Knock 6

Knocking On Your Heart

KNOCK 6

It wasn't a dream, nope it wasn't but yet to the author, it was too much of a fantasy to think that it was real. 

Nothing make sense right now and this confusion in him just make it worse as he found himself staring hard at the young president's facial expression to find any trace of it being a joke.

Jackson instantly regretted saying those words upon seeing the pure confusion on the older's face, he quickly puts on a cheeky smile with the intention to break the intensity.

"I'm just kidding, ignore me. I'm just in many thoughts." Jackson muttered out lightly, chuckling but that didn't make Mark feel better, instead he saw those sadness more clearer in his eyes as he masked it with laughter.

Seeing how his words didn't change the look on the author’s face, he slowly got up before joining the other at the couch, staring at the ring right in his grip.

"Does this ring means something? You don't look too good since lunch just now. What's going on?" Mark straight out questioned, he wasn't sure what's was going on but seeing the younger in this slightly depressed state didn't make him feel good.

With many thoughts running through his mind, Jackson knows it's better to share rather than hiding the truth after all it will at least clear his neighbour's confusion on this topic.

"I actually planned for the official proposal today, during this trip because he initially supposed to join me, it was supposed to be a short romantic getaway but things fall apart even before today." Jackson started, looking at Mark whose staring at the ring in his hold now, both knowing who he was talking about.

"He didn't like the idea of marriage nor even an engagement when I tried bringing it up, I didn't thought he would dislike the idea so much considering that he settling down with the person he loves but I was wrong, he choose to put work as the main priority and at that moment I realized, it won't just worked out between us. It was something beyond repair and it was useless of me to hold on. " The younger ended his words with bitterness in his mouth before half smiling at the sighing author 

"It's that the reason why you wanted to just throw it away the moment you saw it?" Mark asked, rubbing circling on Jackson's back in attempt to comfort the poor other.

"I just didn't want to think about it and the fact I forget to tell them that the proposal was canceled so they didn't had to prepare and served that, it was really silly of me. How can I forget something so important?" Jackson sighed, feeling really embarrassed at the fact he forget to cancel his own failed proposal.

Seeing how upset the younger was, Mark reached out for that ring before slowly taking in the design, it was simple but nice and it will be waste to just throw it away.

"Can I keep the ring, I really like it?" The older asked out loud, surprising even himself while Jackson stares at him in surprise.

"You sure? It's not exactly something you wanna keep, especially not with the sad history behind it" Jackson questioned, unsure if it's a good idea to give it to his neighbour.

"Don't worry, I love it and that's all it matter to me and afterall it's better than throwing, it's a waste." The author coolly said, slipping it on perfectly onto his ring finger like as if it was meant to be.

The young president was shocked to see the ring fit on perfectly on the older, he clearly didn't thought that the ring he took months to pick will become something his neighbour love but not his own partner.

"Thank you." Jackson muttered out unknowingly, surprised the lost author who panic the moment he saw the younger teary eyes.

"It feels good to see someone appreciate my effort, it's like at least someone love it enough to wear it." The poor president explained causing a small smile to appears on Mark's face before he pulls in the younger for a big hug.

"You silly, you worked hard and even though it didn't worked out like you planned but at least you wasn't shy about your love towards him and that silly, took true courage. It's something that I wish I had." Mark said, patting the younger's head before letting Jackson to hold on to him a bit longer as tears gushed out at his sweet's words of praises.

“Don’t worry from now on even if the whole world don’t appreciate you, I will therefore you shouldn’t waste your manly tears on a guy like him.” The author said, half teasing the younger who pouted but quickly wipe those tears away.

“You already promised, you can’t back out now. “ Jackson warned childishly, pulling his pinky out for a pinky promise that the older gladly accepted with gleeful chuckle.

“Should I be scared at what I got myself into?” Mark commented playfully which earned a laughter from the other before he  poked the older’s cheek.

“Yes, you can’t escape now. It’s too late.” The young president said, grinning like a child who just blow their birthday candle while Mark could only smile, it’s  great to see that smile back on his face.

“Now that this big baby is feeling better, what do you wanna do? Fun? Relaxing?” Mark asked, liking that new term earning a pout from Jackson but instead of rebutting, he just accepted it and started thinking of activities to do.

“How about trying water skiing by the beach? I bet it’s fun after that we can opt for the seafood dinner by the beach,  romantic right?” Jackson suggested, playfully wiggling his eyebrows like an idiot that got Mark laughing out loud.  

