One (Present)

Save The Last Song For Me (Editing)

A woman ran toward a petite man with raven haired who just stepped inside into studio. “Suho-ssi, you’re here! Is... Oh no! You’re alone!”

“Is there something wrong, Miss Park?” Suho asked. He noticed that Miss Park looked nervous, and her hair was in dishevelled manner.

“Baekhyun-ssi isn’t here.”

Suho’s eyes widened slightly, “He hasn’t arrived yet?”

“Yes. I thought he was coming with you.”

“I had some important matter to attend this morning, which is why I asked my assistant to pick him up. I shouldn’t have relied on her. She’s always slacking on her job.”

“The photoshoot will start soon. What should we do now? Minki-ssi is a very strict person. He doesn’t like it when people are late for his photoshoot.”

“Try to buy some time for me. I’ll go get him now.”

“I’ll try, but I can’t promise anything.”

“I understand. Thank you, Miss Park.”

Suho walked out from the studio. He took out his handphone from his pocket before running toward the lift. He waited for a few minutes before a soft voice answered his call.

“Where are you?” Suho asked as he pressed the lift button.

“You are in the studio? Stop lying. I just come out from there and I didn’t see any of you. Enough, I’m not going to hear any of your excuses. This isn’t the first time it happens. I had given many chances to you. However, you never want to change at all, and I have had enough of it. I don’t have any choice, but to fire you. Goodbye.”

Suho ended the call before stepping inside the lift. It looks like he has to start hiring a new assistant.

 


 

Suho pressed the doorbell. He put inside his hand inside his pocket as he waited for the door to be open. However, he didn’t hear any steps approaching the door. There was no doubt that Baekhyun must be still sleeping.

He bit his lips as he glanced at his watch. He still has thirty-five minutes left before the photoshoot started. He’d better wake Baekhyun up now if he didn’t want to be late for the photoshoot. He quickly keyed in the number, 270692. Up until now he still doesn’t get it why Baekhyun chose this number as his passcode.

He did ask before, but the reply he got from Baekhyun was, “Don’t be such a busybody, hyung. Be glad that I want give the passcode to you.” Yes, Baekhyun was that sassy.

He shook his head the moment he saw how messy the doorway was with all shoes laying down on the floor. He took off his shoes before heading to Baekhyun’s room. He let out a small sigh when he passerby the living room. Clothes and magazines were all around on the floor while the coffee table full was with take-out boxes.

This isn’t the time for it. I need to go wake Baekhyun up now!

He knocked the door. He sighed for umpteenth time when once again he didn’t get any response. He hoped that Baekhyun didn’t lock his door as he grabbed the knob. It seemed that luck was on his side when he managed to turn the knob.

He pushed the door before stepping inside the room. Just like the doorway and the living room, Baekhyun’s room was also in a mess. He could only shake his head upon seeing the mess. He approached Baekhyun who was sleeping soundly on his king sized bed.

“Baek, wake up.” Suho gently shook Baekhyun’s body.

“Five more minutes, yeobo,” Baekhyun whined as he pulled the blanket to cover his face.

Suho raised his eyebrows. “No offense, Baek, but you aren’t exactly my type.”

Baekhyun immediately sat up upon hearing that, “Hyung! What are are you doing at here? Don’t you have an urgent matter to attend, so you couldn’t pick me up today?”

“I’ll explain it in the car. Go wash your face. If not, we’ll be late.”

Baekhyun ran his hand through his tuft of hair, “What time it is?”

“Eight thirty a.m. The photo shoot starts at nine. You better get ready now. I’ll wait you at the living room.”

“Damn it, hyung. Why didn’t you say it sooner? Now, I’m going to be late!”

Suho just ignored it. He was already used to Baekhyun’s antics. He made his way out of Baekhyun’s room.

Baekhyun groaned. He jumped down from the bed and headed to the bathroom.

 


 

A small yawn escaped from Chanyeol’s lips as he stretches his limbs. He was still a bit sleepy since he had been watching Baekhyun’s videos, fancams and pictures until four in the morning. Not only that, he was also acting like a crazy fangirl, screaming and yelling until he accidentally woke Kris up. He only stopped when Kris scolded him for that.

His lips slowly jutted out into small pout as he flipped the pancakes. It wasn’t like he was doing it on purpose. Baekhyun was too handsome with his newly dyed hair, making him unable to control himself.

He better stop reminiscing and focus on his task now. He didn’t want Kris scold him again for not preparing breakfast on time.

Chanyeol huffed in annoyance as he placed down the pancake on the plate.

Kris-hyung is taking me for granted by treating me like I’m his maid. He doesn’t even pay me for my hard work!

Just at the moment, a tall figure with blonde hair stepped inside the kitchen.

“Morning, Yeol.”

“Oh, you have woken up. Hyung, can you help me bring the plates to the the dining table? I need to prepare the coffee. If not, someone is going to get cranky if he didn’t get his coffee.”

Kris hit the back of Chanyeol’s head.

“Why did you hit me?” Chanyeol asked while rubbing his head.

“It is partly your fault why I need to drink coffee right now. Yes, I know that your idol lover is very handsome until you couldn’t stop gushing about him, but you need to remember that I have to go work to support you and your hobby.”

Blush slowly crept up onto Chanyeol’s cheek, “Wh-what...lover...g-go bring that plate into the dining room. Don’t blame me if you’re late for work.”

Kris grinned after he saw the blush on Chanyeol’s cheek.

“Stop denying it, Yeol.”

“Shut up. Hyung. Go bring that plate now.”

“Yes, princess.”

Kris then took the plates and ran out from the kitchen before Chanyeol can scream at him for calling him that. He didn’t see Chanyeol’s expression had changed slightly.

“Princess, huh? That’s what he used to call me.”

 


 

“Baek!”

Baekhyun woke up from his sleep when he heard familiar voice calling for him. When did he fall asleep? The last thing he remembered was looking at night scenery outside the window. He looked around his surroundings and realized that he was at his condominium's parking lot.

“You’ve finally woke up. I’ve been calling your name for a few times.”

Baekhyun stretched his limbs, “Thanks for sending me home, hyung.”

“It is part of my duty. You don’t have to thank me. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Make sure that you’ll won’t be late next time, hyung. We’re lucky that Minki-ssi believed your lie.”

Suho rolled his eyes, “I already told the reason why, and I even had apologized for it. Can you stop bringing up this matter?”

“See you tomorrow, hyung.”

Baekhyun jumped down from the car. He waved his hand before heading towards the lift. Suho shook his head. He drove out of the parking lot.

 


 

Deep inside his heart, Baekhyun was hoping that the moment he open the door, Chanyeol was watching drama or busily cooking in the kitchen while waiting for him to come back, but only dark and silence greeted him.

He headed to the living room. He flopped down on the sofa. He sighed sadly. It had been five years since Chanyeol left him. He doesn’t know how he managed to go through all these years alone.

The apartment without Chanyeol was empty and silent, and the bed without Chanyeol is cold.

He then took the picture frame from the small table beside the sofa.. Among their couple pictures that they had took so far, this picture was his favourite. His head was laying on top of Chanyeol’s shoulder with his eyes close while Chanyeol gave a peace sign and he, too, had his eyes closed. There was blanket to cover their body. That day, his lover was being naughty brat and secretly took this picture.

He caressed the picture gently with a sad smile on his lips. Up until now, he still doesn’t understand why does Chanyeol left him. He could still remember that how happy Chanyeol was after he told him that he finally achieved his dream to become a singer, and his lover didn’t have to suffer anymore. Yet, on the night of his debut stage, he couldn’t spot Chanyeol anywhere inside the studio even though the latter promised that he would come to support him.

He did try to call Chanyeol, but Chanyeol’s phone line had been disconnected. He even asked Chanyeol’s colleagues and Chanyeol’s boss, but no one knew where he was. The last time they saw him was two week ago, and Chanyeol didn’t have any more friends to ask from. That’s when he met the death end.

Small drops of tears fell onto the picture frame.

He loves Chanyeol too much, and he wants him back.

Yeobo, please come back...I miss you so much.

 


 

Chanyeol was munching on potato chips as he waited for the interview to start.  His eyes glinted in excitement and he let out a scream when the person that he had been waiting for finally appeared on the screen.

As usual, Baekhyun looks so hot, he thought as he kept munching on his potato chips.

He was glad that Kris will be home late tonight, thus, he doesn’t have to prepare the dinner nor does he have to endure the endless teasing from Kris. He wanted to watch this interview in peace.

The host asked about anything and everything that they could think of, including Baekhyun’s new song. Chanyeol was smiling with pride as he watched Baekhyun answer most of questions quite professionally. He even laughed when Baekhyun cracked jokes during the interview.

However, it didn’t last long when the camera show Baekhyun up close during the interview. His other fans may not realize it, thinking that the smile on Baekhyun’s lips was very beautiful, but he knew better.

He used to be very prideful that he can read Baekhyun’s expression like an open book. Now, he wished that he couldn’t do so. At least, he wouldn’t know that the smile on Baekhyun’s lips was a fake smile. It just made his heart ached to see that and he knows the reason why.

Baekhyun-ah, please forget about me and move on. I’m not worth it.


Author's note: I'm going to try something different with this story.  Hope all of you like this chapter. :