Final

Tainted Garden

She was tired, no. She was beyond of that. She was exhausted, exhausted of running away from that world, exhausted of putting away everything that could remind her of that fantasy. And she was exhausted from protecting her beautiful garden.

 

She still remembered how this chaos started. It started from her herself, a bubbly and bright girl with a genius head. She is not a full-packaged queenka, just an independent student. Not only she is smart, she has pretty much confidence and leadership skill in her and keeps being outstanding with volunteering stuffs and leading a new organisation at the college.

 

However, she is a normal person. She has also flaws. She is afraid of opposite gender. Despite her fright, she masked it with a straight face everytime she needs to negotiate with them. She hoped she could avoid any men with her cold attitude towards them.

 

Unfortunately, she was far from that.

 

Apparently anybody with the title 'male' have this annoying thing; ego. They are really persistent in getting something or someone that they desire. If they have been rejected, they will do anything to get them by hook or by crook.

 

And guess what? She had become their desire too.

 

They and their egoistic mind had thought that whoever owns her is the best guy at the college. And it seemed that they had done a bet too. They kept flirting with her, acting like a gentleman should be and giving presents to her. She had even received face-to-face confessions from the bolder boys.

 

What did she do? Just shrugged them off.

 

Being a typical human, the boys left her as boredom started engulfing them. They rushed to search their own partner to not waste any more time for making love. Soon, she was alone, away from any distraction.

 

Except there was still remained one.

 

There was a boy who still stayed by her side. He was among the other boys - of course - but with his own unique ways. When the boys used all of their pocket moneys for purchasing pricey gifts during her birthday, he just gave her a red chilly with a wish on it. When they kept flirting with her to keep her closer, he just simply worked with her and followed her lead.

 

The most important thing, when the rest left her, he insisted to stay with her, to continue helping her.

 

As a girl, she was touched. And obviously she was tired to ignore him anymore. Slowly, she opened up to him. No longer than a month, they became bestfriends.

 

Despite the progress shown in their relationship, he did not give up yet. Apparently his feeling had developed even more. And he always brought the issue up; his confession.

 

"Why you don't let me in already?"

 

And she always left him alone for days.

 

But not for that day. Not after he cornered her in the quiet library.

 

When she lifted her head to see his towering body, she trembled. However, he did not acknowledge her condition and pushed her more.

 

"So that I don't have to suffer again!"

 

She did not realize that she was crying until he wiped her tears off her face. He caressed her cheeks, looking deep into her glassy brown orbs as if he managed to dig out her secrets. And he nodded.

 

"I vow to myself to protect you from the darkness you have in the past. I'll take care of your garden and always keep you in happiness."

 

Indeed, she was wrong. Kim Seokjin has no different from the rest.

 



 

594 words?? Woww, this is the shortest drabble that I have written until now...

Thanks for reading~~