Four (Past)

Save The Last Song For Me (Editing)

 

 

After Baekhyun discovered that his crush studied at the same high school with him, he thought it would be easier for him to find him. After that, he will confess his feelings, and they would live happily ever after until they grow old.  

However, his dream crushed because he still wasn’t able to find him. How big is this school anyway that he can’t find one person? Not only that, with his crush’s tall figure, he would surely stand out among the students. But, when he asked around, no one ever saw him before.

This situation was making him doubtful that he even met his crush at the music room in the first place. Could it be that he finally lost his mind, and he was delusional about the whole meeting? No, that couldn’t be because their meeting was so surreal. Even if he did imagine the entire thing, he surely wouldn’t have guessed his crush running away from him, right?

“What’s with that sour face?” a man with feminine face asked before he sat down in front of Baekhyun.

“Nothing is wrong, Heechul-hyung.”

“Oh, come on! I’ve known you since your first year. I can tell when you’re lying to me.”

“Well…”

Baekhyun suddenly hesitated to tell Heechul about his crush. It wasn’t because his crush was a man that made him hesitate since there some of the student here are gay, but how corny it would sound if he told Heechul that he had fallen in love at first sight? Knowing Heechul’s character, he surely would have laughed at his face, and Baekhyun doesn’t like that.

“You can tell me everything, and I’ll not judge you for that.”

Baekhyun almost rolled his eyes, but he managed to refrain himself from doing so.

“Fine. I’ll tell you, but you must promise me that you won’t laugh at me.”

“I promise.”

Baekhyun still a bit doubt because Heechul usually wasn’t able to keep his promise. However, he needed someone to talk before he really lost his mind and Heechul is the perfect candidate since he couldn’t talk with his brother nor his friends regarding this matter.

“This happened two weeks ago. I was on my way to school. That’s when I met him...He was standing in the middle of a street with the flowers showering down on him. It was such a beautiful scene. And he was such good looking teenager! With his curly hair and his binding smile...I couldn’t stop myself from falling in love with him.” Baekhyun then sighed dreamily. “If he was my boyfriend, I-”

Baekhyun’s words were cut off by a loud laughter. He glared at the man in front of him. He already knew this will happen, yet why did he still give in?

“Hyung, you promised me that you wouldn’t laugh!” Baekhyun whined childishly.

“I’m sorry, Baek. I can’t control it. Your dreamy look makes it funnier than it’s supposed to be.” Heechul said as he wiped tears from his eyes. “ Whoever thought that Byun Baekhyun, our school infamous playboy would fall love in the first sight.”

“Just shut up, hyung!”

Baekhyun huffed in annoyance as he folded his arms across his chest. He wasn’t really a playboy. He couldn’t understand where did he got that nicknames. He only had one girlfriend last year and their relationship only last for six months because he realises that he was more into men than women. Yes, he admitted that he did had few flings, but that’s because he had needs!

“So, did you get his name?” Heechul teased.

“No! He ran away before I could ask him! I purposely walked on the same path for a week so I could bump into him again, but no luck at all. I almost give up hope.” Baekhyun ran his hand through his black hair, “However, I met him again at our school music room four days ago and once again, I didn’t get his name.”

“What are you going to do now that you know that he is studying the same school as us?”

“I don’t know what else to do, hyung. I’ve been searching for him for four days, but it looks like I have bad luck lately because I couldn’t find him at all. How big can this school be?” Baekhyun said before he laid his head down on top of the cafeteria table.

Heechul chuckled as he patted Baekhyun’s head, “You don’t have to give up hope, yet. I’ll get all the student files for you if you want.”

Baekhyun raised his head, “You really can do? How?”

“I have some connection inside the school office.” Heechul’s lips then curled into a smirk.

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes, “Connection? Hyung, you…”

Heechul quickly cut off Baekhyun’s words, “Do you want it or not? I usually don’t offer this kind of help to anyone, but you’re my favorite junior which why I want to help you.”

“Fine. He is very tall and has curly hair.”

“Okay. I want to know what you’re going to do after you get his name.”

Baekhyun smirked, “I’m going to make him mine.”

 


 

Chanyeol sneezed. He used his finger to rub his nose. Why was his nose suddenly so itchy? He was fine this morning. He really hoped that he wasn’t coming with flu because he couldn’t risk getting sick now. He had been absent from school for six months, making him missed out all of his school subjects. Not only that, he just got a new job a week ago, and he didn’t think that his employer would appreciate it if he called in sick.

“Chanyeol-ssi, Mrs. Lee asked me to relay this message to you. She wanted to see you in her office,” Hyun Woo, his class monitor, said.

“Thank you, Hyun Woo-ssi,” Chanyeol replied as he flashed a small smile to his class monitor.

His class monitor was a very kind person, and he had been helping him to catch with his study. However, he can’t say the same thing about his other classmates. He got up from his seat. He could feel their stares as he walked toward the door. He ignored it because he knew that most of his classmates think negatively of him due to him being absent from school for half a year. He also knew that there was a rumor going around school that the reason he missed six months was that he got caught in a gang fight and ended up in the hospital

He didn’t know how the person who started this rumor got the information he was being admitted to a hospital, but the real reason why he ended up in the hospital wasn’t that of the gang fight. He could always tell the truth, however, he couldn’t do that. He needed to keep this as his secret, and he didn’t care if they will avoid him like the plague. He was already used to being alone after all.

He was too deep with his thought, making him almost bumping into the door in front. He didn’t even realize that he reached his teacher’s office. He wondered what his teacher wanted from him, and he hoped it wasn’t because of his school works because he already tried his best to catch with everything. He took a deep breath before he knocked on the door in front of him

“The door is unlocked,” a woman’s voice sounded from the inside.

Chanyeol turned the knob and pushed through. He saw his homeroom teacher, Mrs. Lee, who was busy correcting her students’ work. It made him feel bad for disturbing her, but she asked of his presence so not much of a choice there.

He cleared his throat to gain Mrs. Lee’s attention. “Mrs. Lee, were you looking for me?”

Mrs. Lee raised her head, “Ah...yes, I was indeed looking for you. Please have a seat. There is something that I need to discuss with you.”

Chanyeol stepped inside the office. His heart was beating wildly inside his chest as he sat down on the chair beside his teacher’s desk.

“How are you coping with all the subjects since you been absent from school for six months? Do you have any trouble?”

Chanyeol bit his lips as he was thinking whether to tell his homeroom teacher that he indeed having trouble. However, he doesn’t want to trouble his teacher.

“You don’t have to afraid, Chanyeol-ssi. You can tell me anything,” Mrs. Lee said. She must’ve seen his distressed expression for her to say that.

“I do have a bit difficulty catching up with all the subjects, but you don’t have to worry, Mrs. Lee. I’ll study hard to make sure that I’ll pass all my subjects.”

“Forgive me for saying this, Chanyeol-ssi, but are you sure that you able to do that since you have to work part-time to support yourself?”

Chanyeol was shocked when he heard that. How did his teacher know that he had a part-time job because as far as he recalled, he didn’t indicate his family situation to the school?

“How did you know this, Mrs. Lee?”

“I saw you were serving customers when I passed by the restaurant you worked a few days ago. That’s how I know it. Since this is your personal life, I’ll not inquire about it.”

Chanyeol felt relieved to hear that. He doesn’t want anyone to know about his family situation and give him those sympathetic looks again.

“Just like I said just now, you don’t have to worry, Mrs. Lee. I’ll make sure that my work won’t interfere with my study.”

“I know that you’re a very hardworking student. I can see that because you never hesitate to ask questions regarding your school work and most of the teachers who teach you also compliment your attitude. Still, I can’t stop myself from worrying about you. For now, you may able to balance your study and your work, but it may affect you in the long term, and you’re still in your second year of study. That’s why I decided to find a tutor for you. He is one of the top students in this school, thus, you don’t have to worry about the fee.”

“Mrs. Lee, you don’t have to do that.”

“Can you try it for only for one session? If it you really don’t like it, we’ll think of another method. Will you be okay with that?”

A small sigh escaped from Chanyeol’s lips. Frankly said, he doesn’t want a tutor as his schedule was already quite busy, but at the same time, he doesn’t want to disappoint his teacher who arranged everything for him.

“Alright, Mrs. Lee. I’ll attend the tutoring session and see where it will lead me.”

“I’m glad to hear that. I arranged your meeting at the library with that student after school today.” Mrs. Lee then wrote something on her notepad before she tore it off and gave it to Chanyeol. “His name is Byun Baekhyun, and here is his contact number.”

“Okay.”

Chanyeol took the paper and stared at it.

Byun Baekhyun, huh.


Author's note: I'm very sorry for not updating this story for quite a long time. A lot of things had happened to me and I had started working again doing part-time study. I hope all of you will enjoy this short chapter from me.