Chapter III

Diary

"Tuan! That's the third time I'm calling you out because you're talking during the lesson!" The teacher angrily shouted, interrupting Mark's story about how he pranked one of his friends yesterday.

"I'm sorry-" Mark tried to apologise.

"From now on, your place will be on the front, right here beside Wang." The teacher interrupted him while pointing towards a faultless Jaebum.

"But-"

"No buts! Come on, exchange seats with Im." The teacher interrupted him again.

For a moment, it seemed like Mark was contemplating whether he should get up and exchange seats with Jaebum or try once again to persuade the teacher to keep his seat near Jinyoung.

Jinyoung didn’t want Mark to move away from him, but he pushed him gently and encouraged him to get up with a smile.

Mark’s gaze seemed so lost, maybe he didn’t want to move away too.

Jaebum sat beside Jinyoung and the younger could feel the other’s glare on him during the last half of the lesson, but he didn’t dare to meet Jaebum’s eyes because he was afraid. He knew how scary Jaebum could be when he was angry.

"Thanks for ruining my love life." Jaebum said when the break time arrived.

"Since when are you having a love life? And that's Mark's fault anyway." He said the last part in a lower tone, but Jaebum heard it nonetheless.

"Since I met Jackson. And I don't think Mark was talking by himself." Jaebum replied bitterly.

Jinyoung was about to say something when Mark and Jackson arrived.

"It's seems like I won't bother you anymore during the lessons... What a relief, huh?" Mark said to Jinyoung.

"Yeah..." Jinyoung didn’t really know how to answer that. “How’s Jackson?” What kind of question was that, Park Jinyoung?

“Well I… I know him since before joining this school, we’re actually best friends. So, yeah... He’s okay.”

“Wait… I-I remember you said that your best friend was in love with a Korean guy?”

“Oh so you were actually paying attention to my speech!” He exclaimed before lowering his tone to a whisper and continue. “Don’t tell anyone, but that Korean boy is Im Jaebum. Jackson is so mad at me because before today’s accident he was sitting together with him and he keeps saying that I ruined everything.”

“W-what? Jaebum? But he likes Jackson, too!” Jinyoung exclaimed. He wasn’t expecting Jackson to reciprocate Jaebum’s feelings

Mark widened his eyes before turning around to look at Jackson. “Jacks-- oh my god…”

Jinyoung’s jaw dropped when he saw how Jackson’s arms were holding Jaebum’s waist, keeping him really close as they were kissing in the middle of the school hall, not caring about the judging stares they received by some students.

“Is this even allowed in school?” Mark’s voice ended Jinyoung’s state of daze. He was smiling as he said that and Jinyoung couldn’t help but to smile too.

“I’m still shocked, that was so fast… It seems like they have no intention of wasting time.” Jinyoung felt like he should say something about what just happened to Mark.

Mark was about to say something too, but he decided not to when he saw that Jackson and Jaebum stopped kissing. Instead, he approached them and he congratulated his best friend.

Jinyoung decided to join them until the end of the break. Jackson just wouldn’t stop talking about how happy he was that Jaebum liked him too. Turned out he confessed because he was afraid that Jaebum would forget him since they weren’t near in class anymore. Jinyoung really hoped Mark wouldn’t forget him.

 

When Jinyoung opened his diary that afternoon, he saw what he wrote last Friday night. That he was in love with Mark. He shook his head, causing his bangs to cover slightly his eyes, then he chuckled. He must have gone crazy.

He tore up the page from his diary and ripped it in little pieces before throwing it away.

 

 

"Dear diary,

from now on I won't be near Mark in class anymore... I'm sad relieved because I'll finally be able to follow the lessons without him distracting me every second.

Jaebum and Jackson got together. I’m a bit jealous. I wish I could conf

Honestly, I miss Mark already."

 

 

"This diary is such a stupid idea!" Jinyoung exclaimed as he closed it and put it back on his night stand.

He lied down on his bed, staring at the ceiling. It’s not that since he isn’t sitting near Mark anymore, they’ll stop being friends.

Friends.

Well, if they weren’t friends yet, they’ll still talk to each other like they used to, right?

These thoughts filled Jinyoung’s mind all day – and night – long.

 

One, two, three, four weeks…. A month passed and Jinyoung’s friendship with Mark continued just like before. Nothing has changed and he was glad. They would talk during the breaks at school as Jackson and Jaebum’s mouths were too busy to join their conversations. They would make fun of their friends sometimes, but Jinyoung kept being secretly jealous of them.

 Jinyoung also joined Mark and his friend Holly every Friday to play with the children. At first, he was a bit nervous and worried that he may be a third wheel, but he understood soon that Mark and Holly were just good friends. Well maybe, just maybe, he didn’t understand it by himself and Mark had to reassure him in some not-too-direct ways. Of course, Jinyoung missed none of the little things Mark did for him, furthermore he wrote them all in his diary.

But seeing Mark at school and every Friday wasn’t enough, Jinyoung wanted to see him more often. He thought about inviting him to the park or to see a film, but he was too shy to do that since it would be just the two of them. He also thought about inviting Jaebum and Jackson along with them, but then maybe Jaebum would suspect something… Jinyoung didn’t want him or anyone to know about his crush on Mark.

That week he won’t even be able to see Mark on Friday because the room they used to play with the children was occupied by some unknown band that would practice there.

Mark reached him during the break as always, while Jackson and Jaebum stayed on their own. It was strange, they always joined him and Mark.

“Do you know why Jaebum and Jackson didn’t join us?” Jinyoung asked.

“I… I don’t know, maybe they need some time alone as a couple.” Mark replied.

“But they can spend time alone on the afternoon…. They’ll never be completely alone at school anyways.” Jinyoung continued.

“Oh well, then I have no idea.”

“Did you fight with Jackson or something?” Jinyoung insisted.

“No… It’s not that…”

“What could it be then? I’m a bit worr-“

“Jinyoung I- are you free today?” Mark interrupted Jinyoung.

Jinyoung was shocked by Mark’s sudden question. “Why?” He hesitantly replied.

“I thought that maybe you could come to my place and we could… do our homework for tomorrow or… or something…” Mark said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“Uhm… What time?”

Mark bit his lower lip before answering. “My mom goes to work at 3, so you could come around that time…”

Why did Mark want them to be alone? “O-okay, b-but I don’t know where you live…”

“I’ll show you when we finish school, is not that far from here, maybe not even ten minutes of walking.” Mark replied a bit too fast.

“Okay, then.” Jinyoung smiled shyly as the bell rang, signalling the end of the break.

 

 

 

 

A/N: I don't know how to write anymore, I'm sorry