code sticky icky

Exo House
Please log in to read the full chapter

Why was Baekhyun even considering taking this job? He didn’t know. Well, actually he did. It’s because having a degree means nothing in this stupid country, because of that he’s unable to get a freaking job. But after having experienced job interview after job interview after job… you get the point. He just wanted a job. This job is only going to be a temporary thing for money while he continues to search. What was the job? Being a maid in a small hotel.

 

He reached the top of the hill in the small town close by the sea where the hotel is located at. He’s never been there. Why would he? He lives close by. He could probably see his house from one of the rooms.

 

He passed a sign that said ‘The Exo House’.

 

              That has got to be the dumbest hotel name ever. The owner doesn’t have a lot of imagination it seems.

 

He entered inside the small white hotel to see the lobby in front of him. He walked up to the young boy sitting behind the lobby.

 

              Shouldn’t this kid be in school? Child labor. Baekhyun concluded

 

The guy kept his head down and ignored the person in front of him which was Baekhyun in case you forgot. Baekhyun cleared his throat to get the younger’s attention. The guy lifted his index finger to silence him while he kept scribbling something on paper.

 

In the meantime another guy walked behind the lobby. “Excuse me.” Baekhyun said to the tanned fellow.

 

              “Him. Not me.” the tanned dude said while pointing at the other guy before leaving to the room behind the lobby.

 

              “Excuse…” began Baekhyun but was silenced again with a raised hand by the guy.

 

The lobby phone started to ring and he heard a loud sigh escape the receptionist’s mouth. He let it ring at least ten times before answering it. “Exo house reception, how can I help you?”

The guy answered every once and a while with an ‘Okay.’ or with ‘I understand.’ and ended the call with “I’ll see to it, Madam. Have a nice day.”

 

              “Who was it?” the tanned guy asked after appearing to the scene again with a bottle of water.

 

              “Dunno.”

 

              “What did she want?”

 

              “Dunno.”

 

              “You weren’t listening?”

 

              “Nope. But look I jutht finished drawing thith unicorn.”

             

              “OMG! It looks amazing!”

 

              “I know right.”

 

Baekhyun still stood there. He looked around to found someone else to help him. Is this normal? He thought to himself as the two were busy discussing the shadowy features at the unicorn’s legs.

 

              “Can you please help me here?!” snapped Baekhyun.

Please log in to read the full chapter