Would You Still Love Me?

Would You Still Love Me?

“Would you still love me even if I lose my voice forever?”

The question came from the sniffling bundle of blankets on the bed next to you, his voice low and rough from coughing. You look over with a smile and ruffle the hair that you were just petting softly.

”Of course you silly thing!”   

Jimin grabs your hand and pets his own hair with it, whining an unspoken plea. You go back to running your fingers through his hair, as he sighs with contentment. 

“Being sick really turns you into a huge baby.” You chuckle fondly. 

He brings his head up further out of the blankets and looks at you. 

“I’m being serious though.” He mumbles. “I’ve heard of these things happening. People lose their voices after what they thought was a mild flu. The sickness could ravage my entire body and make me lose the ability to walk or dance. I would have to give up being an idol and beg for change on a street corner.”

You stop petting his hair as you realize what he’s actually asking. 

“Jimin, are you thinking I’d leave you if you weren’t an idol? That I only claim to love you because you’re famous?” You are shocked and a little hurt, and it shines through your voice enough that he looks away.

“Well, it’s just that you say you love me, but that’s it. Tae’s girl is always all over him and telling him how she feels about him 24/7. I just don’t understand why you don’t act like you’re that into me too.” 

Sighing to yourself, you push his sweat soaked bangs out of his face, and trace your fingers around. Across his eyes, down his nose, lightly caressing the lips that kept you up at night. 

“I may not gush and go crazy, singing your praises every moment of every day like you’re used to with your fans, or Tae’s incredibly over enthusiastic girlfriend, but that doesn’t make my love less real. The way I love you is different than theirs because I love YOU, Park Jimin the person, not just Jimin of BTS. I like to SHOW you how I feel instead of acting a fool, and doing things like, oh I don’t know, taking care of you when you’re sick?” You say sarcastically, raising an eyebrow his way and earn yourself a weak chuckle from the man burrito. 

You turn to your side, so you are face to face. 

“You could lose your voice, break both of your legs, have some crazy fan throw acid in your face…” He raises an eyebrow at that. “You’d be surprised of the things I worry about.” You grumble. 

You turn onto your back and stare at the ceiling. He wants you in full confession mode? Fine, you’ll tell him everything in your ed up mind, and then watch in amusement as his bed ridden tries to run away from the impact. 

“I know I keep a lot to myself, but do you honestly have no idea how crazy you’ve made me?” You groan and throw an arm over your eyes. 

“Honestly, how strongly I feel for you terrifies the out of me. My every thought is of keeping you happy and healthy. When you’re away for even an hour, I miss you. When you’re away on tour, it feels like the sun has died, and I barely want to leave my room because my pillow smells like you. If you were to break up with me tomorrow, I’d never marry or date again. I would probably end up a lonely old spinster living in the mountains with my 50 adopted dogs because we got kicked out of the city for violating health codes. I’m in so deep, that I worry constantly about what I’d let you get away with. I’ve judged other people in the past for staying with cheating partners, but I wonder sometimes what I’d do if that were to happen to us. I worry that I’d just let it happen again and again as long as you came home to me. No one should have this much power over a person. I’m supposed to have much more self respect than that. This is why I keep stuff like this to myself, Jimin, because I feel things way too intensely, and you’ve made me go insane.” 

You were crying at this point, although you didn’t notice until he wiped it away. Jimin grabbed your head and forced you to look at him. He had been crying to, you noticed, seeing the tear tracks down his cheeks. He pulls you in to snuggle, and you give in gratefully, even if he is too hot from his small fever. 

“Thank God, I thought I was the only one.” He smiles into your hair. You both chuckle and you start to relax as you realize you didn’t freak him out. 

“Crystal, I’m not going anywhere, and you say you’re not going anywhere, so I guess we’re stuck being crazy together. I worship and adore you, and you don’t have to worry about anything, because I don’t need anyone else.” He kisses your forehead and you smile into his chest. 

“That was the most disgusting thing I’ve ever heard.” You hear Yoongi yell from the living room, realizing you hadn’t thought to shut the bedroom door. You both blush and giggle, before laying down and playing with each others hair until you drift off to sleep.