Final

One Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an ordinary morning just like any other. I woke up at exactly 8 o'clock, rolled out of bed, and stumbled to the bathroom to pee. After that, I made some coffee, did my makeup, got dressed, and left for the airport. 

A week prior, I had been given the ultimate chance to go to Spain on a business trip. For years, I had been working my off to get this opportunity and I couldn't wait. I was bouncing in my seat all the way to the airport, trying to ignore the odd person getting their Notification of Decease. Every few minutes I could look out the window and see someone looking at their wrist, reading their NoD that told them they now how 10 minutes left of their lifetime, to make the most of it, and then go peacefully. The very last line had to be added a couple of decades ago by the gorvernment after people started rioting during their last minutes and getting last minute revenge on people.

The taxi driver let me out at the airport. I waded through the crowds to my security line, noticing a few people near the boarding gates suddenly turning ashen as their planes were announced as ready for boarding. One guy ran in other direction, thinking he could avoid the inevitable only to trip over his shoelace and tumble to the floor, head smacking into the cement. A few secuity guards crowded around him, calling medics in. 9 minutes later, a high pitched beeping signaled his death.

I was boarded my plane in no time, sitting comfortably in business class thanks to my generous boss. I waited until after take off to fully settle in, taking my shoes off and storing them, getting out my headphones and plug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter