Final Thought

Last Thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon walked and walked and walked until she lost her sense of direction. She was walking aimlessly on the streets while suicidal thoughts filled her mind. Occasionally she would knock into people because she simply did not care. It was as if Taeyeon was the only person who existed on Earth.

 

She stopped on the track when she realised where she ended up at.

 

Mapo Bridge.

 

Taeyeon looked down, she was tempted. Tempted to jump down and end her life. People often tell her committing suicide won’t solve any problems. Committing suicide would only cause the people around her to be sad. But committing suicide would solve her problems. Or at least that’s what she thinks. Taeyeon took off her shoes and stockings and put it on the floor by her legs. Though she was petite, she’s able to climb onto the platform.

 

Suicidal thoughts filled her mind in the past two months until she couldn’t take it anymore. Every day she heard voices in her head. Voices that kept telling her she wasn’t good enough. Voices that kept telling her she’s wasting resources on Earth. Voices that kept telling her she’s useless.

 

She’d eat sleeping pills to sleep it off and calm the voices in her head, but when she wakes up, everything repeats itself. No matter what she does, she’s never going to be good enough and those voices in her head will never leave her alone until she dies.

 

And there she was, attempting to end everything once and for all. Taeyeon once believed she was good enough. She once believed she was more than one thing. Until she made a mistake. A mistake that she will never be able to make up. She was consumed by guilt. And that guilt is slowly eating her up.

 

Taeyeon sat on the platform for a while and let the cold air hit her face. Those voices wouldn’t leave her alone. Taeyeon tried so hard to keep them away, only to let them affect her even more than before.

 

“I’m going to end everything by tonight, so stop whispering to me.” Taeyeon said to no one but those voices in her head.

 

‘Then go ahead. Do it now. Suicidal people are just angels who want to go home. You’re an angel. Jump down, now.’

 

Taeyeon tried to focus on her breathing, but she kept thinking about those words.

 

When Taeyeon is ready to end all her sorrows, she heard her name. Someone was shouting for her. A single tear rolled down her cheek as she tries to keep her composure.

 

“Don’t. Don’t let it be you. Please. I wouldn’t bear to leave.” Taeyeon talked to herself even more as the voice travelled nearer and nearer to her ears.

 

“Taeyeon! Listen to me.” Taeyeon opened her eyes. She turned to the source of voice. The voice that she always loved to hear. The voice that comforted her the most during the darkest period of her life. The voice that sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter