O N E

Unrequited Feelings

" Good morning Chaeyoung-ssi, come on, let's go inside and I'll bring you some clothes. Jeongyeon is worried about you last night." Nayeon crouched down eye level to the girl named Chaeyoung, who's staring at the street blankly. Nayeon painfully thought. How can be this cute baby alone in the street?

No answer from the long-haired girl, Nayeon sighed. She will carry this girl and drag her inside but her heart tells that it's better to convince her nicely. Chaeyoung has been staying in front of her shop since she was 8, torn up clothes and bruises everywhere, Nayeon's mother took care of her until she turned 16.  Chaeyoung accepted her mother, she smiles and nods he her mother smiles and ask her questions, Nayeon was 12 at that time. But once her mother dies because of cancer, Chaeyoung stays again outside, staring blankly at the sky, sometimes at he road itself.

" She's not coming in?" Jeongyeon asked her wife, crouching eye level beside Chaeyoung as she gently ran her fingers through Chaeyoung's soft hair. Chaeyoung flinched at first but her figure relaxed once Jeongyeon carried her to the shop, and prepare her favorite bath, strawberry scented. Jeongyeon carefully pulled up Nayeon's shirt that Chaeyoung actually wears and unclasps her bra and removing all her clothes and undergarments. Jeongyeon is not a ert, she considered this as her routine everyday back when she tried her first time bathing the first time when Chaeyoung was 13. Nayeon watched them with happiness, seeing Chaeyoung finally accepting them. Jeongyeon looked back at her and smiled, carrying the girl to the bathtub. Nayeon follows, as she saw a glimpse of Chaeyoung beaming at the sight in front of her. Jeongyeon noticed it and smiled too, looking at her and Nayeon. Chaeyoung suddenly jumped off and place herself on the bathtub. The couple observed her a short she bathed, when the bubble touched her nose, she giggled like a baby. Chaeyoung looked at them and smiled, showing her deep dimple on her cheek. 

" T-t-h-an-k y-y-ou." Chaeyoung struggles to say her first two words when Nayeon's mother taught her. Nayeon threw herself onto Chaeyoung and hugged her, more like squishing the soul out of her. Jeongyeon laughs and pulled Nayeon out of Chaeyeong. Nayeon sobs happily as she clutch her wet clothes, she never felt like this. Her baby Chaeyoung, was speaking her first two words in her sixteen years of existence.