Trust

CALM DOWN

I woke up to find the diamond ring in my hand is gone. I was so panicked that I might’ve lost it somewhere and Yoongi would be devastated to know about this. I have tried searching all over my bed, in the bathroom, kitchen and even in the living room; it wasn’t anywhere around. I almost break down to cry because of my carelessness and at that exact moment Yoongi called. I try to not answer as I was worried I might bursts into tears hearing his voice but I had to not let him know about it.

“Hello…”

“What took you so long, my love?”

“I..uhm..I was in the shower just now. Sorry.”

“It’s okay baby. Did you sleep well last night?”

“Of course I did.”

“I’m just worried because mom and dad made you drink so much last night and I know you’re not used to it. I’m glad to know that you’re okay.”

“It’s alright. There’s a lot of things I have to get used to from now on..”

“Oh, by the way…I think I left my SSD card on your dresser…can you please have a look?”

“Sure, hold on…” I went over to the dresser and his card was there. – “It’s here.” I informed.

“Aahh..I knew it. By the way, can you come over and send it to me?”

“Uhm, sure…but I might be a bit late, is it okay? ”

“It’s okay honey…I’ll be in my studio the whole day.”

“Okay, I’ll see you in a bit.”

“Alright my love.” Yoongi hung up.

Just when I feel like giving up hope, my eyes were caught by a faint glare from something shiny just underneath the dresser. I bend over to have a closer look and there it was, my engagement ring.

“Thank God!”

I pick up the ring and slide it on my finger and obviously it’s a little loose. I might’ve dropped it while drying my hair as it got stuck to the towel and slide off my finger. Since I’m going to see Yoongi, I better keep it on my finger.

 

------------------

I reached the bulding where Yoongi’s studio is and on my way to the elevator I met with Changkyun.

“Oh? Noona?”

“Hey Changkyunnie…good morning.” I waved at him.

Changkyun has been my best friend, more of like a little brother since high school. We went through a lot together and I still remember the first time I met him when we both trying to skip class and were caught by the discipline teacher while climbing the school’s backyard wall. Since then we became close until today and the fact that he always hangout at his brother’s office in our faculty makes us become even more close.

“Oh? Noona is going to meet Yoongi hyung?” he asked and we stop to chat by the sidewalk.

“Uhm yeah…he asked me to help bring his SSD card he needs to use.”

“I can help you pass it over to him.” Changkyun informed.

“Pass it to him?” I was a little confused because Yoongi asked me to hand it over to him and didn’t inform me to pass it off to anyone.

“Ah..he must’ve forgot to tell you. I met him on my way just now and he’s already out to BigHit to have a meeting there. He asked me to take the SSD card from you if you came by.” Changkyun explained and at that exact moment I received a text message.

 

Baby, I’m so sorry I had to go over to BigHit to have a meeting with Bang PD.

I told Changkyun to take that card from you.

I’m so sorry to trouble you to come all the way.

I’ll make it up to you later okay?

Love you <3

 

“Ahhhh…he just texted.” I sighed.

“Oh poor noona. Maybe a cup of coffee can cheer you up?” Changkyun try to make me feel better.

“Well…” I’m giving a thought on whether to go or not but before I could make up my mind, Changkyun grabs my hand and drags me along.

“No worries, it’s my treat.” Changkyun told me as he softly grasps my hand but then he paused.

“Oh? Why? What’s wrong?” I asked him as we suddenly stood still. He lifted up my left hand that he was holding, he looks at it and saw the ring. His face changed.

“Uhm noona…”

“Yeah? What is’t?”

“Are you already engaged to Yoongi hyung?” his eyes were focused on the ring.

“Oh? Uhm…yes, we’ve just got engaged last night.” I informed.

“Last night?? So now I can’t go out or hangout with noona anymore.” He let go of my hand he was holding and pulls a sulking face.

“Ya..ya..it’s not like the end of the world after I’m engaged. I still can spend times with my friends, and even if I got married, I still can meet and hang out with you.”

“But it won’t be the same though.” He turns to look at me with a sadden face.

“Oh come on….” I rolled my eyes and quickly grabs his arm and drag him to walk with me.

He just laughs it off. Though I know he wasn’t happy about the news that he had just heard.

 

---------------

It was the weekend when Yoongi’s parents asked to meet both of us at their restaurant. Yoongi waits for me in the car just upfront.

“Hi my love..” Yoongi greets me with a peck on my lips.

“Did you miss me?” I asked as he helps to put on the seatbelt on.

“I miss you every single day. I’m sorry I have been busy lately.” He apologizes whilst tucking my hair behind my ears and looking deep into my eyes.

“I understand your work and I totally respect that.” I caress his cheeks and give him a big smile.

Yoongi bites his lips, leans in and starts kissing my lips and with his hand placed behind my head, he deepened his kiss. He then started kissing my neck and tracing butterfly kisses down to my collarbone. I had to stop him before anyone sees us.

“Bae, we can’t be doing this here…” I'm already blushing like mad.

“There’s no one around.” He smirked and kissed me once again but I quickly break the kiss as there’s a couple passing by, and luckily they didn't notice us.

“Stop it…you have my lip gloss all over your lips now.” I gently swiped his lower lips with my thumb to wipe off the smeared shimmering gloss and he smirked.

"It's been a while...we should be making out somewhere else." he chuckles.

"Then you better make yourself available tonight." I told him while fixing my top.

“Baby, where’s the ring?” he asks after noticing my ring finger is empty.

“I have it in my purse. It’s a bit loose and it slides of my fingers few times so I had to keep it somewhere safe. I’m sorry.”

“We should go to the jewellery shop to fix it.”

“Now?”

“Yes, now.”

We head off to the shop where Yoongi purchased the ring and the jeweller takes new measure of my figer and examined the ring before he suggest us the solution.

“Well, we can’t promise an exact time to get this perfectly ready because we need to get this platinum band resized and with the diamonds, it might took five weeks to get the ring to a laser welder and fix the diamond placements.” The jeweller informed.

“Five weeks?” Yoongi was quite shocked with the information.

“That’s the best we could offer because it’s now wedding seasons, and our bookings are almost full, so it takes time to get this done. The waiting lists are quite long too.” The jeweller try his best to assure us.

“It’s okay, I don’t mind keeping this finger empty for five weeks. I can still wear our couple ring.” I told Yoongi and the jeweller just smiled.

“If that’s the only choice then…” Yoongi let out a little sigh but then he turns to look at me with a soft smile.

“Please sign here…” the jeweller asked me to sign the receipt and later gives me a copy.

“Thank you.”

“We will give you a call once it’s done.”

We both left the jewellery store and holding hands while heading towards the car. Out of the sudden, Yoongi asked;

“Since when did your fingers lose weight?” he asked while lifting up my hands to have a close look at it.

“Ya…are you trying to say that I was fat before?” I hit his arm and Yoongi just laughed it off while he grabs my waist and brings me closer to him.

“You’re not fat, baby. You’re perfect. I was just teasing you.” Without any warning, he kissed my cheek and the passer by who saw us starts whispering to each other.

“People are staring…” I whispered to him but he just ignores those who are looking.

“Let them stare so that they know you’re mine.” He tightens his embrace.

“I am all your as long as you want me to be.” I lean my head against his chest as we walk off to the car.

 

--------------------

Author’s POV

After having a family lunch together, while enjoying freshly cut fruits, Yoongi’s mother took out a piece of paper and put it on the table and the header reads;

*Real Estate Purchase Agreement Form*

“Mom, are you purchasing another house?” Yoongi asked out of the blue.

“No. This is our present for both of you.” Yoongi’s mother inform as she curl up a smile in the corner of her lips.

“This is the best that we could give to both of you…” Yoongi’s father adds.

“But mom, dad, I can buy a house for us…you don’t have to use your savings for this…” Yoongi feels uneasy by such a big gift from his parents. Yoongi’s mother just laughs whilst shaking his head looking at her son’s reaction.

“Yoongi, you have done a lot for this family and I am so happy that you finally marrying the girl that you love, this girl that we already feel like our own daughter and we know that she’ll make a good wife to our son. We are so happy and we want you to live happily with her, that’s why I decide to give this present and we hope that we could also be a part of your happiness.” Yoongi’s mother express her true feeling. She held Jaehee’s hand and smiled.

“Omonim…abonim…I’m so happy that you can accept me as I am…” Jaehee started to tear up.

“I don’t know how to thank you more mom, dad. This is too big for us to accept.” Yoongi felt humble.

“Anything for your happiness son.”

“Thank you mom…dad.”

 

----------------------

It was late afternoon when both Yoongi and Jaehee bid their goodbye to Yoongi’s parents. They need to get prepared for business as their restaurant are normally fully occupied during dinner time. Yoongi drove Jaehee over to Haejin’s café to discuss about their wedding cake.

“Are you sure you don’t wanna come?” Jaehee asked to confirm before she gets off.

“I know you can choose a perfect one for us. I’m so sorry I had to go over to the studio tonight because Joonsangie, Changwonie-hyung and Jooyoungie-hyung are only free tonight and tomorrow to discuss on our upcoming projects.” Yoongi explained.

"So, tonight making-out session is cancled?" she jokingly asked.

"Baby you know I wan't you so bad right now but I really have to go." Yoongi let out a deep sigh.

“But you have to trust me on this, nor arguments later okay?” Jaehee playfully warns.

“I trust your judgement, my love. I better get going now. I’ll ask Changkyun to help send you home if that’s okay?”

“No…no. It’s totally fine. I can grab a taxi later, I don’t want to trouble Changkyun.”

“If you say so. I’ll see you soon okay?”

“Yeah, sure. Please don’t overwork yourself. Don’t skip meals and don’t drink too much with the hyungs.”

“Baby, don’t worry okay. I like it when you’re being protective like this.” He chuckles.

“I’m worried about you. You’re not yourself if you’re too drunk. Please take care.”

“ You too, take care. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

End of POV

 

-----------------------

“What? Seriously? Where’s the ring then?” Haejin asked me in disbelieve as I she didn’t see any ring on my finger.

“We’ve just sent the ring for resized. It’s a little loose on my finger and we might get it in another five weeks’ time.”

“Five weeks? Well there’s no solid prove that you’re engaged then.”

“Is that really important to announce by having the ring on your finger? I prefer for it to be discreet.”

“Came to think of it…yeah. At least you don’t have to explain over and over when different people asks about the ring.” Haejin smiled as she took out a few albums of her wedding cakes collection.

“I still can’t believe that Yoongi finally proposed. We have never talked about marriage and it has never crossed my mind that he would be proposing so soon because I wasn’t quite ready.” I told her as I flipped through the album pages and she turn to look at me.

“It’s been like what, a year? If he really loves you this much and proposed right in front of his parents, it means he’s definitely ready to take the next step. You’re so lucky.” Haejin smiled brightly as she hugged me from the side.

“But I’m still bewildered by all this, like is this really happening? I feel happy, sad, worried, anxious and nervous, everything are mixed up at the moment and I just don’t know where to begin.” I let out a deep sigh but Haejin gave me a smirk and rolled her eyes.

“You’re always like this, worrying too much but actually it’s nothing.”

“Ya..you can say that because Wonho didn’t proposed to you out of a sudden.”

“Ya..I’d be happy if he did.” Haejin silently giggled.

“Can’t you at least give some positive words?”

“Hahahaha…okay…okay…sorry.”

“I don’t know why, but I don’t know how to feel right now. Maybe I’m so happy and excited and…”

“Jaehee…stop thinking too much. Just pick your cake.”

“Okay..okay… Oh..by the way, would you be my bridesmaid?” I asked Hyejin and her eyes widened looking at me.

“Me? Are you serious?” she asked in disbelieve.

“Do I have any other best friend?”

“Well you have a lot of girlfriends aside than me, your colleagues and all.”

“Ya…if you don’t wanna be my bridesmaid then fine…”I started to get annoyed but she just laughed at me.

“Hahaha…okay…okay..chill out girl…”

“You better be or else I have to force you to…”

“Okaaay. Are you happy now?”

“Much better.”

 

----------------------

Author’s POV

It was the day where Jaehee and Yoongi needs to get their fitting for dress and suit. Yoongi was taken aback to see Jaehee had groom herself a little bit ier than usual. She got her hair down and curled at the end, bright lipstick and she’s wearing a dress. He can’t stop looking at her as she sat next to him.

“Why did you look at me like that?” Jaehee started to blush as Yoongi can’t stop staring at her.

“You look amazing, my love.” He praised her beauty.

“I just wanna look good when I’m with you.” she shyly blushed.

“You shouldn’t dress up like this if you’re out alone, it's dangerous.” Yoongi told Jaehee whilst holding her hand.

“Dangerous?” Jaehee frowned, trying to have a look if there's something wrong with her dress.

“I don’t want any other guy to look at you because you’re mine.” Yoongi kissed the back of Jaehee’s hand.

“Awwww that’s so sweet.” Jaehee leans in to kissed Yoongi’s cheek but with his quick move, Yoongi turns slightly and caught her lips with his and he kissed her. He smiled against her lips and kissed her once again.

“Ya…that’s cheating.” Jaehee protested while Yoongi just giggled.

Jaehee fix her hair and one of her earrings fell on the floor. She tried to search fot it but she found something else instead. A charm bracelet. She lifted it up to have a look and Yoongi noticed it; his face changed.

“Bae, who’s bracelet is this?” Jaehee demands an answer.

“Uh…uhm, that must’ve been Chanyeol’s girlfriend’s. He borrowed this car last night. It must’ve fell off her wrists or something.” Yoongi tries to explain.

“Really? But this bracelet does look somehow familiar. I believe I’ve seen someone wearing this before.” Jaehee still analysing the bracelet but Yoongi took it from her hand.

“Ya…isn’t this kind of design are in the market right now? Anyone could’ve had one. I’ll return this toChanyeol later.” Yoongi assures and he kept the bacelet in the dashboard drawer.

“Are you sure that it’s Chanyeol’s girlfriend’s? Or did you…I mean, are you seeing someone else behind my back?” a sudden doubt hits Jaehee because Yoongi acted strange.

“Baby I would never cheat on you. You’re my everything.”

“But…”

Before Jaehee gets to continue, yoongi held her face with both hands and looked into her eyes, making her froze for a moment.

“You're the one I love and it’s only you. You mean everything to me, baby. Don’t think too much because you’ll look ugly with that frown.” Yoongi swipe gently across Jaehee forehead and later she laughs.

“Fine.” Jaehee answered short and still pouting.

“We better get moving or else we’re going to be late for the appointment.”

End of POV

 

--------------------

I reached my apartment quite late as there are so many things to be done and it’s pretty creepy to get home alone at night. Walking down the hallway while looking for my phone in my sling bag, I notice a tall dark figure crouching at my door knob, struggling to get the password. Without hesitation I ran as fast as I can towards him and hit him hard with my bag until he fell on his .

“Yaa!! What are you trying to do huh? Trying to break in my house?” my hands keep hitting him with my bag and he growled in pain. He had a face mask on, wearing all black with a snapback; I could barely see his face.

“Hey..ouch..hey..wait..yaaahhh!!” in a split second he got up, hold both my hands by the wrist but I still try to hit him once again.

“Jaehee?” the stranger calls out my name.

“Ya! Let me go!! Who are you? How did you know my name? Why are you trying to open my door? Are you planning to break in my house? Oh my God, you’re a stalker? Let me go!! Yaahhh!!” I still struggle to escape his grip. – “Do you want me to shout until all the neighbours comes out?”

Before I could make a sound, he quickly he grip both my hands together, spun me around and covered my mouth with another hand. Now he got me captive in his arm and he whispered to my ears.

“Jaehee, you’ve never changed.” He giggled.

I was shocked. I know this voice very well. This laugh. This can’t be true.

Slowly he let me go and with widened eyes I turn to look at him. He took off his snapback and his face mask, smiling brightly at me.

“Mark?”