Chapter 1

Crimson Chaos

Chapter 1

 

I came home to see Simon, my little brother, sleeping on the cold concrete floor with written papers scattered around him.

“He must have been so tired of doing school works, I even bought some food for him..” I mumbled to myself, sighing as I place the paper bag filled with cooked dukbokki on the small table. I carefully lifted Simon up and carried him to our old dusty bed. Before I placed him onto the bed, I swept the dust off with my free hand. I picked up the comforter from our cabinet and placed it on top of my brother.

I changed my clothes, turned the lamp on and did my homework on my study table.

As soon as I saw a cockroach crawling on the table, I smashed it with my slipper.

Oh how I hope that I could kill humans like how I could easily kill insects. Nobody would ever know if it was dead or how it died, plus they’re easy to kill after all.

 

Simon and I are just living in a small house, with no neighbors around us.

 

Why?

 

Because they know what kind of family we are.

 

I was finally done doing my homework. As I was about to sleep right beside my brother, I remembered the paper bag I placed on the table, filled with dukbokki for Simon and I. It turned out I actually forgot to put it in our old fridge, and then I did so.

 

----------o--------

I woke up from the sound of my old alarm clock. Yes, everything here is pretty old. I got into our old bathroom and I actually experienced taking a bath with super cold water, which is just as expected since our house IS old.

When I finished showering (take note, we don’t have an actual shower), I woke Simon up so that he’ll also get ready for school.

I heated the dukbokki that I bought last night, and that’s what the both of us ate for breakfast. After finished eating and washing the dishes, we walked to a bus stop that was a bit far from our house.

Before I went to my class, I brought my brother to his class first and bid my goodbyes to him.

I looked at my watch and it was 6:45 in the morning. As I arrived in my classroom, I opened my book to read since the teacher wasn’t around yet.

“WAHHHH, VICTOR IS HERE!” A girl screamed out loud from the top of her lungs, clearly fangirling.

I looked at our classroom windows near the doors and saw, as they say, the richest and the most handsome guy in our school, walking his gang right near him. This person must be who they call, Victor Lou Forté III from Class 11-B.

I looked down to continue reading my book but all the girls outside were just too noisy, talking about the guy named Victor and it was definitely distracting me. If only I could kill all of these people without anybody knowing.

 

7:00AM. As the teacher finally arrived on time, she hushed all of the students outside and told them to go back to their seats and respective classrooms.

 

Thank God.

 

----------o---------

It was lunch time already so I arranged my things. I definitely need to be in a hurry in order to arrive the cafeteria and buy food, without so many students and teachers around. I walked out of the classroom and proceeded to the corridors to go to the cafeteria but accidentally, I bumped into someone that caused my things to fall on the ground.

“Oh, sorry.” As soon as I realized who it was, Victor apologized as he helped me pick up my stuff.

“Ah, it’s the genius cold-hearted princess from Class 11-A~!” One of his friends commented.

“Shut your mouth, Tim.” Franz, the other one, said.

As soon as I finally picked up my stuff with the help of Victor, I continued to walk to the cafeteria without saying a word to the three of them. Of course, with my things held tightly to my chest.

At least I finally arrived in the cafeteria safe and sound, also without much people around.