Sharing the laughter, they agreed on the plan before heading out straight for the beach because it’s about  time for fun rather than thinking about their respective ex’s.

It was laughter and fun in the wind and water, both seemingly forgotten at that  moment  they were heartbroken and with scars that are left for them to treat.

When they finally gotten tired, both found themselves seated by the beach while watching the sun beautifully sets with a calm atmosphere surrounding them, Mark almost wanted time to stay still at this moment where everything is perfect and beautiful that he couldn’t ask for more.

“You know, today could be worse but it wasn’t. I’m really grateful to have you here with me, it means the world to me.” Jackson muttered out, loud enough just for the other beside him to hear while eyes still watching the view.

Mark slowly turned to look at the charming individual beside him,  the happiness on Jackson’s face makes his heart swell in happiness.

“If it wasn’t for you, I will probably be stranded somewhere on the street with my bag, I’m the one who should be grateful that I bumped into you here. Thank you, Ka Yee.” Mark said, pouring out his gratefulness to someone who he gotten to know just months ago but treated him a long time buddy.

“Honestly though, I don’t know much about what’s going on between you and that jerk and I’m  not gonna force you to share but if you need somebody, just know that I’m always here for you.” Jackson said, sincerity clear in his voice as he smiles at the older who's clearly touched.

“It’s hard right now for me after going through so much alone but I promise you, one day I will share everything with you.” Mark promised, putting out his pinky that the other immediately hooked on with his own, sealing his promise.

“Now, let’s go and change. We don’t want to be late for our romantic seaside dinner that I booked.” The younger said cheekily before pulling the chuckling older up, off the sand.

It was a perfect for them with a beautiful and delicious dinner waiting for them, it was true happiness for them.

Meanwhile back in Seoul, Jaebum was getting annoyed at the fact that the door he has been ringing, wasn’t being answered for the past hour.

Things hasn’t gotten better with Jackson but he wasn’t the type to give up if not he wouldn’t be Im’s young master, he gets what he wants.

When his calls and texts got ignored, he decided to drop by Jackson’s apartment on the only day that’s he’s free after spending almost two weeks on a case. 

He wasn’t expecting this kind of treatment but with no choice left, he sighed and make his way to the carpark but his trails where stops at the lobby when he heard an exchange between the mailman and a receptionist.

“Don’t worry, Mr Wang’s mails can still be passed to me for the next few days, he still not back from his trip.” The lady assured before signing the delivery slip after receiving a few envelopes from the chirpy man.

“Got it, I will see you again tomorrow. Bye.” The mailman confirmed, packing his bag with the leftover mails before waving goodbye to the receptionist, both unaware about the pair of ears listening to them.

It took a while but it finally hits home, Jaebum totally forgets about the trip he was suppose to join Jackson but with their situation now, that didn’t happen and he feels like crying from all the guilt in him, the guilt of knowing that Jackson had prepared that trip with the intention to propose but he had straight out rejected the younger even before the official proposal.

Jaebum feel useless and guilty, he wants to really fix them but at the same time he couldn’t give Jackson what he wanted because he knows it wasn’t the right time to settle down yet, not when his at his peak, making his family proud by handling the law firm well.

It wasn’t like he didn’t want to marry at all,  just not now but the younger didn’t understand that and he doesn’t know how to make Jackson understands that without overreacting to every single words that came out of his mouth.

Sighing, Jaebum makes his way to the carpark and speeds off, he needs to figure things out and talk it out with Jackson when he returns because the longer the situation left unattended, the harder for the young master Im to move forward with his life.

-----------------------------------------------------

“Hurry up, I’m hungry.” Mark whined like a child making Jackson amused at the cuteness he rarely sees from the usually chill older.

“Here’s our seat, Mr Hungry.” Jackson pointed out after checking the text he had received regarding their reservation, it was one of their popular dinner by the beach thing.

“The view is beautiful.” Mark exclaimed in delight before quickly whipping out his handphone to snap a picture for memories.

“What about me? Let’s take a picture together.” Jackson complained before childishly squeezing himself by the author side with his arm around Mark’s waist, ready for the picture.

Obviously Mark was taken aback by the foreign feeling around his waist, it was new, different but nice so therefore he puts on a smile like the younger and a memory of them was captured by Mark’s handphone.

Another few more poses passed by before their stomach started to do baby growls, signalling it’s time to settle down and wait for their seafood feast.

It was really calming and soothing to just be there, the sounds of waves crashing and followed by the chilly breeze which makes it a night for the two to remember.

While busy enjoying the surrounding, Mark caught a sight of Jinyoung and Yerim walking by the beach with sadness on the female’s face while frustration on the male’s.

He tried to ignore the view and turned his attention to Jackson whose humming, clearly unaware of the pair that’s unfortunately walking their way.

It wasn’t an ideal situation to both pair but sadly Yerim noticed Mark instantly when they passed by Mark’s and Jackson’s table.

“Oh, Mark oppa, Jackson oppa!” Yerim exclaimed in shock, looking at the flusted young president himself before turning her gaze to the awkward smiling author whose busy avoiding Jinyoung’s glare towards them, clearly unhappy at what he sees.

“Jieun, it’s a surprise to meet you here.” Jackson quickly reacted, pretending to be shocked even though he knows of her existence since lunch, after seeing her sharing a table with jerkface here.

“I know, it’s been a while since I last saw you, you didn’t even attend my engagement.” Yerim pouted playfully making Jackson laugh before getting up to give the female a bear hug.

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t make it back to Seoul in time due to work.” Jackson lied, feeling bad towards her who's already like a younger sister to him but that day wasn’t a great day for him to attend a happy event, not when he’s heartbroken that same day.

Instantly Mark knows the younger lied because he met the younger on the same day, it didn’t make sense that he’s away from work but he kept quiet, there must be a reason why he lied.

“It’s alright, I know that you are busy. I’m just so happy to see you here.” Yerim sighed happily, unaware of the intense atmosphere between the guys there.

“I’m glad to see you too, this must be your fiance, the infamous Park Jinyoung right?” Jackson asked, smiling smugly while the poor Yerim just nodded and introduced the love of her life, proudly.

“Yes, this is the man that swept me off my feet. Aren’t his awesome, Oppa?” Yerim said with pride while Mark just stayed quiet, inwardly sighing at the poor kid being lied to by her fiance.

“As long as he makes you happy, I’m glad.” Jackson answered vaguely, making the female a bit lost while Jinyoung inwardly scowled.

“Oh why are you here with Mark oppa? Do you know each other?” Yerim asked, her attention back to the pair as she looks at the author whose thinking hard about every reason possible to say but nothing came out. 

Jackson whose fast to notice the struggle, step in with an intention to burn Jinyoung.

“Actually we are kinda of together, it’s more of me going after him though.” Jackson ‘confessed’, shocking those three for totally different reason.

Yerim didn’t expect that coming from Jackson but seeing Mark, she understands why the older falls for such a perfect man. Jinyoung on the other hand didn’t thought it make sense, Mark is only his while the said man himself just didn’t expect that kind of answer to come out but he don’t hates it.

“Isn’t that great? We can double date, it will be fun. Why don’t we start tonight? Can we join you guys here, we wanted to book a table but it’s full, thanks to someone who forgets about it.  “ Yerim exclaimed excitedly, making Jinyoung groaned inwardly while the other pair share a look, the young president clearly worries about the older.

“Sure, take a seat.” Mark said, masking his uncomfortableness with a smile because he didn’t have the heart to turn down the excited kid, making a move to seat beside Jackson to make space for the pair who ended up settling themselves facing them.

No matter how awkward it gets Mark stay put and goes with the flow like the adult he is, focusing a lot on Jackson while listening to the chatty Yerim while Jinyoung just stares daggers at him.

Before the main dish arrived, Yerim needed the toilet and wanted Jinyoung to accompany her but the young master wasn’t interested in her, he just wanted to scream at the man facing him now.

“Can you go on your own? I want to catch up with Mark for awhile.” Jinyoung replied calmly but his tone wasn’t friendly, puzzling Yerim but the female only nodded dumbly before excusing herself.

Seeing the poor girl, Jackson excused himself to accompany her but not before giving Mark a tight squeeze on his hands, knowing it might be hard for him during the time his gone.

“What is this? I ask you to go home, why are you with him? What is this about you being together with him?” Jinyoung shoots out those questions that’s been bugging him once he’s sure Jackson’s out of earshot.

“Yes, you asked me to go home and I asked you for a break so why can’t I be with him?” Mark snapped back, seriously finding this ridiculous because what part of a break up this idiot didn't understand.

“You can never be with someone else, you only know me and love me. I’m the only person that understand you inside out. You will never be able to move on from me, Marky.” Jinyoung said, trying to reach out for those soft hand rested on the table but the author quickly pull away, annoyed because he didn’t know he’s that pathetic in Jinyoung’s eyes.

“You don’t know me enough, Jinyoung. A guy like you only see things that you wanna see but in reality, your understanding of things is just the surface that you see.” Mark snicked, feeling challenged because this idiot always seems to underestimate him. 

“Oh what are you guys talking about, so intense?” Yerim’s voice breaks the atmosphere as she appears with Jackson, Mark turning to fake a smile like nobody business while Jinyoung stayed quiet, anger still clear on his face.

“Nothing, just the usual stuffs. Jinyoung just being sulky because I didn’t tell him about this guy here.” Mark commented laughing while continuing the best friend facade that Jinyoung obviously didn’t expect.

“Aww, cute. You guys are like little kids, too adorable. Don’t sulk, Oppa.”  Yerim commented blindly which obviously got a fake smile out of her fiance while Mark happily drink his mocktail, winking at the amused Jackson who kinda get the gist of the situation and honestly, he love this side of the author.

The whole dinner when by easier than Mark expected, he just focus on Jackson and ignored the death stares from his ex-lover and before long, dinner ended and they are walking by the beach, enjoying the night view especially the stars in the sky.

“Oh, how about we play a friendly game, whoever can kiss their partner on the cheek for a whole minutes wins and the losers buys breakfast tomorrow? “ Yerim suggested for fun, not thinking much but it was something else for the guys.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea, kid.” Jackson commented, trying to reject the idea so things won’t get akwarder.

“Why? You don’t dare? I thought you guys are in love so why not, prove it?” Jinyoung challenged unexpectedly, looking at Mark and Jackson smugly before giving Yerim a kiss on the cheek for a whole two minutes, making her blush like crazy.

“We did it, how about you guys?” Jinyoung challenged again, confident that it won’t happen, never will and not in a million years.

The author snapped, he had it and it’s enough so without a warning he pulled Jackson by his collar and goes in for a full kiss on the lips, stunning the pair watching them.

Jackson feels like fainting, he didn’t expect this kind of action but he guesses Mark is like a storm that he can never predicts because right now it feels like his heart got swept away by this sweet storm.

“How? Did we won?” Mark asked, looking at the stunned pair after their kiss ended, grabbing Jackson’s hand in his before locking their fingers.

“Well, I guess we won so we will see you guys tomorrow for breakfast. Good night, we got a busy night ahead of us.” Mark smugly excused themselves before pulling the lost young president with him.

Mark Tuan feels good tonight that he shuts Park Jinyoung up but right now he is staring at Jackson who look drunk after a cup of wine that he drank to calm down after the beach situation earlier.

“Ka Yee, you better stops. You are drunk.” The author warned but Jackson just ignores, he needs to deal with those stupid heartbeats.

“You trick me, you meanie.” Jackson murmed out pouting before pulling Mark into his lap before poking his cheeks, clearly unaware that those words makes the older feel bad.

It didn’t take long though before the poking stops and were replaced by a faint snoring coming from Jackson’s who's already fast asleep on his shoulder.

Mark smiled softly, pushing the hair back a bit before poking the younger cheeks back, he took in the sight a bit more before slowly getting up and carrying him to the bed.

He felt sorry for putting the younger through that earlier but he needs to show to that individual that his life still moves on with or without him, he might get hurt but he won’t hang on to something that’s already aren’t his.

The author could only hope that Jackson will not turn awkward because of this, he really didn’t planned to used him but Park Jinyoung just triggered him at that moment and he hopes that didn’t cost him his friendship with the younger if not he would hate himself for life.

Seeing the angelic sleeping face make him smiles and without realizing, he falls asleep by Jackson while zoning out and staring at that cute face.

It was an eventful day, a day where lots of unexpected things happened including an unplanned kiss that causes racing heartbeats to the two individual whose deep asleep side by side.


Hi everyone! Thank you for the long wait, it's been a bit hard to write these days but for the next few chapters, please do anticipate as I already drafted them out so the wait won't be as long as this one. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, I'm sorry if  it's a bit rusty but I worked super hard so give me lots of love and comment for it also I decided to update today because it's Mark birthday so as a gift for you guys haha. Please do enjoy it.

See you guys in the next update, InfinitelyCassie :)