Setting the Stage

Crimson Bond

 

 

These televised programs where musicians and groups competed for a shaped piece of metal or glass always bewildered Tzuyu. She did not understand what was so important about them. It was just a symbol of how much time these people had wasted on pointless movements and poor poetry placed to beats that were horrendous enough to make one's ears bleed. However the crowds made for a good feeding ground. It wasn’t hard to seduce some man or woman to come with her to the bathrooms and do the deed from there. It was always quick and...relatively painless. At least she glamoured them so that they wouldn’t scream and claim they got too with someone they met, though they can’t remember their face or name. Tzuyu would go in, feed and get out. It was all down to a science and a near perfect one at that. She was meandering through the crowd when she looks up to the stage briefly to feign interest.

She notices one of the members of the girl group on stage. She couldn’t remember the name of the group, much less the names of the members. She was pretty though, round face with soft features and dark brown eyes that were in teardrop shapes. Her hair was a dark, clearly dyed red that came down to her mid back. She wasn’t too tall, but not that short either, a perfect height. After a moment more of staring Tzuyu shakes her head, already having lingered too long. Her attention is turned back to the crowd. A small blonde girl is looking around seemingly uninterested. Tzuyu sees the opportunity and makes her move, sliding in next to the girl. She runs her cold fingers up her back, causing the girl to shiver. Tzuyu then makes a show of resting her hands on the girl's hips, swaying back and forth to the rhythm of the song, and the girl sways with her, completely entranced by the woman behind her. Tzuyu leans against her shoulder and nibbles on her ear lobe. “Don't scream, you won’t feel a thing. When people ask you say you went a little too far with someone in the crowd, but can't remember their face.” The girl nods her understanding, still encaptured by the feel of Tzuyu’s hands and her cool breath against her neck. Tzuyu then smiles lightly before biting down on the girl's shoulder. Blood comes rushing to the surface, a taste of burnt rice filling . It wasn’t the most pleasant taste, but Tzuyu was starving so she gulped down her share of blood eagerly despite the taste. then detaches from the girl and she slips back into the crowd. She quickly and quietly  made her way through the crowds, finding the exit and making her way down the street after she was away from the mob of fans.

---

 

 

“How’d it go?” Victoria asks Tzuyu casually as the latter strides into the small, yet elegant apartment her, Victoria and Hyoyeon called home.

“Alright. Little blonde was draped all over me.” Tzuyu shrugs “Same old, same old.”

“I dunno, you did feed right in the middle of an Unbreakable performance. Surprised you managed find someone to pull from it.” Victoria smirks brashly while Tzuyu raises a brow, “Unbreakable? You’ve never heard of them?” Tzuyu shakes her head, “Oh, well they’re the new girl group on the rise. Created through a reality TV show and now they're called Unbreakable. Probably because the PD couldn’t make them screw up.” Tzuyu chuckles lightly.

“The fact that you keep up with this stuff baffles me.”

Victoria puffs, “Well what else am I supposed to do with my existance? Sit here and watch the walls decay?”

Tzuyu growls in indifference before looking to the TV Victoria had been staring at.

“So who’s the redhead?” Tzuyu asks in slight interest.

Victoria grins, “Find a cutie, huh?” Tzuyu scoffs, crossing her arms.

“She looked tasty, what can I say?” Victoria nods in disbelief,

“Uh huh…” Tzuyu leers at Victoria. “Can’t remember her name, though I know she’s a popular one.” Tzuyu smirks lightly, It's a wonder half the vampires in Seoul haven't tried to tear her apart, she looks magnificent. She chuckles as she thinks to herself. Victoria laughs aloud, “Now if you're done picking your next dinner guest.” She tosses a metal water bottle to Tzuyu. She catches it easily, quickly picking up on the scent of oranges within, though she'd be the first to tell you it wasn't orange juice in that bottle. “Take that to Hyoyeon, she’s going on stage at that music show and she’s in need of a pick me up.”

Tzuyu snorts, “Why didn’t you just give it to me before?” She asks bluntly.

“Because Hyoyeon just texted me two minutes ago asking. You know how idols are, no breaks.” She shrugs apathetically.

“Then why do it? Why kill someone she looks like, take their place and claim they changed their style? That life is going to get her caught.” Tzuyu growls, she hated the idea of being that bold. Standing out means eventually getting caught.

“Because you know how much Hyoyeon yearned for this. She dreamed of being an entertainer before she was turned, that didn’t change after. Now go, and who knows? You may get a name for the girl out of Hyo.” Tzuyu sighs and turns back out the door.

 

---

[ a/n: So that's chapter 1! Not the biggest thing I could write, but I wanted to dip my toe in and see what kind of feedback I got. Good feedback = more chapters so feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts. Or just subscribe! :) ]