Chapter 2: I Kissed A Girl and I Liked It

Fake It Till' You Make It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to this while reading: Sad Song- We The Kings                                                                                     

                                                                                                           2 WEEKS LATER

     '' Isabella! Come downstairs! Somi's here!'' Maria yells up to her daughter. Isabella couldn't care less over the fact that she was sleeping till 12 in the afternoon pretty much everyday since she came home. Her mom called it ' Not going to bed early enough' and Isabella called it ' Catching up on the sleep that she missed out on when she was training'.

          Groaning in annoyance over getting woken up not on her own accord, Isabella took her pillow and slammed it over her face, trying to go back to sleep. She laid in her bed for around 20 minutes finally starting to drift back off to sleep until she heard the loud stomping of her moms feet coming up the stairs, this causing her to bolt upright in her bed in fear. Tip 1 for surviving in an Italian family, you should NEVER piss of an Italian madre if you want to keep your hearing. Before Isabella could even get out of her bed to try to hide, her door was slammed open by Maria causing Isabella to scream in shock as her eyes locked onto her ticked off madre. Pointing a long finger at her, Maria began to shout.

    '' What are you doing huh?! Did I not tell you to come downstairs 20 minutes ago? Why are you still lying in bed? Get up now!'' Maria then grabbed ahold of Isabella's leg causing her to let out a muffled yelp, and dragged her off the bed with a loud 'THUMP' as her body hit the ground.

     '' Now get up and get your culo() downstairs.'' Maria yelled before leaving the bedroom.

          Isabella groaned in annoyance once again and stood up from the ground, stretching her arms above her head while yawning.

          While walking out of her room she raked her fingers through her hair to get out the tangles that built up overnight, courtesy of her super curly hair that she got from her mother. She put it up in a messy bun before scratching her back as she walked down the stairs. Walking towards the voices from the living room, she was met by the sight of Somi talking and laughing with her mother. When she walked into the room, Somi glanced over and her eyes went wide and a blush covered her pale cheeks seeing the attire that showed off her best friends figure. She couldn't deny that even at the age of 15, Isabella had a the best body out of all the girl trainees and even idols at JYP. Still though, as her eyes raked over her body she could feel her heart begin to speed up and when her eyes locked on Isabella's sleepy face, she felt her breath hitch and her heart clench.

          Isabella locked her eyes on Somi's pink face and blushed. She couldn't help but admire her best friends big brown eyes with her long black eyelashes. She shifted her attention to Somi's pink, plump lips admiring them silently. Maria seemed to realize that Somi wasn't listening anymore and looked over to what her gaze was locked on and smiled mischievously at the two oblivious teenage girls. It was obvious to Maria that the two liked each other. They had been stuck by the hip since kindergarten when none of the other children wanted to play with two foreigners. They found each other and were like magnets, attracted together by some un-known force.

          The two girls also had a good idea why they always felt something more for the other since the 6th grade but neither acted on it, both too scared over losing the other and the fact that they might be lesbian. The Korean society wasn't as accepting to gays and lesbians as American society, and those that were gays or lesbians were usually looked down upon by people. They were both afraid that if they ever did debut and word was leaked that they liked the same , they would get hate and get shamed by the public over it.

          Maria cleared loudly, snapping the two girls out of their trance and causing them to look over at her. She smiled and stood up from the couch sighing.

     '' I'm going to go out grocery shopping. You two should head to Isabella's room to talk since your nonno and nonna are going to come down here to relax for awhile. I'll be back soon.'' she says before walking out of the room leaving the teenagers in silence.

          Isabella smiles sheepishly at Somi, rubbing the back of her head shyly, causing her tight shirt to ride up, exposing a little bit of her torso. Somi's breath hitches as she catches sight of Isabella's toned abs.

     '' We can, uh, head up to my room now if you want....?'' she trails off. Somi snaps her mind back into reality and smiles nervously while nodding her head.

     '' Yeah sure.'' she replies as she stands up and follows Isabella to her room.

          Shutting the door behind them both, Isabella lets Somi look around the room.

     '' It looks almost exactly the same as when we were kids.'' she speaks, mind being overcome with memories from when they were kids. Isabella smiles as she sits down on the edge of her bed, Somi joining her right after.

          The two sat in silence, neither knowing what exactly to say. In the end Isabella's the one to start the conversation with a smile.

     '' So why did you want to see me?'' she questioned, genuinely curious over why Somi wanted to speak with her. Somi's eyes widened as she seemed to remember why she came over to talk to Isabella.

     '' Oh yeah! I wanted to talk about the whole, well, JYP situation....'' she trailed off not knowing exactly how she would react. Isabella's smile dropped a little at the mention of JYP, but caught herself before Somi could see it and kept smiling albit a little reluctantly.

     '' What about JYP?'' she asked, looking into Somi's big brown eyes with a feigned look of confusion, even though she had a good idea of what she wanted to talk about. They looked at each other in another moment of silence.

     '' Did you really quit...? You know, being a trainee at JYP?'' Isabella looked down at her legs as Somi lightly interrogated her.

     '' Yeah, I quit.'' she began to explain.'' Somi, since the moment we got kicked off, I realized something.'' Somi looked up at Isabella perplexed over what  it was that she realized. Isabella stood up from the bed and began pacing around her room.

     '' I realized, that I don't want to debut from a well known company. That being because the majority that people that debut under those big labels, got to where they are unfairly. Whether it be by sleeping with the higher-ups or bribing the company, they got there unfairly. They never worked for the chance. They just took the easy way out. Somi, you have to understand, I want to get big by sheer talent. I don't want the easy way out of things. I want to work for my big break and experience the satisfaction that is brought when I accomplish it. I want to be able to shove it in all those unfair groups faces and show them that I'm different form them and I got big from sheer talent, not by being a call girl or call boy or even a briber.''

        The room was left noiseless after she had finished. Isabella stood still looking at one of her dark grey walls covered in Polaroid pictures. Her eyes skimmed over the pictures of her doing all kinds of sports when she was younger ranging from ones that involved a ball and ones that required her to useing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter