3am Talk

03:00

03:00 am Talk

Kyungwon secretly glance at the person beside her who has been busy typing and eyeing the computer monitor. She didn’t really understand why she likes the girl who gives her nothing but headaches.

“Stop staring at me.”

Kyungwon’s eyes widen for just a sec as she fake ignorance, “I’m not looking at you it’s just look like it.” She said in a flat tone, earning a fits of chuckle from Minkyung.

“Don’t deny it, you at lying.” The latter said, her hand continue to scroll and type. “How about you play Ed sheeran’s songs for me instead of staring at me.”

Kyungwon scoffed but also did what she was told to do, she grab her phone and went to Spotify and just like a whipped girlfriend to her lover, she start to search for Ed Sheeran and starts to click some of his song. She can’t understand how the girl is head over heels over the guy playing the guitar like why can’t Minkyung be like that to her? She’s always by her side, they see each other every day so why can’t it be her.

Maybe it’s the perfect time for kyungwon to remind Minkyung about the efforts that she’s been doing for the girl. Heck she’s not even used to people telling her what to do but for the girl beside her she’ll do whatever it takes just to make her smile.

“I want to sleep already.” Minkyung murmurs, Kyungwon watch as her friend stretch her long hand and snatched the pen hanging on the collar of her shirt. The nerve Minkyung have to have her pen just like that, it’s like her 10th pen that Minkyung stole from her.

“I feel like dying!” Minkyung suddenly yelled, Thank God it was only the two of them in the office. “I want to go home!”

The urge to squish her cheeks is real for Kyungwon, the girl is squealing so cutely it’s too much for her heart.

“Hey, wait. Why are you ever here? Your out is like 4 hours ago, right?”

Kyungwon rolls her eyes, “You look like you want to have someone beside you an hour ago and as a kind best friend that I am so I stayed.”

 “You’re so cheesy.” Minkyung’s lips curves into a smile before turning her attention back at to the monitor.

Kyungwon can’t help but to smirk, it was obvious that the girl is acting like she’s not sleepy at all too bad her eyes betrays her instead of teasing her she choose not to stand up from her seat,

“I’ll be back” she mouthed.

***

Kyungwon was about to open when she heard Minkyung talking to someone over the phone, She made her way to the seat beside Minkyung and there she slump on her seat. She stare at her shoes ignoring the unwelcomed feeling inside her stomach.

“Where have you been—“

“Who’s that?”

Kyungwon was surprised herself to why she asked that question and how her tone turned out to be aggressive, she mentally slap herself.

“Yebin”

“Oh”

Minkyung playfully raise her brow, “She’s asking me if I ate already” her smiles widen when kyungwon’s face turn sour, “She also tells me to rest cause she don’t want to passed out, isn’t she sweet?”

The way kyungwon behaves cracks Minkyung. “Why are you laughing?” the short haired girl asked, her face challenging the long haired girl.

“Don’t be jealous.” Minkyung teasingly wiggle her brows.

“Who said I’m jealous?!”

“You should’ve seen your face!” Minkyung burst out laughing making Kyungwon scoffed, she was about to open when her phone rings. “Someone’s calling you?”

Kyungwon stops her antics to check her phone, “No, just a message.” She said, her eyes focus on the screen.

Minkyung shrugs her shoulder then went back to continue her work.

“Hey.”

“What?”

“Here” Kyungwon stretch her hand, offering a milk to the girl without taking her eyes off of her phone.

“Thanks”

Little did Kyungwon know, Minkyung is giving her a look.

 

***

Kyungwon checked her phone and realized that it’s already 3 am in the morning and it’s been an hour since she last talked to Minkyung and also the girl beside her already fall asleep. She put her phone over the table before leaning forward to Minkyung.

She stare at the girl’s face ignoring the fact that their face are only inches away from each other. “You are so beautiful.” She said, her eyes traveling from Minkyung’s eyelids to her lips. “Why the hell do I like you so much?”

She mumbles after resting her face in front of Minkyung’s. She’s about to close her eyes and drift to the wonderland when she heard a sweet voice from the not so sweet person in front of her.

“You done talking to xiyeon?”

Kyungwon’s eyes widen, her expression comically stiffen while her heart races. “I—“

“So you like me? Huh?”

How kyungwon wish she has the right word to answer Minkyung’s question.

“You like me even yet you can spend an hour without even looking at me.”

You have no idea how Kyungwon’s heart almost jump out from her ribcage. “W-what the hell are you talking about?”

Minkyung suddenly lean forward, she can hear how kyungwon’s breath hitches, “I don’t think you like me enough to—“

“I like you” Kyungwon breathes almost immediate, “I like you very much.” Her eyes locks to Minkyung’s, “I like a little bit too much.”

“Then why didn’t you even check me when xiyeon—“

“Don’t you dare question my feelings for you ‘cause heck I hate you so much for making me feel things, you even make me do things that I don’t do before. Don’t ask me to tell you the things why I like you because a day or even a week isn’t enough for me to finish my ‘the reasons why I love you’ speech—I know I’m blabbering so much and—WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING KIM MINKYUNG?”

“You are so cute, you know” She cheekily smile at Kyungwon who has her cheeks burning red. “If you want to date me just ask me, it isn’t that hard you know”

Kyungwon can’t help to scoff, “Why did I even fall for a girl like you?”

“Because you said it yourself, you like me.”

“I know, how I wish—“Kyungwon didn’t have the time to finish her sentence when Minkyung’s index finger shut her by placing it on her lips.

“You can’t take it back.” Said the girl with so much meaning in her eyes. “Don’t take it back.”

Kyungwon’s smiles as she move forward and kiss the girl’s forehead. “Stupid.”

It wasn’t I love you or kiss on the lips but heck it’s weigh as much as that,  Minkyung thought as her smile mirror’s kyungwon’s.

 

---

Kyungwon doesn’t even believe in forever cause that word is so cheesy and realistic but just  when Minkyung enters the picture—maybe people like Kyungwon aren’t meant to believe in forever until she meet someone who make her believe in everything—and maybe this time it’s safe to say that Minkyung is her everything.

 

She opens her eyes and was surprised that Minkyung is also staring at her.

Kyungwon doesn’t believe in forever

Until she met her

Never in her life that she’s been more glad to have been wrong.