In Hot Water

In Hot Water
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yugyeom’s eyes shot open and he got off his couch quickly to get the door. He had dozed off in the middle of the drama he was watching but he was waiting on a package that day so he didn’t want to miss the delivery person. It was only when he got to the door and looked through the peephole that he realized it wasn’t the delivery person but rather his neighbor from across the hall, Jinyoung.

Momentary panic set in when Yugyeom looked down at his white t-shirt with a large stain from the black bean noodles he had eaten earlier. He knew his hair was probably sticking up in places as well just from the way he had been lying on the couch. He looked like a mess and he didn’t even have time to do anything about it.

There was another knock at the door and Yugyeom just let out a sigh and opened it quickly before he talked himself out of it. As soon as the door was opened he noticed that Jinyoung was in pajamas and slippers with travel bag in his hand.

“Uh, hi hyun-“ “Is it okay if I use your shower, Yugyeom-ah?” Jinyoung interrupted. Yugyeom’s eyes widened and he wasn’t sure what to say for a moment. Unfortunately, he didn’t have time to even process what was going on before Jinyoung started talking again.

“For some reason my hot water isn’t working and I have somewhere to be very soon and I really don’t want to be late. I don’t really talk to anyone else on this floor so I just figured I would ask you if it’s okay if I use yours. I brought my own stuff so I don’t have to use your shampoo or anything. I would really appreciate it, Yugyeomie. Please.” Jinyoung rambled on, and Yugyeom’s mouth felt dry. He was honestly afraid of the words that might escape his mouth if he tried to respond so he just nodded slowly.

He watched as Jinyoung’s eyes lit up and he smiled brightly at Yugyeom. Yugyeom felt flustered and he was still embarrassed being in front of Jinyoung like this, but Jinyoung seemed too preoccupied with getting wherever it was he had to be soon to notice. “I’ll be quick, Yugyeomie! Thank you again for letting me use your shower!” Jinyoung said before taking off through the small hallway toward the bathroom.

Yugyeom sat down and took a drink of water, still slightly stunned. It wasn’t until he heard the water running in the shower that he fully realized the situation he was in. Jinyoung probably felt fine about the situation. He was just using the shower in his neighbor’s apartment. Nothing to worry about. But Yugyeom was freaking out.

The two of them had been across-the-hall neighbors for almost 8 months now, and Yugyeom was harboring a serious crush for every single day of those 8 months.

Yugyeom was already living in his apartment when Jinyoung moved in, and he helped Jinyoung move in. He just happened to be returning to his apartment when Jinyoung was moving a box upstairs and looked like he seriously needed help. Yugyeom wanted to say it’s because he’s a good neighbor and a nice person, but honestly if he had seen Jinyoung through the peep hole that day he might have stayed in all day just out of embarrassment. Jinyoung had him blushing like a school boy that day they met, but luckily Yugyeom could blame the redness displayed across his cheeks on physical exertion and not physical attraction.

And so, 8 months down the line, Yugyeom is still sporting his childlike crush and Jinyoung is still oblivious as ever. The two have never hung out much but they see each other often and Jinyoung has always been friendly to Yugyeom, which honestly made matters even worse.

Yugyeom’s infatuation with Jinyoung was bad enough when it was purely based on the fact that Jinyoung may be the most aesthetically pleasing human being on planet Earth, but when Yugyeom realized how friendly and thoughtful Jinyoung was… well, there was no turning back.

So here he was sitting on his couch, looking like an absolute mess, while the guy he has been in love with for a good part of a year now is in his apartment, in his shower. Not only is he a physical mess but Yugyeom is pretty sure he’s a hormonal mess now too.

Yugyeom decided the best thing he could do in this situation was simply to distract himself until Jinyoung finished up and left, so he went to the kitchen and made some tea before he resumed watching the drama he was watching before he heard the knock on his apartment door.

Luckily he really was really into this drama so it didn’t take long before he managed to get completely lost in it again, effectively drowning out the sound of the water running in the room down the hallway. He didn’t hear when the water stopped running, or even when Jinyoung opened the door to walk into the main living area of the apartment.

Yugyeom’s eyes were glued to the screen when he heard Jinyoung clear his throat and he jumped slightly before he turned to look at the older boy, regretting the decision almost instantly. Jinyoung’s hair was still damp and dripping onto a grey t-shirt that was hugging his torso slightly from also being wet. Yugyeom hoped he wasn’t too obvious as his eyes trailed down lower to the overly baggy black sweatpants and Daffy Duck slippers. Daffy Duck slippers. Yeah, Yugyeom was pretty sure Jinyoung was the cutest person he had ever seen.

“Thanks again for letting me use your shower, Yugyeom-ah! I really appreciate it.” Jinyoung said, running his fingers through his hair and smiling. He looked embarrassed but Yugyeom just chalked it up to the awkward situation they were both in.

“Ah… yeah, you’re welcome hyung. Don’t worry about it. But…” Jinyoung’s lips formed into a tight line but he didn’t look away from Yugyeom. “But what, Yugyeom-ah?” “Where are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter