One Petal.

The Smile Under Her Breath

 

"Wendy. YOU ING I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T GET UP IMMA WHOOP THE GODDAMN CAFE OUT OF YOU!" Joy screamed as she realizes that Wendy, a small girl who can't even stay awake for 10 minutes of her life, ist still asleep though class has ended. 

"Mm?" The shorter girl lifts her head off dazily her desk and sees a Joy who was about to slap her with her bag,

"Hey," Wendy held her hand up to "defend" herself from giant. "If you swing my bag at me one more time, i'm going to cancel all of your coupons. Wait for me Sooyoung" She gets up and pushes her chair in as Joy rages.

"Okay. Let's go to the cafe." She says then sighs with a her bag swung over her shoulder.

***

6:19 PM 

"I want a mocha with whipped cream." A cold tone rushed into Wendy's ears and lifts her head up immediately after hearing this voice.

"Excuse me? One more time, i'm sorry.." Wendy scratched her head and was pretty certain that her ears were going to go deaf.

"I. Want. A. Mocha. With. Whipped. Cream. Now." Wendy this time caught the whole order and nods quickly and runs to go and get the order done.

"Here you go ma'am! And that would be $4.00." As she hands over her order, she gets a glance of the cutomers face. 

She's pretty. She thought but quickly shakes off the thought.

The customer says something over her breath and leaves $5.00 on the counter and turned around with her drink and walked out of the cafe. But Wendy was then to instantly recognize who the customer was. Irene, who is in the study of music just like her. Beautiful but cold goddess who is known by most students on campus, but ignores or gives a cold glare ar anyone. Including the unsociable Wendy who made friends with three idiots. And one of them is Irene's close friends. Or something like an entourage. 

Wendy groggily groans and plops her head down on the counter with a bear-like presence that is about to pounce on a lazy snowman. 

"WENDYY. IF YOU DON'T LOOK UP, NO GIRLS WILL LIKE YOU" Wendy who was clearly startled and shot her head up confused and quickly realized that Seulgi had tackled her. 

"Did Irene always come here?" Wendy asled as she noticed that Irene has started to come here all of a sudden." 

"Intrested in her? No chance snowman." 

"Not interested. But she suddenly started coming here." 

"Oh. I guess," "But I should get going. You should too." Seulgi sighed and takes out a cookie and shoves it in . 

9:53 

Wendy packed her bags and left the cafe. 

---

Wendy slouched in her chair lazily as Joy comes running to her. 

"Wendy. We're starting our new project you know that right?" Wendy nods and Joy continues, "You're partner is Irene, Wendy. Irene." It took time for Wendy to process and realized the situation.

If Wendy in those dramas could spit out the water out of , she would. 

Irene came into the classroom and Wendy watched every single step that she took, not realizing how obvious that she was staring at Irene. But Irene quickly glanced at Wendy that made the girl jump from her slouching position. 

Irene.

"Get with your partners. Kapiesh? No complaining. I didn't have coffee." said Mr. Park. Wendy now became aware that he always has coffee. 

Wendy got up and walks towards Irene who is now placing down her textbooks. "I-Irene. We're partners," Wendy didn't look up once but stared at the textbooks, "I'm Wendy if y-you didn't know." Wendy looked up to find herself frozen in place.

"Seriously?" The word shot up Wendy's spine.

"Yea.."

"Are we allowed to switch or something?" Irene asked straightfaced. 

"N-no. Mr. Park just said we couldn't ask for another p-partner.." 

"Whatever. We'll meet at the library tonight. ASAP." Irene said without knowing what she just said and places her hair on her shoulders.

"O-okay."

***

Wendy walks into the library noticing that Irene had placed down the materials for their project. Wendy heaved a sigh and weakly smiles towards Irene who has seemed to not notice Wendy's presence.

"Hi Irene."

"Sit. What took you so long? What kind of partner is this?" Irene said with a slight tone of anger.

"I'm sorry. But thank you for waiting.." Wendy apologetically said.

One hour later

"Because of this, it caused the country to go into war for thousands of years, yet no one has recorded the long war." 

"Oh now I get it." Irene scratched her head curiously with a different look on her cold face.

Wendy glanced at her phone realizing that it's already too late and it just began pouring.

"Irene. We should leave, it's late. Also it's raining."

"Oh. It's fine. I'll walk home." Irene got up and packed the materials.

"Irene. It's not fine. It's pouring. My house is like literally 3 minutes away from here. Come over at my house and spend the night. We're friends. So no proble--"

"First, we're not friends," Wendy was startled. "And it's fine."

"Okay.. But just come and get dried. I forgot a umbrella without knowing it was going to rain.."

"Couldn't you atleast check the news for once?" Irene fumed.

"I-i'm sorry.."

This is going to be long..

Wendy and Irene ran out of the library. Every step they made, made a splash of water on their clothes which made it even worse. After atleast 4 minutes of running in the rain with their bags leaking, they reach the door. Wendy quickly opens her door and drops everything as soon as she got in. Irene, who was clearly soaked, carefully stepped in the well furnished home with Olaf decorations.

"Leave your things here, i'll get you my clothes to borrow. I'll wash yours." Wendy said panting from exhaustion. 

"Okay." Irene replied as Wendy running into one of the rooms.

Irene placed her shoes by the door and looked around the house. A well-furnished home with decorations. A nice kitchen with many cooking supplies. Olaf posters scattered around. But what caught Irene's eye the most, was Wendy's baby pictures.

A chubby baby. Irene thought. Pictures of her laying down on a blanket. Or her crying in a sailor moon dress. Irene smiled until it quickly went away when Wendy came back with a hoodie, a "I LOVE NY" T-shirt, under garments, and a pair of leggings.

"I'm sorry. Most of my clothes are pretty large so it would probably fit you.." The shorter one said. Irene nodded and Wendy directed her to the bathroom.

Wendy sighed hard and remembered she didn't have any food except the carrot cake she baked  this morning, uneaten. 

She might eat this.. Wendy thought without knowing what food she liked. Her series of thoughts of what she should feed Irene, was then shattered when Irene came out of the bathroom sneezing holding her wet clothes in one hand wearing the clothes given by Wendy. Irene sneezed a series of adorable sneezes with one hand over her face with a long sweater arm draping over her hand. Wendy was clearly surprised by how cute the sneezes were. It didn't match the cold goddess's personality though. Wendy walked towards Irene to get the wet clothes. Wendy quickly placed the wet clothes in the washing machine and threw a pack of detergent and the machine. She jogged back to Irene.

"You might be hungry. But I only have untouched carrot cake and instant ramen.." Wendy said nervously.

"It's fine. I like carrot cake." Irene went passed Wendy and walked towards the kitchen.

Wendy prepares the cake, perfectly sliced, on small plates. She holds two plates with a generous portion of slices and told Irene to go and sit on the couch. Wendy placed down the the slice of cake on Irene's lap and Wendy immediately started eating trying to avoid eye contact as possible with Irene next to her on the couch. Irene glanced then stared at the cute blusing olaf who was eating quicker than The Flash. 

"You're pretty." 

Wendy turned around with her faced stuffed and blushes quickly with her heartbeat slightly increased."

"Thankmph mfyou," Wendy swallows. "You're beautiful." Wendy quickly regretted what she had just said.

What's with her?

A small petal in Wendy's heart, falls on the ground and withers away immediately.

 


A/N: This is short but, Hi readers. Okay. I bet I messed up on some words or messed up on grammar but oh well, me no speak engrish good. But if you see some parts that may look like other fanfics, I got these from different movies, so please don't compare mine with others. I sprinkled a bit on Wenrene at the end. Thank you for subscribing. I didn't mean to click the button, but after one night, I got 53 subscribers without this chapter posted. Thank you. If you have some suggestions of what you want in the next part, I'll try and consider them if you message me. I'm also new to asian fanfics so i'm sorry if my format is lol.