The Art of Raising A Perfect Family

The Fine Arts of A Refined God
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Family indicates who you are. I learnt this from seeing my own dearest father, and also, from observing other families. Like Kang Kwon Joo's. Even that noisy barking dog's. Raising your children to be the exact copy of yourself must be the right way to go about it. At least to the parents. Look at Kang Kwon Joo. I thought it was funny that her father was a policeman too. But to think about it, her father must have mastered this art too. Just like my father, raising me to be exactly like him.

 

If only he hadn't done that. It would've been easier to end his pathetic life with my own hands. But getting rid of your mirror image, your reflection - wouldn't that be the same as getting rid of yourself? That old man was quite smart when it comes to his own survival. He knew he wasn't as special as his dearest son, yet he made me grew up to be just like him, so that he would seem more valuable than he really is. The concept is, family needs to stick together and be raised to be the same as the strongest member, or else, it would be a shattered useless instituition. Look at that Crazy Dog hyung's son. He's already so weak so early in his life, just like the mother. It's already a failed family. Wouldn't I be doing a good deed to save them the impending pain of discovering the harsh reality in the future by helping to end it? I've already helped saved a lot of of unfortunate souls from spreading their poorly bred families all over Sungwun.

 

I had dreams to continue my good deeds on a larger scale and let the rest of the country and the world be a better place too.

 

It's just unfortunate that I was brought up to be too homely.

 

Besides, this dinky city just became a lot more interesting after I knew of the existence of another special born, that was actually brought up the same way as me. It would be interesting to see what else do we have in common. Her father seemed to have the same mind of my father too. My father was just the more honest, practical and less pretentious, even if he's also the less valuable and the more disgusting one too. So, if she grew up to be the way her father did, I wouldn't blame her. In this era, it's not easy to find a family raised the right way, and I'm certainly impressed with her father. I would love to have a cup of tea with him like a family, if only he wasn't so nosy that I had no other choice. We could've made a perfect family.

 

But family isn't always a good and beneficial thing. Family can be your biggest weakness. And nothing is more repulsive than being weak when you have the choice to be the opposite of it. Family is supposed to make you strong. Otherwise, isn't it better to have none? Look at how those two faced peas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter