1/2

How To Slay Like A Nerd
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon flinched when the crumbled paper was thrown at her face. The blonde clenched her jaw. Feeling the humiliation and its heat spreading to her body– up to her face that was reddening second by second.

“Why are you doing this to me? Uh?!” Taeyeon’s mother, that was the cause of her humiliation growled at her and placed a hand over her heart as if it was physically paining her. Taeyeon swallowed. 

“You used to be such a good student. Why are your grades dropping so much?” Her father added from the side and Taeyeon balled her fists. Staring down at her feet. 

“Is it because of that girl? I knew she wasn’t good for you!” Taeyeon’s mother threw her hands up. Too much drama.

 

It really pained her when they mentioned Taeyeon’s girlfriend of 3 months, Hwang Tiffany. The reason why Taeyeon’s grades dropped so much wasn’t because of her–she played a part, yes. But, there were other reasons too that her parents weren’t informed about.

And, Taeyeon wasn’t planning on telling them anytime soon either. 

“I was already against this relationship.” Her father spoke in a low voice. He was disappointed. And, Taeyeon was too. Just in herself. It really was hard for her.

 

“I’m sorry…” Taeyeon closed her eyes shut as she bowed down. Trying not to let her voice crack and her eyes tear was very hard. She whipped her head up and tucked her hair behind her ear. 

She was hoping that they don’t notice her red nose. “I’ll try to do better…” Taeyeon added biting her lip.

“Don’t just try. Actually– do something to make us proud.” They both scoffed at her.

 

 

“You sure you don’t wanna tag along?” Tiffany spoke to Taeyeon. She pushed her hair back into a ponytail in-front of the body-length mirror. Taeyeon was behind her on the bed. Reading her book again.

Tiffany turned to listen to her answer, “Yes, I am sure…” Taeyeon was not interested in going. Tiffany was a social butterfly and she always went around to parties and this time– it was a beach party away from Seoul. 

Tiffany smiled. “Aw, okay. If you say so.” Tiffany was an easy-going person. She was smart and knew when not to push people beyond their limit and– their comfort zones. 

 

She jumped onto the bed energetically and laid down beside Taeyeon. And as always– her heart began to beat erratically. Taeyeon had to clench her jaw tight not to show that she was shaking.

Damn her– and her sweet perfume. 

 

Tiffany put her hand on Taeyeon’s tummy and began to rub it– while smiling mischievously at her. Oh, Tiffany knew exactly what effect she had on her nerdy girlfriend.

She was sensible and smart. Means. She knew something was going on with Taeyeon’s life– something, that Taeyeon wasn’t telling her. 

 

Her behavior with Tiffany had no trouble so, the younger didn’t bother asking more than twice.

“I’m gonna miss my baby.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes back but inside her soul was screaming and her toes curled up. 

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be leaving now?” Taeyeon questioned and the black haired shot up on the bed and put her nails in – nasty girl. Bad habits.

“I almost forgot!” Tiffany jumped off the bed and grabbed her bag. Taeyeon stood up also to walk her off. They both got to the entrance and Tiffany hugged Taeyeon one last time.

 

“I’ll call you when I get there.”

“Yep. Now run off.” Taeyeon showed her smile and the younger left.

 

 

Taeyeon knew not to worry. Since she was supposed to be back in not more than two days. Taeyeon was eating the sandwich that her friend Kibum had prepared for her– when she received a text from her girlfriend.

 

<3 Fany Fany 

7:09 PM

 

   Hey, I miss you! I am having a lot of fun here but I wish you were here. 

 

Taeyeon smiled before writing back; 

 

Reply :

   Oh really? Make sure not to drink too much alcohol and stay away from boys! >.< 

 

Taeyeon put her phone down after sending and proceeded to eat the bread sandwich. She didn’t receive a reply back after that and she just ignored– thinking that she was probably busy.

“Taeng!” Kibum called and Taeyeon disgruntled before getting up to see what he wanted. She spotted him on the couch– holding his phone.

 

Taeyeon squinted her eyes and fixed her glasses to clear her vision. It was a picture of Tiffany. With her ex-boyfriend. Taeyeon cleared and felt the blood rush to her cheeks.

 

Kibum seemed to be annoyed too and he locked his phone shut before looking at his friend. 

“Are you okay? I just wanted to let you know what she was up to,” He scratched his neck, “Since you don’t use Instagram.”

 

“What’s your purpose of showing me that?” Taeyeon growled, clicking her tongue. Her icy glare sent shivers down his spine and he quickly his lips.

“I j-just thought–“

 

“You know I was busy studying. I am already not doing well in school and you just helped me break my concentration. Well fricking done, Kim Kibum.” Taeyeon sneered and walked away mumbling, “Over nothing too.”

 

Well, Taeyeon said it was nothing– however, she didn’t feel like it was. She did it to make herself think that it was okay. But, it was not. It was pissing Taeyeon off… 

 

More than she ever thought she could be.

 

 

 

Tiffany had heard a lot how quick-tempered Taeyeon could be. But, she never got to experience until now. When they were both facing each other in Taeyeon's apartment.

 "How can you just come in without knocking?" Taeyeon growled and stared at her in an unkind manner. Tiffany crooked her lips up. Trying to understand why Taeyeon was being so aggressive with her. "Haven't you ever heard of knocking?" Taeyeon clicked her tongue.

Tiffany scratched the back of her neck, "Taeyeon... What is wrong with you? Why are you being so difficult? I came here after a long day to see you– the first person and you are treating me like ." A bolt of electricity ran through Taeyeon and she closed her eyes shut.

"I thought you'd welcome me with open arms but at least tell me what is going on with you? Taeng... I... You know I am here for you, right?" The black head picked her words carefully. 

"Why do you even care?"

"W-what? Of course, I do. Are you dumb?" Tiffany flipped and fired back an icy glare. She never expected Taeyeon to treat her this way. The aura that Taeyeon was emitting was very tense. 

"No, I just thought you don't cause– " Taeyeon paused, "Why didn't you stay longer? Huh? With your Khun?" Tiffany's brows furrowed. Oh, so that was what it was about. She didn't feel relieved even though she found out the source of their little issue. She took a step towards Taeyeon but the older just put her hand up. 

"We were just chilling along." Tiffany tried to explain.

"Of course," Taeyeon stated and raised her brows. Tiffany scoffed is disbelief and crossed her arms over her chest. 

"Okay, you are obviously not in your right mind." Tiffany turned her back to get out– being the logical person she was. Tiffany did not want Taeyeon to stop her– but, a part of her wanted Taeyeon to call her name and to stop her from going. None of that happened and Tiffany left the apartment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter