The one where Hobi is nowhere to be found

Of realizations, hook ups and denials

Yoongi's known one truth throughout his whole existence. If everything else fails he knows this never would and that's having Jung Hoseok by his side forever. They pinky swore back in day care!

But now he's wondering if that even meant something to the younger because lately it's been clear to Yoongi that his best friend, his bro, his platonic soulmate has been avoiding him all throughout summer. And does he miss him (he won't admit to it, obviously).

So here he is, the newly dyed pink haired teen (he swears up and down it was a dare) lying on his bed, his right arm stretched out wide towards his ceiling with his phone on hand scrolling through Facebook's Newsfeed just to catch a glimpse of Hoseok, the boy being a social butterfly both personally and virtually and more active than any of their mutual friends on social apps.

But same as yesterday and the day before that and two weeks after summer break, he found nothing. He already tried their chat apps but gave up after a while of no response.

Seriously where is his best friend at? And why is Yoongi still holding on to that promise when it's clear Hoseok isn't?

To others he may be acting like a pmsing girlfriend at this point. He would have kept believing he did go away for summer vacations with his parents but a bump into his noona at the grocery store where she told him Hoseok hadn't gone with them and instead chose to spend time with her at her apartment had him confused out of his mind desperately seeking answers. Jungkook was no help since he was shipped to a camp. And there was also the possibility of Hoseok being around his girlfriend but his noona crashed that as well when she frowned in confusion and told him they hadn't seen each other in weeks.

He got up from his bed and aggressively packed mini towels and a basketball inside his sports bag swinging the strap on his shoulder and grabbing a random SnapBack from the wall that hosted all of them to pull his hair back.

He jogged downstairs not bothering to say anything to his mother who was busy cleaning the kitchen to even notice.

Half an hour into his aggressive solo game and cursing the heat because of course he'd be sweating enough for his clothes to stick to his skin (but then again who plays outside mid-summer?), he spotted a familiar dirty-blonde head along with Amber who he knew from his unwanted Spanish class. That one class he and Hoseok chose (that was the last time he let Hoseok choose for him) for language only to sit alone a few days later because yay Hoseok actually got lucky enough to snatch the last spot for the Japanese class instead.

Needless to say Yoongi forgave him for that but abandoning him for the whole summer? He doesn't think so.

Yeah he's still bitter about it and will rub it on Hoseok's face for as long as both shall live and maybe even further as they rot in their grave.

He walks up to the girls after having wiped his excess sweat away with his mini towel. "Hey!" His deep voice startled both girls who turned around and smiled once they see who it is.

"Oh hey Yoongi!" The dirty blonde smiled widely waving him over to the bench they were about to occupy.

Instead of taking a seat next to Amber, he crouched down and petted Minnie, one of the dogs Hoseok and Luna had adopted a few months after going out (Yoongi snorted reminding Hoseok how cheesy that was every time he stepped inside Hoseok's house and saw Mickey, the other dog the cheese balls had adopted, running towards him).

At least she wasn't threatening to bite his hand off whenever he petted her unlike a certain horse's perky but loyal dog.

And that's why Yoongi preferred cats.

"How've you been?" He asked the girl as Minnie his hand.

"Great! Enjoying summer so far, though, it'd be better if the weather cooled down that way I'd be saving my money instead of buying ice cream trying to cool down." Luna pouted as she pulled her long side bangs behind her ear.

"Or sticking to cold places like Krystal at the library." Amber added making both laugh and Yoongi only smiled.

"How've you been?" Amber asked this time.

Yoongi shrugged "Same as usual. Haven't really gone out though." He stopped his train of thought when he realized the other girl's words.

"Wait, save? What about Hoseok? Haven't you been going out on dates like you planned?" Yoongi frowned in confusion at the girl. She indeed would be saving since Hoseok never made her pay for anything he bought her- not that she never protested though.

Both girls looked at each other with furrowed eyebrows before Luna turned to him. "No. Wait didn't he tell you?"

Yoongi raised an eyebrow in question. "Tell me what?" He asked knowing he'd get his answers now.

"We broke up a few days after summer break started." He didn't know what was more confusing. The fact that she didn't seem affected by it or the fact that Hoseok didn't bother to tell him.

Luna didn't seem bothered by it. Did that year together mean nothing to her? What if his best friend was out there somewhere suffering alone? Yeah maybe that's why he's cocooned himself. He nodded to himself. Yeah that was it.

After Luna refused to tell him the reason for their break up, arguing Hoseok was the one who should tell him instead, he ended up going to Hoseok's favorite ice cream parlor near the cafe Yoongi would frequent throughout winter for it's unique tasty coffee.

He walked up to the counter thanking all lords for the empty line. It's summer so where the hell is everyone if not crowding an ice cream place after all, right?

He smiled fondly as he remembered back to freshman year when he and Hoseok had found this place after roaming around after school to get to know the area better. Obviously there were others from their high school seeing as it was close to the school. They'd walk inside side by side as Yoongi would nod to whatever Hoseok was ranting about. He'd keep going and going until he could finally shove some ice cream inside his watering mouth (or Yoongi would rather forcefully) but Yoongi never found it annoying.

And even now he missed his late night calls over random things that Yoongi either didn't care about or rather not hear (like that one time Hoseok called him to talk about how Luna told him about what females go through while in their period to settle his worries. "She sent me to get pads but I got diapers instead. Diapers Yoongi! I thought she'd appreciate the thought." He sighed. "She gets really moody. You think she might break up with me? And if she does should I calculate what day she'll get better to win her back?" "Ugh, Jung Hoseok the only thing that'll be calculated will be how much time it'll take for your lungs to give out as I choke you." But of course Hoseok ignored him. "It's once a month Yoongi! I'll probably have to live with a moody stranger for a whole week every month for the rest of my life! Come to think of it, I'll now have two moody people in my life, the other being you." Yoongi rolled his eyes "I'm not moody I'm just silent." "Whatever you say. And why is it once a month it should- Oh my gosh I wonder how they can stand walking with blood dripping from there all day. Do you think they can die of blood loss or is that-" "Goodbye Hoseok!").

Coming back from his thoughts, he noticed Jimin, darting his eyes around from behind the counter.

"Uh hey Yoongi-hyung! The usual right?" Yoongi eyed him suspiciously before nodding.

He watched as Jimin scooped one vanilla and one mint scoop (Hoseok would complain about how boring his order was) on a small plastic bowl before handing it to him. Yoongi grabbed a spoon after thanking and paying him. He debated whether to sit inside or enjoy the ice cream outside but decided on the former.

As he once again went through his social apps he couldn't help but glance at Jimin who kept fidgeting around.

Yoongi found that suspicious and being a blunt guy he walked over to the counter slamming his hand on the table for dramatics making Jimin jump in the air slightly. He ignored the burn on his palm in favor of questioning the nervous boy.

"Have you seen Hoseok?" It wasn't really a question and he hoped (more like knew) Jimin knew something.

"Uh Hobi-hyung? No. No why?"

"Hobi-hyung?" Yoongi asked, his eyes narrowing at the gulping figure as he switched his ice cream to the throbbing palm. Jimin never called Hoseok Hobi. That was something only Yoongi did. And he didn't like how easily it rolled off Jimin's lips.

"I really haven't seen him."

"Bull." Yoongi frowned. He didn't really know Jimin much but it was obvious the boy was lying. His gestures were symptoms of it.

And as soon as Jimin opened his mouth to speak, he froze staring at something over Yoongi's shoulder. But before Yoongi could turn around another voice spoke up.

"You've got to be kidding me."

"I'm not! Bae tell him-"

He knew that stupid voice. Yoongi quickly spun around and his eyes met those he yearned for the past few weeks.

"Yoongi?" And that's how the screen of Hoseok's phone broke.

----