Four petals.

The Smile Under Her Breath

 

Wendy looked out of the window while the teacher went about talking about anything to think of until the classes finished. The sky was partly cloudy. Wendy's mind was clouded with thoughts that went back and fourth. But her thoughts were interupted by an aura that stood infront of her.

Wendy looked up. "Hi Irene."

"Hey." Irene studied Wendy's face. "Anything on your mind?"

"No." Wendy lied. Too many things were going through her mind. Not just experiencing a mere moment where she could've lost her ity. But that's not the point right now. Just too many things are pressuring her. Her parents called a divorce a few days after the incident with Wendy and Bogum. She hasn't been able to catch up with her projects and she's been doing more study halls in general. 

"Okay." Irene tilted her head. "Let's go to the cafe." 

"But I don't have work on Fridays?" 

"Exactly. Buy me carrotcake." Wendy agreed and they went off to the cafe.

While they were walking, they saw two girls close to eachother. They were laughing but until one point, they leaned over to kiss eachother. They held eachothers hand tight and smiled. The two only watched from afar and behind.

"Wendy. Do you think that's gross?" Irene asked. 

"Kinda." Wendy didn't say truthfully. Many people in Korea hasn't accepted ualites except for straight, but she believed that love was meant for any gender.

"I think so too." Irene lied again. She looked down at the side walk while wrapping her arm around Wendys. 

"I'll get a carrotcake and a mocha Joy." Wendy smiled and turned around to check for approval from Irene. Irene in return, nodded back and smiled.

After a few minutes of waiting, talking, chatting and argueing with the younger one at the counter, they got their cake and mocha. Wendy and Irene sat across from eachother and enjoyed what they ordered. Wendy sipped her mocha and stirred around. But her eye kept being locked on Irene eating down the cake as if she was chugging water down.

"Damn Irene. Slow please. You might get an indigestion." Wendy reached her hand over and patted Irene's hand to get her attention. Irene flinched so Wendy quickly pulled away and sipped her drink. Irene however, had her hair draped embarrassedly and stared at her cake. This time, she grabbed her fork and slowly flew the pieces into . Wendy looked up from taking a couple of sips to find herself looking at a girl who is slowly feeding herself. 

"Irene. I didn't mean that slow." Wendy laughed until Irene gave her reaction.

Wendy's absolutely beautiful when she smiles.

Within the dust in her heart, a small little flower blooms without anyone noticing.

Ding.

[You recieved a message from Joystoptextingmeyouingdemon]

Wendy looked down at her phone and swiped the screen. Irene glanced over the table to see what was happening.

"Yeri's inviting me to her house. You wanna come? Only Joy and Yeri going to be there." Wendy looked up and asked.

"Tch-" Irene stopped herself. "Okay i'll come. Let's take the bus."

They knocked on the green apartments door to find Joy welcoming them in.

"Wendy!" Joy opened the door more. "And Ir- wait why is Irene here?"

"Because I invited her. I'm letting her in or we're leaving." Wendy demanded.

"Okay sheesh. I was just asking."

The two were welcomed not off to a great start. But they still sat down on the beige couch which was accompanied by a table full with drinks.

"Wendy have a drink." Yeri directed while sipping on her own.

Wendy got a drink and sipped it followed by Irene.

Joy slammed her hands on the table suddenly. "We're playing truth or dare." She gave off a smile that was too uncomfortable to be comfy in. "Yeri, truth or dare?" Joy jerked her head.

"Sooyoung turn your head back. I'm choosing dare." Yeri chose bravely and was confident of her descision.

"Okay. Go and chug a cup of beer." Joy was proud of her choice. But Yeri did so and slammed her empty cup on the table.

"Done ."

They contined the game for a couple of more rounds of harmless things as in go a spiderweb. 

"OKAY IRENE GO AN-"

DING

[You recieved a message from Lettuce]

Wendy scrambled for her phone and glanced at Irene who slid her phone into her bag. She looked at the phone screen and swiped.

07:16 PM Wendy I want to leave. This is boring.

Wendy mouthed sorry and turned to the waiting friends to continue the game.

"Well Wendy, since you interrupted, what would you like to pick? Truth or Dare." She hissed.

"Dare."

"Nice choice. I dare you to kiss the person who texted you recently as soon as possible. Right when school starts." Joy huffed. Wendy eyed Irene who completely made a mistake. "Now who is it?"

"Irene." Wendy spilled. "This is just a joke right?"

"You saw Yeri chug that. Look at her, she can't even focus right now."

"O-okay." Wendy turned around to Irene who hid her face.

Irene looked up and huffed out all the air inside of her. She embraced herself waiting for the lips to collapse on hers. Wendy's face cornered Irene's but was then interrupted.

"Hold her face" Yeri said drunkly. Wendy growled back and turned to Irene who has her eyes closed shut. Wendy did as Yeri said and placed her hands on Irene's warm cheeks. Her cheeks were warm and soft and it calmed Wendy that it was better off than kissing Seulgi anyday or Luhan at the least. A million thoughts ran through Irene's head of how the kiss can end so it angered her. Her face turned even more read and she scrunched her eyes even tighter. Wendy sighed and closed her eyes. Their lips collapsed and Wendy pecked Irene's bottom lip.

"Longer. Gotta use some tongue Wendy." Wendy then wondered why she's friends with those 3. But she did as she was told. She pecked Irene's lips again and tried to open up Irene's lips to get in deeper. Wendy pecked a couple of times on bottom and top lip until Irene finally let a small opening into . Irene was happy that she was able to get her lips on Wendy's. Only Wendy's. Wendy placed her lips gently on Irene's pink lips and she bravely slipped her tongue past Irene's lips. Irene reacted back from not able to hold her urges and kissed as hard as possible. Wendy was surprised but the dare had to go on. She gripped Irene's face tighter and then started to feel the alchohol seeping into her tastebuds. They kissed awkwardly but with power infront of the two amused friends. But Wendy ended it all. She let go of the face and let her saliva connect with Irene's lips as she pulled away. She her lips unnoticeably and turned to Joy.

"Done?" Wendy was clearly done with the game. Even though it was just the 9th ing round. 

"I'm leaving." Irene got up with her face flushed with her messy ponytail. "Wendy you should go too."

"I'll go too I guess." The two who were clearly sad, still played even though the other two friends left. 

--- 

The two walked awkwardly back to Wendy's apartment, looking at the ground. Irene was flustered how she got her kiss stolen by her friend. Every step she made while walking, reminded her of the kiss. And oh damn. That walk was long with many steps with many reminders. 

Is she not going to say sorry after she kissed me? Oh god. She's absolutely beautiful though. Irene looked up at Wendy who was ahead of her. 

They reached the apartment and Wendy opened the door. She dropped all of her things and closed the door. It was pretty late, but it wasn't too late. She jogged to the couch with her remaining energy and slouched on the couch. Irene came over to the couch and sat with a distance.

"Wanna watch a horror movie?" Wendy loved horror movies. Not just how it's intruiging, but she likes being abnormally scared. But Irene nodded. "How about Lights Out?" Irene twitched at those two last words. But she nodded again.

Wendy prepared the movie and the couch for the movie while Irene made ramen that can last the two for an hour. She called over Irene who placed the chopsticks into the bowl and walked over to the couch filled with stuffed animals and blankets.

"Come sit." The movie started and Irene quickly placed the ramen onto the table and plopped herself under the blanket with Wendy. Irene and Wendy jumped at any sound that came from the movie. Irene screamed when the monster jumped out of the shadow, pulling the boy's legs. Irene gripped Wendy's hands while one hand was around her knees. Wendy felt Irene breathing hard against her hand the whole time. But nearing the end of the movie, the gunshot was fired. Wendy and Irene scrambled to eachother and their faces and bodies collapsed in horror. The ended up in a postion where Wendy's head was over Irene's neck. And Irene's face was fiercefully hugged by Wendy. Irene felt the hard breathing on her neck. It stimulated nerves and goosebumps to occur. She couldn't manage herself. She twisted her head out of Wendy's arms and found herself smacking face with Wendy's. Irene accidently within the smack made contact with the lips. She stood up in the perfect posture and stared at Wendy surprised. 

"Oh god. I'm so sorry." Her face went red.

"N-no. It's fine. It may have been uncomfortable in that position anyways." When Wendy spoke those words, a loud screeching noise came from the movie. The sudden noise made Irene jump and it caused her to be shaken up from too many jumpscares. A tear rolled down from being frightened and Wendy was surprised. Out of instinct, Wendy lunged forward and hugged Irene. Irene was surprised clearly from the hug. 

"It's okay Irene." Wendy pushed out slightly and poked a small kiss on Irene's forhead and continued to hug her.

Irene rested her head upon Wendy's shoulders. They got out of the position after the 5 minute long hug. They've found themselves more comfortable around eachother. Irene helped Wendy with her heartbeating, and cleaned up the mess and the untouched ramen. After folding the blankets with a conversation how scary the movie was, Wendy interrupted.

"Let's finish up the ramen. I'm hungry." Wendy sat on the ground and looked at the ramen placed on the table. She stretched her arm to get the chopsticks and suddenly started eating fast. Irene came over and forgot that all she ate was cake and beer before then. She sat next to Wendy and also started eating.

A few minutes later after eating and washing the dishes, Irene packed her bags and waved back at the snowman and the Olaf waved back. Irene swung the door to find herself out of the apartment with still her heartbeating. Meanwhile the melted snowman feels something that needs to replace Irene's place.

Wendy's flower started to need more water within the heart.


A/N: Okay sorry. I had a really big exam coming up and just some crappy tests. I hope you liked the romances and the kisses. I'm sorry if i'm not as detailed when i'm writing it seems hard for me to find the words for some reason. Thank you for reading, subscribing, and commenting. I'll reply back as soon as possible. *** NOTE. THIS CHAPTER WAS MADE LAST MONTH. ***