Pilot Chapter 1/4

The Bachelorette

Being born with a prestigious name that means everything to anyone within the business industry, comes with its own set of challenge; several deadlines means missing lunch dates, important meetings is equivalent to cancelled outings and being too busy in general meant being left out on personal social events, also known as dating.

For Dana Shim, career was the topmost priority. Being the youngest of three siblings carried pressure, despite the several stereotypes that the youngest ones were always the ones who were given every opportunity they wanted. She strived and crawled her way to the top, carrying loads of pressure from her elder brother and sister. Holding a degree in marketing and a little background of medicine, she boasts having both the qualities of her father and mother, a well-known duo in the medicinal business industry.

Ms. Shim’s public appearances has always been limited and a rather short and sweet encounter. This is the first time she has been public about her life, about giving her time and effort to dedicate herself to this show. After a careful consideration, she has agreed to being the main character of this show, and agreeing to lay her emotions bare to the public.

On the night of the first time Dana and the bachelors will meet, the staff asked her a couple of questions.

“Good evening, Miss Shim.”

“Good evening,” she smiled, pearly whites displaying smile as she sat down and postured herself on the seat. She arranged her position and leaned back against the velvety armchair. The background was a sheer blue wall with minimal designs on it. She had her hair high in a bun and a white floral dress with pastel flowers that wsas knee high hugged her body.

“How are you, ma’am?”

She chuckled and waved a hand in slight embarrassment, one hand is covering as well. “Oh come on. Just call me Dana.”

The interviewer’s slight laughter could be heard from behind the camera. “How are you, Dana?”

“I’m doing really nice, actually. I’m a bit nervous.”

“Is it your first time dating?”

“Me? First time dating?” She let out a soft giggle then shook her head. She then proceeded to look at the camera and point at it, “Dan, Dina, don’t tell mom and dad.” She let out another laugh then shook her head. “My older brother and older sister know my past and, yeah. They didn’t really work out that well since I was a particularly busy student back in my university days.”

The interviewer hummed in understanding after Dana answered. “What made you agree to come and be the main star of this reality show?”

“I guess I felt that it was time. It’s time that I don’t only think about my career, that I should also start thinking about the future, yet in a different aspect, you know? I mean,” she made an enervated sigh, “I’m done building my career and I’m finished with getting my own place and I’m nearly halfway through a quarter of my car’s payments.” She shrugged, “It’s about time I get to think about the future. As in, the future future.”

“I see,” the interviewer off-cam verbally agreed. A shuffling of papers can be heard. “Well, Miss Shim,” Dana faked a cough, “I mean, Dana. We’re currently waiting for all of the bachelors to arrive right now and. So before that, would you like a short preview of who they are and what their professions are?”

“I would love to,” she smiled widely, completely ecstatic about the next happenings.

“The next videos we will be showing you are a couple of things we have put together from the bachelors’ respective workplaces. These are only a few minutes long. We hope you enjoy.”

“I’m sure that I definitely will,” she flashed an eyesmile at the camera, focusing her eyes on the screen.