Forever

Our Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wow," I exclaim, staring out at the huge audience awaiting our stage. It's almost been five months since our debut and now the year is coming to an end. It truly has been a successful year, which is the sole reason I want to go out there and give it my all. This will be Black Pink's last performance of 2016. Goodness... All we've been having so far have been "firsts" - to think that a new list of "lasts" are starting... It causes the nerves in my stomach to intensify.

"Alright team, bring it in," Jennie calls out to the rest of us. Lisa moves out of a stretching pose and Rose pauses while going through the dance performance to join the huddle. I step back from the curtain and allow Jennie to place her arm around me from one side and Rose from the other. We huddle in as though this is an American football team preparing a play.

Jennie smiles a smile I'm all too familiar with. She's nervous, but so are the rest of us, and through her nerves she's reassuring us. And in this huddle I feel as though we have become one through our debut and my nerves quell. So this is what it means to be an idol? A team?

"We've made it," Is all Jennie says before we're looking at one another individually and giggling for no apparent reason. Rose lets out a sob, causing the rest of us to protest. Seeing Rose tear up has my eyes stinging with the threat of a similar fate, but I refuse to cry now. Now is not a time to cry. 

"Rose, get it together," I scold endearingly, patting the tiny-waisted girl on the . "Let's get ready to show the world who we are."

Rose lets out a puff of breath but smiles, dabbing at the corner of her eyes so as not to ruin her make-up. The loud music in the background dims down and suddenly the staff unnies are rushing us out of the curtains into our spots. I can feel my heart beating all throughout my body but all I can think of is not messing up, not with so many people watching me - expecting me to mess up. I have to prove myself.

The lights on stage light up and our song plays. The audience is screaming and the music is so loud it reverberates in my chest and makes my stomach jump to the beat. Everything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter