Final

Birthday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

28th May 2015

"Dahyunnie, wake up! Wake up!"

Dahyun is annoyed when she heard that. The one that is trying to wake her up keep kissing her all over her face and squeezing her in a hug.

"Unnie, can you please stop? I'm trying to sleep here!". She retorted.

"Sorry, I can't do that till you are fully awake." The "unnie" replied.

"Give me another one hour. Thanks to you, I sleep late yesterday." Dahyun managed to talk even though with her closed eyes.

"Oh really? Oh no, what have I done? I'm sorry!".

"Keep that. Now, leave me sleep peacefully."

However, the unnie doesn't give up and keep teasing her.

She then got a new idea on how to wake Dahyun easily.

She leaned forward to her right ear and blowing it softly.

Dahyun is shivering up to her spine.

"Sana unnie!!!!!!. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!". Dahyun groaned.

"Ahaa finally you are awake now.. Good morning, honeyboo! It is your special day today. Happy birthday to you!". Sana said while hugging her and left a kiss on her

cheek.

"You're using my weakness again to wake me up! Ugghhhh".

"Oops, sorry. That's the only way that could wake you up."

"What time did you come home?."

"Around 2 am I guess. I'm honestly apologize to you. Oh, by the way, I ate the spaghetti right after I came home. Thanks, dear. It was delicious!

I know you were waiting to eat with me, but we got something urgent yesterday and I could not come home on time. I'm sorry?"

"Hmm it's okay. I know you can't just leave your responsibilities. I understand that."

"That is why I am the luckiest person on earth to have you as my girlfriend. I love you, Dahyun. I mean it."

"I know."

Sana, a medical student in a top Korean University. She is currently having her housemanship in a medical centre in Seoul, South Korea.

She has been dating Dahyun, her junior of two years. She is currently a pharmacy student in her final year from the same university.

It was a senior-junior relationship at first. As they are both a representative of their course for the university's student council,

they often meet during the student council monthly meeting.

A little that she knows, Sana found out that Dahyun has the personalities that she likes the most.

Yes, Sana do like girls. All of her friends knew that. She is thankful that they understand her.

They are living together in a three bedrooms apartment, which was originally owned by Dahyun's parents.

However, her parents are currently living abroad and they let Dahyun and Sana living there since it is closed to their university and

the hospital that Sana currently attend for her housemanship.

"I have a good news for you". Sana finally talk.

"What is it?". Dahyun asked.

"I can have one day off today. Momo agreed to switch with me." Sana smiles widely.

"Are you sure it's one day off? Last time you said like this but it turned out you could only had 2 hours off and you need to go in the middle of our movie date."

Dahyun pouts. She didn't really want to put a hope about what Sana have told her just now.

Sana's smile faded away right after Dahyun said that.

"Nope. I am very sure this time. It's your special day today. I won't let it wasted just like that. Let's do whatever you want today!". She assured.

"Really? Alright. I won't let you rest today. You better get ready for it! Thank you, unnie! I love you!" Dahyun excitedly said that and

it's her turn to hug squeezing Sana.

They started their day with having breakfast together in Dahyun's favourite waffle cafe. After that, they went to have movie marathon the whole day before heading to

Dahyun's favourite place to have their lunch .

They end up going for a window shopping and spending their time at the games arcade.

Sana was so happy that she could spend the day together with Dahyun on her special day.

This is the least she could do, despite her busy schedule in her housemanship period.

They tried every games in the arcade until it's time to have their dinner. The highlight for Dahyun's special day.

Sana has actually arranged a special dinner for Dahyun at her favourite Western-Korean cuisine restaurant.

While driving to the restaurant, she received a text message from her best friend, Momo.

She read it while waiting for the traffic light turns green.

"The "thing" is with me now. Meet me at the store when you arrived at the restaurant."

"Who is it, unnie? Please don't tell me that it's from the hospital." Dahyun asked sadly, thinking that Sana needs to go again.

"Nope. Don't worry. It's not from the hospital. I have promised you that I could spend the whole day with you today." Sana smiles.

"That's good then." Dahyun smiles again.

They arrived at the restaurant. Being a Michelin-starred restaurant, it is packed with customers. Thankfully, Sana has reserved their table a week early.

"Just order everything you want to eat today, I'll pay for it."

"Are you sure, unnie? Afraid that you will need to sell your kidney later." Dahyun giggles.

"Of course. Nahh, I won't sell it. I'll just donate it. The kindness is worth more than the profit if I sell it. With that, people will always remember me." Sana said.

It's true. She has registered her name for the organ donation programme in the hospital she attends for her her housemanship.

She believes that it's just her small help for the society.

They are waiting for their dinner to be served and Sana remembered that she needs to meet Momo to pick up her "thing".

She was thinking on how to tell Dahyun about it.

She keeps looking at her watch.

"Are you alright unnie? You keep looking at your watch."

"Dahyun ah, I need to go somewhere. If you don't mind, can you stay here without me for a while? I promise, it'll not take a long time."

"Somewhere? Are you going back to the hospital?".

"No. No. Please don't misunderstand. It's not the hospital. There is someone I need to meet for a while."

"Really? Alright. You can go. Maybe it's important for you to meet that someone."

Sana was hesitant at first when she noticed the different tone from Dahyun.

"I'm going now. If the food has been served, you can eat it first. Love you." Sana kissed Dahyun's forehead before stepping out from the restaurant leaving Dahyun alone at their table.

 

 

"Momo!". Sana shouts her friend's name once she saw her.

They meet in front of a store, one block from the restaurant.

"Ya, why are you late? Ji Soo sunbae keeps calling me asking where I am now."

"I'm sorry, Momo. I need to explain to her. She keeps thinking that I'm going back to the hospital like I usually did during our previous dates. Sorry again.

Do you have the things with you?".

"I feel you. She shouldn't date a medical student like you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter