Chapter 1

My Strength, My Weakness.

Life wasn't cruel to Kim Taehyung. At least, not in the grand scale of things

He came from a well-off family, had a good family both inside and outside (he simply refuses to acknowledge his inheritance of the family's renowned looks), a sister who took care of his every needs and a brother who pampered him all too much with love and affection.

In life Taehyung learned that no one gets a perfect life. No one.

So by having a perfect family, he was obviously not granted the blessing of self-preservation. To put it simply, he was by societal standards, a useless individual albeit with the biggest dreams any 21-year old would probably possess. When he learned of his said differentness, dreams of being a game developer went down the drain.

By staring through his peering sunlight reflecting on his tan skin, Taehyung contemplates what kind of life he would live if he had been blessed with the ability to function in society as a normal human being; both mentally and physically.

Taehyung, arms crossed on his wooden desk overlooking the streets of his neighborhood pouts as he peeks onto the oncoming traffic outside the gates of their house. Children playing catch and skip rope. Ahjumma's talking about the daily gossip, young men around his age bickering around and shoving each other playfully with no care whatsoever with the world. Taehyung wishes he could be part of a social clique like that and walk around the streets laughing hysterically about mundane gossip and small talk. The only time he ever goes out and has fun is with Jimin, who happens to be the complete opposite of him; instead of brooding, Jimin is enthusiastic and extremely bubbly; something Taehyung isn't.

One thing that drew the two together despite their differences, Jimin being part of the popular school dance team in highschool and having admirers by the plenty and Taehyung being the lone nerd who would stay in his chair and doodle (amazingly, but only Jimin turns back and appreciates) was their sarcasm. Sense of humor really was the base of the two's long and trusting friendship.

The blonde's daydreaming state stopped the moment a certain short-haired fairy-like figure barged through his room with a near-complete set of a Korean breakfast laid out on a mobile platter.
 

"You know you can't spend your entire day lolling around on your bed and staring at the mom's neighborhood friends Taehyung, right?" Taeyeon mouths as she chews rice cakes on the stew laid out in the middle of the bed in the younger's room. 

"Taeyeon-a--"

"-That's noona to you, disrespectful brat. Come here and let noona feed you!" Taeyeon started doing the kissy face Baekhyun-hyung, her boyfriend for 2 years loves (one that Taehyung really despised). 27-year olds should never attempt to look cute or even try aegyo but surprisingly everyone except Taehyung appreciates his noona's aegyo attempts.

Defeatedly, Taehyung drags his lithe figure across the wooden floor onto the bedside with the food tucked in the middle. Slowly, Taeyeon stuffs huge amounts of kimchi and beef onto Taehyung's mouth (who was Taehyung to complain anyways?) and after nearly 30 minutes of bickering and flailing Taeyeon cleans up Taehyung's excuse of a 'noona you need to stop treating me like a child' and 'i will treat you like one until you get a job taehyung!'.

Truth be told, Taehyung already had a wide set of experiences in almost every basic occupation available. He's tried everything from janitorial services (horrid pay and the places stink) to being a call center agent (his broodingness translated even across the line and into 3000 miles of wiring, hence getting himself pitifully fired). To put it simply, luck just hated Kim Taehyung's guts. Whether it was his ancestors doing, whether his grand grandparents killed some innocent fish that had legendary spiritual powers or his mom plucking a leaf; luck simply was not in his favor.

This was not to say, even if he managed to work for a month and survive long enough to get a month's worth of salary (which his siblings treated like a God-given blessing despite both being successful professionals). A certain blessing (Taehyung thinks it was a curse given to him for being too dumb) tends to interfere with him doing normal human-like things.

There was one time he destroyed the fax machine by simply putting the paper on the copier, much to the security guards horror. How the machine looked like it was hit by a Martian comet, no one from the company knew till this day.

There was another time he broke nearly every mop and door in a school he was cleaning for janitorial service, all because a damn stain in the 3rd floor library refused to be removed (Taehyung resorted to scraping the entire cement block under instead with his pinky finger)

And another time where the cash register's keypad broke after only a week due to Taehyung's short-lived cashier stint. (he's said a couple of times, 'i swear i tried to be gentle') To make things worse, the general manager had to resort to bailing and running away from the store because he couldn't explain how it happened. (I mean really, how can a normal individual explain how somemone can make a cash register look like a UFC fighter pounded through the entire circuit when the person using it was only a skinny 5'10 individual with blonde hair?)

To put it lightly, Taehyung damages almost everything he touches. Taeyeon, being the old lady stuck in a 16 year-old girl's body that she is, sees it as a God-given blessing to the family and her business. Having Taehyung carry dozens of sacks of flour for their bakery all in one go with no sweat broken (even to the point of Taeyeon insisting on making him her 'bakery assistant'. Which Taehyung agitatedly softly rejects nearly everyday)

Of course its been a long-kept family secret, one that no one outside of Taeyeon, his elder brother, mom and dad would believe.

After taking a brisk shower and having Taeyeon nag on him for missing toothbrush hour (10 AM, 1PM and 8PM). Taehyung decided to have a breath of fresh air for once, leaving the musky smell of their humble abode.

With his black hoodie above his blonde fringe, Taehyung decides to (with much insistence from Taeyeon to stay and become part of her baking business) finally bring his application letter and resume for the longest time with him on his sling bag and apply for any job with decent pay for a high-school graduate.

He tries his best to look beyond his brooding perspective, breathes in deep and hopes for the best for today.

Being employed would be great too.