Jamais vu

His What Ifs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The young woman was seating on the ground as she passively gulps down a bottle of soju. It was a habit for her to visit the park, particularly the pond while having a drink. Things were really mysterious ever since she drowned 2  years ago. She would sulk per usual while asking herself for questions that would always remain unanswered.

"Bullsh*t. Just bullsh*t! Hahahaha. Am I insane? Why does it seem to be weird? Are there no other people around? Where are they?" she crazily laughed at herself. 

It was quite strange that she rarely can see someone everywhere. The place is creepily silent.

Good thing, a shabby-looking man sat beside her and looked at her. She doesn't even bother even if he was carrying his stained and dirty stuffs with him. As long as she has a company with her, she will be able to fight off the strange feeling she had at that moment.

"Ahjusshi, do you want my drink? I'm sorry that this is what I only have. I am such a sly drunkard, you know."

The man just gulped and did not bother to answer her. 

"Hahaha. Here. Don't worry. I'm quite full. It's my 10th bottle actually," she assured as she hands him a bottle of alcohol.

He muttered while receiving the drink. "Gomap..seumnida."

She said bitterly, "You know what...This place is strange. Anio... Anio... Two years ago was completely strange. I just don't know what, why and how. And that's too painful to handle."

He just indifferently listened to her sentiments and looked straightly on the pond. 

"I don't know what life wants to tell me. Before, I wasn't interested but I actually am now. Crazy, right?"

Unexpectedly, the man replied vaguely to her. "Life is indeed insane. Things disappear and go back to where they were. Perhaps, they would come back more different compared to what they were before. People who wronged you will come back to change their deeds. Mistakes will either be repeated or corrected. That's how fate in life works. It is not a repetitive cycle, instead it is a changing one. Stories do not end abruptly just like that. They can be continued as long as a heart longs for it. Who knows? You might end up being happy in the end unlike before."

She was quite befuddled by his words. Indeed, fate is playing tricks with her. Everything seems to be hidden and it's driving her insane.

"Young woman. I need to go now. Be patient enough and you will get the things you were looking for. It's a matter of patience and acceptance," the man spoke as he stood up.

He continued before walking back. "Thanks for the drink by the way."


.

 

.

 

.

 

"He's quite weird, actually. Never mind," her words ended up in a big sigh.

While watching the calm pond, the rain suddenly poured.

The woman cursed under her breath as she stood up and covered her head using her bag. 

"Waaahhhh! it! Damn!" 
The woman was about to leave when she saw someone floating on the pond. Her eyes widen in shock.

She panicked, "OMO! OMO! Is that a man? Omo! Anyone here?! Help him! Save that man!"

Strangely, no one answered her. Such even seemed to happen before. Nonetheless, her memory doesn't help her recall anything. She cannot remember what the sad familiarity of things is all about.


Her finger pointed in fear. "Help that man!" 

She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter