5. Lies

I'm in love with you (And all your little things)

Myungsoo watched Sungyeol’s face change it’s emotions but he’s certain about one emotion that passed through the taller’s face: its confusion.

 

Confusion remains constant in Sungyeol’s face and it scares him. It’s scary to watch the face of the one you’ve been longing for to actually be confuse of what to tell you after you confessed everything to them and to make it all worst, it’s not just an ordinary someone for Myungsoo…

 

It’s Lee Sungyeol. His best friend. The one he can never live without. The one he loves the most and will never be wanted to be out of his life. For him, Sungyeol is clearly an addiction. A drug that goes through his veins effortlessly. And for Myungsoo to continue taking that kind of drug is rather slowly killing him.

 

Yup, it’s killing him.

 

He doesn’t have a place to go if Sungyeol were to be gone. He’s not sure how to live without him in general. He started his life with Sungyeol and he wanted to keep it at that for as long as it takes.

 

He could be selfish for all he care, but Sungyeol is his though it’s one hell of an unofficial claim.

 

So he sighs and let it all go. Not wanting to push everything at the same time to Sungyeol. The last thing he wants is hurting the one he loves.

 

If Sungyeol isn’t ready, then he’s not ready. He won’t push it.

 

So Myungsoo walks towards his bed and took the now empty glass from Sungyeol earning the other to look at him and he just smiled and ruffled the taller’s hair.

 

“You know, it’s a school day. I don’t want you to be late or you’ll taint your clean record –“

 

Before he could even finish that one sentence, Sungyeol is screaming and running away from him but was also telling him to hurry up so they could go together.

 

Myungsoo looks down at his own hands, where Sungyeol’s scent lingers. It’s suffocating but it feels good…

 

But why are the tears falling from his eyes?

 

Why?

 

Because he clearly did something he shouldn’t have and the result is him the only one hurting.

 

Everything about Sungyeol is drowning him and he doesn’t mind it a bit.

 

-

 

Sungyeol watched as Myungsoo play around with the other guys in their class in the soccer field. He stayed to watch the younger’s things and he’s being such a good best friend as he held tightly onto Myungsoo’s jacket.

 

Well, of course everyone is there watching that rascal do his thing on the field. But what irritates him is Sungjong also being there though he’s with his own classmates.

 

That day is field day for Sungyeol and his class. That means, they’re allowed to play whatever sports they want as long as it’s with the whole class. And whole class it is, with the girls screaming like there’s no tomorrow and the guys enjoying themselves.

 

He’s enjoying with his own little world as he gets drunk over Myungsoo’s scent and never did he looked at his and Myungsoo’s phone very couple-y just by being beside one another, until someone sits beside him.

 

A very sweaty Woohyun.

 

“You don’t wanna play?”

 

“Don’t wanna sweat.” He said scrunching his nose. “Ew Woo, you smell gross.”

 

“Yah, how dare you? I smell like a baby!”

 

“Shut up.” He said before giving him his towel and his phone. “Nice teamwork back there.”

 

“Thanks.” Woohyun smiled sheepishly as he watches the guys on the field. “My offer for Myungsoo to be on the team still stands.”

 

“Let me guess, he still doesn’t want it?”

 

Woohyun nods and lay down on the grass. “Can you convince him for me? I mean, I know he would say yes if you say so. After all, he’s all if Sungyeol say so I will right?”

 

He rolled his eyes. “That ain’t working all the time, Woo.”

 

“But you haven’t even tried yet.” Woohyun sits up. “We need Myungsoo on the team, Yeol.”

 

“And he doesn’t want to be on your team, Woo.” He held up Myungsoo’s towel as the younger sits back down beside him. “And there’s no way I can convince someone who doesn’t want to do something.”

 

“But it’s Myungsoo.” Woohyun whines some more making the younger beside Sungyeol smirks. “Oh , I hate you dude.”

 

Sungyeol then give Myungsoo his water bottle. “You should think about it, Myung. I bet it’ll kill some of your time waiting for me to be out of office.”

 

Myungsoo abruptly turns to him but with the straw still intact with his mouth and if that isn’t sinful, Sungyeol wonders what is. “I don’t wanna. Photography club is enough.” He said rather firmly. “And besides, you keep on telling me not to, right? You said these girls –“ a girl came to them and gave Myungsoo a juice and suddenly run away back to her friends not even waiting for Myungsoo to say his thanks. “- won’t stop bugging me. Remind me to thank her later. Here Woo, catch!”

 

Woohyun thank those fangirls sometimes though they could be annoying most of the time. Myungsoo knows better and sparing his life is his priority so drinking the drink given to him in front of Sungyeol who saw that interaction is a no-no thank you very much.

 

When Myungsoo gets up, Sungyeol follows and Woohyun who’s the one finishing the juice once again, annoyed with his two friend’s stupidity, follows them.

 

“Ah!” the youngest of them exclaimed before turning around to them with his palms clasped together. “I have something to do. I need to help my members for the upcoming photography showdown. I have to accompany the younger ones so... you two go back without me and I’ll see you after lunch.”

 

“Wait! Myung...soo.” Sungyeol watched his friend’s back leave and sigh. “That . He promised to buy me cream puffs.”

 

“So Yeol...”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“What happened?”

 

Sungyeol then stood frozen. He knows exactly what Woohyun curious is of and he can’t do anything but to look at his friend dejectedly. “I messed up... I feel like I’ve made him do what he doesn’t want to do.”

 

“And that is?”

 

“I don’t know... not ask me?”

 

“Why? Did you show him your scared face?”

 

“Maybe. I don’t really know Woo... I just know that I messed up.”

 

Woohyun sighs in frustration. “So that’s the reason why he’s off somewhere. He was playing well but at the same time, his plays are a mess. It’s out of his usual playing style.”

 

Sungyeol looks up to the sky feeling all frustrated and crouch on the floor with his hands going around his face. “I just... I don’t know how to talk about it with him, okay? But one thing I’m sure is he wants me too... like what you and Sunggyu-hyung told me. And the extreme want to have him all for my own gets too extreme inside me but I can’t do anything about it at all.”

 

“Dude, how many times do I have to tell you? Myungsoo has always been the one waiting here. He’s been very showy of his own affection to you. It’s you who’s trying to act like you don’t notice it at all.”

 

“Can you blame me? Woohyun, you know I want him since – I don’t know – I did my best to return everything to him in full though it’s not as visible as he does it to me.  I love him so much Woo... there’s no way I can probably tell him to just be mine after everything right?”

 

“Then tell him you love him and then after that ask him you want him to be yours...” Woohyun sighs exasperatedly. “Words, Sungyeol... use your words and you’ll have everything about Myungsoo. You just have to tell him dude.”

 

--

 

Myungsooo who came in late is accompanied by a classmate – specifically, a girl classmate – making Sungyeol’s attention turn to where Myungsoo is.

 

That girl she was with is nice; she’s very sweet and caring to everyone. She’s their class’ muse. And if Sungyeol isn’t there beside Myungsoo, she’s probably the next one to stand beside Myungsoo.

 

Kim Doyeon. Yeah, she’s that girl.

 

“So tell me if you need your own copy for the new members.”

 

“Yes, thanks so much, Doyeon.”

 

The girl fidgets in front of Myungsoo, blushing for something that’s probably Myungsoo is unknown of.

 

Everyone looks at those two as the campus best couple and yes, despite the presence of Sungyeol, they still do. Well, they’re perfect visually. What more if they really become a couple? Sungyeol isn’t the type to actually stop his friend from falling but...

 

Not until they kissed last night. Not until Myungsoo made him feel that it’s okay for them to do those things; that he’s his alone.

 

So yeah, seeing Myungsoo actually looking at Doyeon very fondly is not good for his heart. It makes him want to burn her.

 

“Myungsoo...” Doyeon called when Myungsoo starts to walk away with a paper on his hand and Sungyeol cussed lowly but is heard by Woohyun who’s been watching with amusement with the taller’s emotion changes every passing second.

 

“Yeah?” Myungsoo said.

 

All attention is on the pair especially Doyeon’s friends. And that is when Sungyeol realized what she’s up to.

 

Oh no .

 

“Get back to your seats. The classes is about to start.” He said making everyone turn to him.

 

Woohyun almost laugh but stopped himself not to. His bestfriend has been gripping hardly on the pencil and he doesn’t seem to realize it on his own.

 

Doyeon pouts and that was when her friends speak up. “We have a self-study time, Yeonnie! Go for it!” one friend urges and Sungyeol nearly throws the pencil on her face.

 

But then Myungsoo stops him by sitting beside him as if he didn’t care that Doyeon was about to tell him something other than what concerns their club.

 

“Put the pencil down, Yeol.” Myungsoo warns as he sits beside him.

 

“I am not –“

 

“Yeah, sure you’re not.” Myungsoo smiles wickedly and turns to him. “Yeol, is it okay if you go home without me?”

 

“Why?”  he asked, turning to Myungsoo as the teacher enters.

 

“I have something up after class. I won’t be able to stay here and wait for you.”

 

“Why? Where are you going?”

 

“Me and Doyeon are buying new films after class. We need a new one so... do you mind?” Myungsoo this time turns to him and Sungyeol suddenly feel like choking.

 

Why does even he turning to me kill me?

 


“No I don’t.” Is what he hears himself saying. “What time will you get back?”

 

“We’ll be quick. So –“

 

“Just you two?” he interrupts and Myungsoo started on biting his lower lip. “Don’t even think about lying right now. I’ll kill you.”

 

“I wasn’t about to... and yes, it’s just us two –“

 

“Woohyun is coming with you guys. He got nothing to do.”

 

Woohyun turns to them and mouthed, “I am?”

 

And Sungyeol mouthed back, “Yes.” With matching intense eye contacts.

 

Their teacher starts glaring at their side making them shut up but that didn’t stop Myungsoo on placing his hand over Sungyeol’s leg, making him tense suddenly.

 

“Okay... Woohyun-hyung is coming.”

 

And Sungyeol ended up nodding and smiling like a complete idiot.

 

--

 

Just as the bell rang, Sungyeol is fast in pushing himself to the windows just to see the front gate where three of the members of their student council is standing. He first saw Woohyun who looks up to where he is and give him a finger heart whatever, he snorts.

 

Myungsoo came a little second later and like Woohyun, he looks up to where he is and smiles. He was about to return that gesture but Doyeon is there beside him as soon as he came. And he once again recognize the feeling: JEALOUSY in all caps.

 

Sungyeol pull away from the windows and Myungsoo saw his face before he turn away, making the younger stop waving his hand and passed his bag to Woohyun.

 

“I forgot something. I’ll be quick.”

 

“Wha- hey!”

 

Doyeon call out on him but he didn’t stop running back. Their teacher in their PE Class call him to scold him but even that didn’t stop him.

 

He needs to get to Sungyeol and fast.

 

Sungyeol at that moment fishes his phone out of his pockets to message Myungsoo stops as the door burst open.

 

“Myungsoo? What are you doing here?” he hid back his phone. “I thought you guys are –“

 

“I’ll go back here.”

 

Sungyeol paused. “What?”

 

“I’ll go back here right after I’m done shopping with them. And I’ll keep Woohyun-hyung between us.”

 

“Myungsoo, you’re rambling –“

 

“Maybe. But I’ll go back here. So wait for me. Okay?”

 

Sungyeol ends up nodding as Myungsoo goes closer to him only to cup his face. “I’ll wait here...”

 

That makes Myungsoo smile and pull away. “I’ll get going now then. I’ll be back.”

 

Sungyeol said yes and he’s out of the door again.

 

Sungyeol find himself leaning against the window again and this time, with a smile as Myungsoo gives him one last glance before following Woohyun and Doyeon out of the school gates.

 

“-sident!”

 

Sungyeol jolts back to reality and faces their SC’s vice president.

 

“Ah... what?”

 

“Are you okay?”

 

He clears out his throat and nods though he knows it tells her otherwise. “Yeah... I’m fine.”

 

--

 

It’s seven o’clock on the dot and Myungsoo sees himself standing beside Woohyun with two paper bags at hand near the subway station. Woohyun, out of chivalry, decided to walk Doyeon back but he said no because it’s ing seven o’clock and Sungyeol is probably still back in their school, waiting for him because he asked him to.

 

Woohyun understanding this said he’ll walk Doyeon back alone which the girl said no to because she said she’ll be fine alone.

 

Doyeon turn around again and look at Myungsoo who’s been on his phone. “I’ll get going now... thank you for walking me back.”

 

Woohyun elbows Myungsoo who almost let his phone go. “Ouch! What – Oh... yeah. Um, be careful on your way back.” He said just because Woohyun glares at him.

 

Doyeon nods, understanding. “See you two tomorrow.”

 

Myungsoo nods and was ready to go when a hand stop him making him turn back only to get himself surprise because of the soft lips pressed against his own lips.

 

.

 

“Bye.” Doyeon smiles at him and she soon run her way to the train station.

 

Woohyun’s eyes widen as Myungsoo stood frozen for a second. Even after his lover showed up beside him, they’re both frozen.

 

“Did I just saw someone kissed you Myung?” Sunggyu asked teasingly. “Wait till Sungye-“

 

Both Myungsoo and Woohyun stopped Sunggyu from messaging Sungyeol.

 

“You will not.”

 

“Don’t!”

 

Three pair of eyes watches as Sunggyu’s phone screen gets cracked all over for Woohyun’s sudden action of hitting it.

 

“.” Myungsoo cussed.

 

“I didn’t mean to –“

 

“Wait till Sungyeol find out about this now more than ever, Nam Woohyun.”

 

--

 

Thankfully, Woohyun begged Sunggyu not to tell Sungyeol until Myungsoo does. The couple is sure that he’ll tell him one way or another. But the truth is... Myungsoo is not sure himself.

 

When he slides the door open, Sungyeol raised his head from reading a book. “About time.”

 

He hesitantly walks closer to Sungyeol. “I bought you your Iced Americano.” He said.

 


“Thanks.” Sungyeol eyed him suspiciously as he takes a sip from his Iced Americano. “What’s wrong with you?”

 

“Nothing.” Myungsoo said too fast. “Let’s go.”

 


“I’ll just grab my things.”

 

As soon as they’re on their way back, they talk about the usual nothing they talk about. How their day went and if they’re leaving their houses together tomorrow. Until Sungyeol starts asking that is.

 

“So...”

 

It’s coming. He’ll know when I’m hiding something.

 

“What happened? You’re hiding something from me aren’t you?”

 

Myungsoo stops and its funny how they stopped in front of the playground gates where they usually standby. Sungyeol watch him and Myungsoo knew it... that stare from Sungyeol means speak or you’re dead.

 

“Nothing happened.” He said and tried to walk pass through Sungyeol only to be stopped by the taller.

 

“You’re lying Myungsoo.”

 

“I am not.”

 

“Then why do you keep on looking away from me? You can’t look at me in the eye, Myung.”

 

“Sungyeol please... let’s just go home. We’re both tired alrea –“

 

“Are you sure it’s not something I should feel bothered about?”

 

Myungsoo didn’t say anything as Sungyeol look into his eyes as if he’s trying to figure him out. Sungyeol has always been good in reading people; especially when it’s Myungsoo. He can never lie, nor can he hide. Every move he does is well-read by the other. And he fear the day Sungyeol could see right through him and his feelings. But there’s no point in hiding it anymore for he actually, finally told Sungyeol what he feels. But right now, as he nods and smiles at Sungyeol, he knew that this lie he just told Sungyeol will be forever haunting him.

 

“It’s nothing. It’s not something you should feel bothered about Sungyeol.”

 

--

 

“Woohyun, he lied to me.”

 

Woohyun who was drying off his hair that night jumps in place as he hear Sungyeol’s muffled voice under his covers.

 

“Why are you here? And who the hell let you in? And who lied to who?” he asked continuously as his friend starts to get up from his bed, eyes swollen from obvious crying. “Actually, don’t answer the last question... Myungsoo lied to you I bet.”

 

Sungyeol nods and pats the spot beside him and Woohyun sits there, aware that they’re inside his room and he shouldn’t be the one asking to go and sit down.

 

“He didn’t know Sunggyu-hyung texted me about the kiss... I was so sure he’d tell me... but he didn’t – don’t fight Sunggyu-hyung for telling me... I deserve to know.”

 

Woohyun stops typing a message and faces his friend. “Dude you don’t.” Woohyun says, emotionless. “If Myungsoo were kissed by someone, you don’t deserve to know that. Like how he doesn’t deserve to know your affairs – I’m not saying you have one – but just a reality check for you, you’re his bestfriend. Nothing more. Nothing less. And the more you act like you don’t like him back like that, then you don’t deserve to act like this right now just because he was kissed by Doyeon.”

 

“What a nice way to things more, Woohyun. Aren’t you my bestfriend too?”

 

“I am, that’s why I’m telling you this. You acting oblivious will get you nowhere. You know that.”

 

“I know that.” Sungyeol snaps, irritated now more than ever. “But it’s not that easy! You know how I’m scared of –“

 

“Scared of what? Admitting that you like him more than he likes you? Sungyeol, you should feel more scared of losing him not when you tell him.” Woohyun let out a exasperated sigh. “You two are so frustrating.”

 

Woohyun gets up from his bed and approach his study table. “Now, unless you figure things out on your own, stop talking to me. I do need to study.”

 

“Woo...”

 

But his bestfriend didn’t look back at him as he plugs his earphones. Sungyeol sighs and lay down on Woohyun’s bed again.

 

Woohyun is right in every angle.

 

Myungsoo and him... they’re nothing.