correctly without all these people in this cafe tagging me as some -bastard-also-heartless-babies-murderer," replied Himchan, note the intense sarcasm.

 

On the other hand, Youngjae just sat there, quiet. Ohho, that's new!

 

"So, who is this guy/girl that you're marrying?" Youngjae spoke, after several minutes of idling.

 

"His name is Yongguk...wait, is that right? Whatever, I guess it is. Anyway, he's the son of my mom's bestest friend (is that even a word?). I think my mom said something about him being the heir of Bang Corp or something.” Himchan explained. He was unsure himself whether he had given the right information to the two.

 

At that, Youngjae's eyes dilated almost as wide as the owl plushie Himchan owned at home.

 

"Dude! You're marrying that super duper filthy rich guy?! The young faced-but-drop-dead-gorgeous CEO of Bang Corp?! OMG, hyung...you're one damn lucky bastard," Youngjae stated, more like cursing+praising+drooling about that young CEO.

 

"Gosh, JaeJae! We're gonna be friend with super rich guy's wife soon! Kyaaaa!" both dumb dumb squealed like some teenage fangirls.

 

"Hey! Why am I the wife??" Himchan protested.

 

"Hyung, you're definitely a bottom. End of discussion." That sassy prince stated monotonously. The dumb cheetos beside him nodded in agreement. Himchan pouted.

 

'Why the hell did I bother to be friends with these two idiots?’

 

 

 

Shuffling sounds of papers could be heard throughout the 30-storey building. Office workers walked in all directions, heading to each of their own destinations trying to complete the tasks given. Random scenes can be seen throughout the floors. At the reception desk, a receptionist could be seen with huge fake smile, eye twitching from trying to suppress anger when dealing with some of a client. On another floor, an office guy, a haggard looking one with his sleeves folded until reached the elbows, was running his hands through his hair. Well, more like trying to pull out his hair out of frustration while cursing in front of a printer in which emitting some funny noises as if it shredding some important papers into confetti... yup, that might be the case.

 

On the 16th floor, a rather tall man with short, neat-looking brunette hair was seen heading towards a room at the end of the floor. The door had 'CEO' plate written on it. He knocked on the door twice before a voice can be heard from the inside, permitting him to come in. Inside the room, a drop dead gorgeous black-haired man can be seen sitting on a burgundy leather chair, checking on papers in front of him. On his desk, there was a plaque with words written on it, read as 'Yongguk Bang, CEO'.

 

"Hey, wanna go lunch together?" the brunette asked. The said man glanced at his wristwatch before looking up from his papers, making eye contact with the former.

 

"Sure," Yongguk replied.

 

Yongguk put away all the papers, grabbing his coat and followed the brunette out. The two chatted while the brunette drove them to their desired destination, silence sometimes slipping in between them.

 

"So, what's this I heard about?" the brunette started.

 

"About what?" Yongguk questioned back, a bit confused hearing the younger’s question.

 

"Dude, stop playing dumb. You know what I'm talking about." the brunette pushed.

 

"Seriously Daehyun, what the hell are you talking about? What am I missing here?" Yongguk said, getting impatient of the brunette confusing act.

 

Daehyun rolled his eyes. He couldn’t understand just how on earth this slow poke getting his position as a CEO with that slow brain of his.

 

"Seriously, what on earth is in that brain of yours? (Hey! Offended here! ---->Yongguk's brain) I'm talking about your wedding to your mom's best friend's son! Did you meet him yet? Is he hot? Cute?" Daehyun shot bullets of questions (and insults) to the older. His eyes twinkled in excitement.

 

'Oh , I totally forgot about that guy. Wait, how the heck this idiot knew about this?' Yongguk thought.

 

"Your mom told me last evening when I accompanied her shopping yesterday. And I'm not a idiot, you buttwipe!" Daehyun said, as if he was reading the older’s mind.

 

'Okay, now he's some idiot-psychic reading on what's in my head. Impressive.' Yongguk mentally applauded.

 

"As much as I wanted to be one, but sorry to disappoint you, I'm not a psychic. AND I'M NOT AN IDIOT! Aishh... forget about it. Now do tell me how does he look like?" Daehyun asked again.

 

 Persistent, aren't we?

 

Yongguk sighed for the umpteenth time while his hand travelled into his pocket, trying to find something. Once found, he pulled the thing, specifically, a picture and shoved it in front of the younger's face, who was in fact, still driving at the moment.

 

Okay, that's dangerous kids. Don’t ever do that.

 

"WHAT THE HELL?! I'm driving here you nut head! Are you going to get us killed?!" Daehyun yelled on top of his lung. He then grabbed the picture that was shoved onto his face seconds ago, with a frown decorating his face. Daehyun took a glimpse on the picture.

 

In the picture, there was a cute brunette male staring at something with his lips parted a bit as if he was trying to speak, but that didn’t lessen the adorable look on his face. The picture was clearly had been taken secretly.

 

“My mom took his picture secretly at the airport when that boy boarding to Japan. Work stuffs I guess.” Yongguk shrugged.

 

“Wow, your mom got some Sherlock in her huh? Wait, that’s not the point. Dude, you’ve got some fine daaaaaaamn cutie here! OMG! I wish I was your mom’s son! Oh, wait…that would make you my hyung. The y me and face, nu-uh, no go” Daehyun started rambling while shook his head in disagreement with himself.

 

Yongguk rolled his eyes as he snatched the picture back.

 

“Dude, believe me when I say that guy is totally fake. His face screamed plastic surgery all over. Anyway, we’re in Korea, where you can even become Chris Hemsworth or s like that.” Yongguk stated as he scrutinized the male in the picture, a bit skeptical to know there’s a guy would actually look kinda pretty like this…..naw alright, a lot pretty actually.

 

“Hey hey, what’s with the negative perception here? Come on, I don’t think the guy has gotten anything fixed or anything. It took a beauty to know another beauty. And I’m totally one of them! Oh, here we are!” Daehyun countered a bit full of himself.

 

Yongguk rolled his eyes for the nth times that day. The younger pulled his car in front of a café and parked the car expertly. Both of them got off the car and walked towards the café. The café entrance was decorated with some baby’s breath and heliotropes, planted in small pots, making them look adorable. The plaque on the door read as ‘Shining Star Café’. Daehyun almost snorted the first time he heard it but the owner is a cutie so he could live with that. The bell chimed as they entered the café.

 

 

Both of the gentlemen settled down in a corner of the cafe. A tall, handsome young waiter moved to their spot to take their orders. There was a nametag spelled ‘Zelo’ attached on his left-chest pocket of his white dress shirt.

 

“Here’re the menus. I’ll be right back whenever you’re ready to place your order.” The waiter said almost robotically, completed with his blank/stoic face.

 

After placing the menus, the waiter moved to the counter, where an assassin-looking cashier was at. His eyes were piercing and rimmed with prominent dark circles, looking almost like a panda, only that pandas are cute-fluffy-adorable creatures, not this one, waaaaay far from cute and fluffy.

 

“Man, I swear if look could kill, we’ll be 6 feet under right now. R.I.P.” Daehyun whispered faintly, only to be caught by Yongguk. The latter could only nod in agreement. Just why the heck the owner employed some robot and serial killer to do jobs in a freaking cafe?

 

After several minutes of contemplating of what to have to fill their empty stomachs, both decided to have some steaks and juices, with a cup of coffee for take away.

 

“Okay, two plates of steak, one orange juice and one pineapple juice. Two large coffees for take way; one with two shots of espresso. Anything else?” the robot boy asked.

 

“Umm…  No, that’s it.” Daehyun grinned at the waiter.

 

“Okay. Your orders will be served in 15 minutes.” The waiter said. He then turned and waltzed towards the kitchen.

 

Yongguk didn’t even get to open his mouth when a few milliseconds later they heard some gasping, choking noises from a table not far from them, only that the table was quite isolated from the rest. Then they saw two males, arms flailing as if panicking about something, while sputtering some incoherent words. The only words that caught by Yongguk ears were ‘abortion’, ‘pregnant’ and ‘innocent soul’. Another man, who was sitting opposite of the two flailing, shouting boys, could be seen getting flustered from the attention they’ve got.

 

‘Tsk... kids these days,’ Yongguk sighed.

 

“Heh, I guess they’re at it again huh?” the waiter snorted.

 

Both Yongguk and Daehyun turned their heads towards the source of sound. Oh, there’s the robot again.

 

The waiter was occupied with two plates of steaks on each hand. A mischievous smirk painted the boy’s face. Okay, that’s new. Besides him was the killer-panda guy, carrying a tray with two glasses of drinks, smirking at the scene unfold in his view.

 

“Guess we’ll be needing popcorns for this. It’s not an everyday thing we’ve got drama unfold in front of us. Well, especially in this boring cafe.” The panda said excitedly, having forgotten about the two customers in front of him.

 

The two boys placed the foods and drinks on the table. Then they return back to the cashier spot after saying ‘Enjoy your meals’ to the two gentlemen. The robot boy and the panda watched the said table just now.....while eating popcorns...........don’t ask where the heck did they got them.

 

Daehyun glanced to the table that caused some riot just now, his forehead wrinkled, thinking hardly on something from the look of it.

 

“Aha!” Daehyun snapped his finger, realizing something. Yongguk looked up from devouring his steaks; eyes blinking at the younger.

 

“Whad??” Yongguk asked mouth still full with meats.

 

“Eww...that’s disgusting bro! Would you mind swallow that big chunks first before saying anything? Geez...” Daehyun said, while making disgusted face.

 

Yongguk swallowed his food. Then he nodded to the younger, giving signal for the younger to continue.

 

“Hyung, don’tcha think that the guy over there looks reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally similar to your fiancé? Okay, scratch that, he’s not similar, he IS your fiance” Daehyun said, emphasizing each words.

 

Yongguk looked back and forth from Daehyun to the said boy. He then pulled out the picture from his pocket, comparing it with the said man. He gasped.

 

‘OMG! It is him! What do I do?! What do I do??!!’ Yongguk started panicking. His hands started sweating and became clammy. But he still had his -face on. Hey, his -face is precious!

 

“Hyung, why don’t you greet him? Say hi or something.” Daehyun suggested.

 

If not because of his -face, Yongguk would totally have this 'did-you-just-told-me-to-kill-my-precious-Tigger' look.

 

“Just shut up and eat your food.” Yongguk deadpanned. Daehyun pouted. Tchh… Prissy tiger!

 

Unknown to the pouting brunette in front of him, Yongguk secretly glanced at the table where the said fiancé is.

 

‘So that’s the one’.

 

 

 

 

a/n: A little something for Banghim shipper out there :D It's gonna be about five chapters long so just wait for it.