I pick you

A psycho and a sociopath

I pick you

Uploaded on: 20.02.2018

2'234 words

Author's note: THIS IS A PRODUCE101 AU. So Sung Ryong and Seo Yul will be trainees who go on pd101 :')) If you haven't watched the show, it might be a bit confusing. But I don't think I've included too many elements from the show so it should be still understandable nevertheless! I rly hope you like it bc this was so much fun for me to write :')

 

Loud music was blaring from the boxes. Seo Yul was sitting on the ground, trying to catch his breath. He had been training non-stop for the past six hours and hence, he was feeling exhausted as hell. But he knew. He knew he had to train even more. He wanted to become an idol; he had made up his mind ten years ago during a dance competition in his last year of junior high. But here he was now, 24 years old and still a trainee under TQ entertainment.
 

A long sigh escaped Seo Yul's lips. He stood up and turned off the music, enjoying the silence. Then, he let himself fall to the ground again and lay there for what felt like an eternity. His body felt numb and  he slowly drifted to sleep, ignoring the fact that his body will feel even more sore the next day.
 

-
 

Something touched Seo Yul's arm. No, somebody touched his arm.
 

"Heeey. You still alive?"
 

Seo Yul grunted in response, slowly opening his eyes and immediately regretting it. Two big eyes were staring directly into his. They were maybe two inches apart from each other. Seo Yul, clearly suprised, jerked away. The other man in front of him just grinned.
 

"I'm Sung Ryong. You must be Seo Yul, right?"
 

Seo Yul didn't respond. An awkward silence followed and Sung Ryong started pouting.
 

"Don't you know how to speak or something?"
 

Again, Seo Yul didn't give a response. He gave the man in front of him a glare instead. Sung Ryong surrended his hands in defeat.
 

"Alright, alright, sleeping beauty. If you don't wanna talk, so be it."
 

"Can't you just shut up for a minute?"
 

Seo Yul had enough. Sleeping on the cold and hard ground was a really bad idea, he noticed. Everything was hurting, from his feet to his head. And Sung Ryong's cheery voice only worsened his mood right now.
 

"Oh, so you do know how to talk! You shouldn't hide that beautiful voice of yours!"
 

Sung Ryong winked at Seo Yul and the latter lay down again, wishing that the ground would swallow him this instant.
 

Meet Sung Ryong, the new trainee at TQ entertainment.
 

-
 

"Sweetieee, I've got our drinks!"
 

"Thanks."
 

It had been three months since their first encounter and by now, Seo Yul was used to Sung Ryong's playfulness. He didn't even bother with getting angry at the nicknames Sung Ryong would come up with on a daily basis. Because clearly, that idiot didn't know the word "give up". That much, he had learned while living in the same dorm. Seo Yul shuddered as he remembered the mornings with Sung Ryong in his bed, his body engulfed in Sung Ryong's arms. He sighed. This idiot had no boundaries after all.
 

"So, are you nervous?" Sung Ryong asked.
 

"Hm?"
 

"The audition, I mean. Produce 101 is nearing and we have to send in our videos for the audition." Sung Ryong continued, clearly more excited than Seo Yul.
 

"Oh, that. Well, I guess. I feel like it's my last chance at debuting. I don't think TQ is planning to debut me any time soon."
 

Sung Ryong observed Seo Yul with sad eyes. He knew Seo Yul was hurting even though the younger liked to keep his emotions hidden. He could see through his facade and he didn't like it. No, he hated the fact that Seo Yul was suffering. So, Sung Ryong made it to his duty to make Seo Yul smile as often as he could. (Not that he liked his smile or anything.)
 

"Cheer up!" Sung Ryong enthusiastically declared, before taking Seo Yul's hand.
 

"Disgusting." Seo Yul answered back with a voice that clearly lacked any enthusiasm.
 

Sung Ryong hit his head, grumbling something along the lines "I was just trying to help" and the music. It was time to train again. Seo Yul joined him shortly after.
 

-
 

Both of the TQ trainees got through the auditions. There was not much time left before the filming of the first episode would come up. Sung Ryong and Seo Yul had been training day and night for the upcoming performance. And when they should be resting, they would watch clips from the first season to see what was roughly awaiting them.
 

"My legs are killing me!" Sung Ryong complained with a groan.
 

He was sitting on the ground, his legs spread in front of him. Seo Yul, without saying anything, started slowly massaging Sung Ryong's legs. The latter's eyes widened in surprise but he remained silent. He observed how Seo Yul's hands gently moved around his legs. Then, he swallowed. He was enjoying this far more than he should. And it was not only the massage that he enjoyed but rather the fact that Seo Yul was willingly touching him. The younger's hands moved upwards to Sung Ryong's thighs and Sung Ryong shuddered. He suddenly found himself wishing for more. But before his impure thoughts could continue, Seo Yul stopped with his work and stood up, stretching his arms.
 

"Come on, you're fine now. Turn on the music."
 

Sung Ryong nodded, still in daze. Rather than turning on the music, he would like to see Seo Yul getting . He let out a low chuckle at his own imagination but came back to his senses after earning a short glare from said man. With that, they started dancing their routine for probably the 101th time today.
 

-
 

"3, 2, 1. Hello, we are the TQ entertainment trainees, Sung Ryong and..."
 

"Seo Yul."
 

"Please take care of us!" Sung Ryong finished their introduction and both trainees bowed in front of the judges.
 

Today was the day. Now was the moment. Sung Ryong and Seo Yul would finally perform what they had been training until now: TT by Twice. It wasn't something that Seo Yul was too keen on performing but the director had proposed it since it was a popular song at the moment. And of course Sung Ryong immediately started thinking that it was the greatest idea ever so here they were.
 

-
 

"A... There is none."
 

Sung Ryong flashed a little glance at Seo Yul but the younger showed no expression. To be honest Sung Ryong was taken by suprise. Not that he expected to get rank A - he hasn't been a trainee for a long time anyways - but he was sure Seo Yul would.
 

"Moving on to B. TQ, Seo Yul."
 

Seo Yul made a little bow and thanked the judges.
 

"You should work on your face expressions. Show some emotions while dancing and maybe smile a little. It will work wonders, believe me. You have great visuals after all." One of the judges stated.
 

"I understand. Thank you." Seo Yul replied but there was still no sign of a smile on his face. The judge laughed at that and commented what a funny guy Seo Yul was.
 

"And lastly TQ, Sung Ryong... D."
 

"Thank you very much." Sung Ryong bowed politely a few times before walking outside with Seo Yul right in front of him.
 

Once outside, the two trainees plastered their respective rank stickers onto their clothes.
 

"I can't believe they thought you are the funny guy! I mean, come on, that would be me obviously!" Sung Ryong exclaimed, totally oblivous to the fact that they were followed by a cameraman. Seo Yul was aware of all the cameras and only shrugged.
 

At that time, none of them expected that this moment would air on the first episode and start a a wonderful ship.
 

-
 

For the very first mission, the Group Battle, the two TQ trainees ended up in different groups. Sung Ryong was supposed to cover 2PM's 10 out of 10 and Seo Yul Hello by SHINee. Of course, he wasn't really content with the fact that he had to do a cutesy concept. Again. But nevertheless, he quickly had the choreograhy mastered and even helped his fellow team members. During his breaks, he also visited Sung Ryong and tried to help him since he knew most of the 2PM choreos.
 

On the day of the performance, it was no suprise that Seo Yul's group won against the other group and that Seo Yul even placed first in his team. Sung Ryong's group won as well with him placing third in his team.
 

-
 

Seo Yul and Sung Ryong's ranks never seemed to decrease. They were constantly in the top20 with Seo Yul even once entering the top 11 at place 9. That they were a popular ship amongst the fans was only another factor for their popularity. And when the two TQ trainees ended up in the same group during the next mission, the fans went wild. Their group would cover Spring Day and Sung Ryong immediately proposed Seo Yul as the center when their group had sat down to discuss and settle everyhting. Nobody opposed. In the end, Seo Yul and Sung Ryong got first and third place respectively again.
 

It came to no one's suprise that Seo Yul and Sung Ryong ended up in the same team again for the Concept mission. The fans, after all, had decided the groups. The two of them were in the I Know You Know group and secured the third place of all the five groups with 303 points.
 

-
 

The time had passed way too fast. Everything that happened in the last few months really felt only like a dream. It was already time to film the last episode. The live show. Sung Ryong and Seo Yul had both made it to the finale, with Seo Yul placing 11th and Sung Ryong 14th during last week's episode. Sung Ryong really hoped Seo Yul would stay at that spot and make it to the debut group. He didn't want to get seperated but at the same time he knew that Seo Yul deserved it more than anyone else.
 

When BoA announced the ranks and Seo Yul wasn't any of the first ten, Sung Ryong started to worry. Seo Yul had to be 11th then, right?
 

"Now, the four contestants for the 11th spot will be shown on the screen."
 

Sung Ryong hold his breath. Please, please, please. As he was letting out his breath, the screen suddenly showed four faces. He first saw Kim Jonghyun and Ha Sungwoon. As soon as his eyes landed on Seo Yul's face though, he let out a relieved sigh. He then looked for the last contestant and saw Kim Sung Ryong... It was him. Sung Ryong himself was a contestant for the 11th rank. His mouth dropped open and he immediately glanced at Seo Yul who was already looking at him, equally suprised. But then he smiled and reached out his hand to grab Sung Ryong's.
 

"Disgusting." Sung Ryong quietly murmured so only Seo Yul would hear him. The younger's smile widened and Sung Ryong couldn't help but smile as well - especially after the fans went like "awww" at them holding hands.
 

"Rank 14... Kim Jonghyun!"
 

Everyone in the audience gasped. Heck, everyone around the world who was watching the live show gasped. The nation's leader didn't make it? The TQ trainees didn't have a lot of time to dwell more about it though because BoA was already announcing the next rank.
 

"... Kim Sung Ryong!"
 

Sung Ryong felt how Seo Yul tightened his grasp on his hand and the older moved his thumb gently over Seo Yul's hand in response. This was okay. Everything was fine. Sung Ryong hold a short speech while showing his famous grin.
 

"We have two contestants left now but only one of them will make it. Who will it be? And the last contestant who will join Wanna One as the 11th member is... Ha Sungwoon!"
 

For a moment, Sung Ryong couldn't breathe. What? Everyone around him moved to hug Sungwoon, even Seo Yul was clapping and congratulating him. But Sung Ryong just stood there for a few seconds, not understanding. BoA was supposed to call Seo Yul. He was so sure that his friend and lowkey crush would succeed. But nevertheless, he finally smiled and engulfed Sungwoon in a hug. Sungwoon, as every other trainee as well, trained hard and deserved this spot. Sung Ryong was happy for him, really. It just made no sense to him why someone like Seo Yul... Someone as perfect as Seo Yul wouldn't debut... There was one thing in this world that Sung Ryong wanted more than anything: Seo Yul's happiness.
 

At that time, he didn't know that Seo Yul would only be happy with Sung Ryong at his side.
 

-
 

"Encore! Encore! Encore!"
 

Sung Ryong still felt the adrenaline pumping through him as him and Seo Yul left the stage. They just had performed one of their songs at the Seoul Music Awards and the crowd went wild for Korea's most loved duo. Sung Ryong would probably never get used to the fact that even though they didn't make it into Wanna One they were now debuted idols. TQ entertainment was clever and realised how popular Seo Yul and Sung Ryong got through Produce 101 and debuted them as a duo only a few months after the show ended.
 

"Look, it's Daniel and the others! Let's go say hi!" With that, Sung Ryong packed his boyfriend's hand and they walked to the table where Wanna One was sitting.