These moments with you

These moments with you

 

When he comes back after a long and tiring day of work, it’s to find the living room decorated with red candles and their small dining table covered in rose petals. The table is set for two, and Kibum gasps at the unexpected surprise his husband has organized for him. Jinki’s record player is playing some slow romantic song he hasn’t heard before and it’s like all of his tiredness vanishes right away.

 

He feels two strong arms wrap around his waist and a soft peck on his cheek. His heart flutters at the sweet gesture as his husband hugs him from behind, resting his chin on Kibum’s shoulder.

 

“Welcome home.” Jinki says softly in his ear, and Kibum is very thankful for the dimmed lights right now because that way he can hide his pink cheeks from him.

 

“I thought you wouldn’t be home until ten.” Kibum says in a soft voice, afraid to break the charm if he spoke too loud.

 

Jinki turns him around and soon Kibum’s faced with two warm brown crescent eyes and he feels his heart melt at the sight. It always surprises him so much how Jinki can make his heart beat faster without having to do anything. He bites his lip and wraps his arms around his husband’s shoulders, effectively hiding his face in the crook of Jinki’s neck. He inhales his scent and the musky smell of Jinki’s cologne makes his mind go blank. He lets out a contented sigh and Jinki chuckled.

 

“I took the afternoon off.”

 

Kibum pulls away from his neck and pouts at that.

 

“You should have told me ! I would have taken the afternoon off too. We could have spent it together...”

 

Jinki kisses his forehead tenderly and Kibum shivers at the feeling of Jinki’s fingers his back soothingly.

 

“But if you did I wouldn’t have been able to make this.”

 

“Why did you even make this ? It’s not our anniversary or anything.”

 

“Do I need a reason to show you how much I love you ?” Jinki asks with an amused smile.

 

“No, but…” Kibum trails off, and then chuckles. “If we weren’t married already I’d think you’re planning to ask me to marry you.”

 

Jinki laughs with him and pecks his lips before pulling away.

 

“Why don’t you go change ? I’ll get dinner ready.”

 

“Okay.” Kibum says with a fond smile and Jinki smiles back. Kibum pecks him one last time before going to their bedroom.

 

He quickly takes his work clothes off and heads to his dressing room to look for something nice to wear. Jinki’s clothes are very classy, so Kibum chooses to opt for something classy too. He grabs a pair of high-waisted fitted black pants and a deep blue button-up shirt that he tucks loosely in his pants. After getting dressed, he heads for the bathroom and quickly fixes his makeup and his hair. He puts the cologne he knows Jinki likes on him and heads back to their bedroom to check his look. He stares at his reflection in the full-length mirror and s the cuffs of his sleeves as he usually likes to do.

 

When he returns to their living-room, Jinki is pouring wine in their glasses and Kibum takes his time to stare at his husband. Jinki is wearing a silk dark purple shirt tucked in classy black pants, and Kibum bites his lips at the sight of his chest revealed by the undone top buttons of his shirt. Jinki has been working out lately and it makes him look good. Really good. He was already good-looking when Kibum met him but all of the working out seems to have magnified his manliness by ten and Kibum has been having trouble keeping the naughty thoughts away lately. They both have been busy with work these past few weeks and Kibum misses him a lot. He knows it’s stupid because they live together but seeing each other for five minutes in the mornings and in the evenings isn’t enough. He craves for some physical contact, and that means a lot because he has never been heavy on skinship. Jinki’s always been the one to initiate skinship in their relationship.

 

There’s an audible gasp and Kibum gets back to his senses to see Jinki gaping at him. He’s still holding the wine bottle absent-mindedly but his deep brown eyes are looking Kibum up and down. The younger just chuckles and walks to Jinki to grab the wine bottle and secure it by putting it back on the table. He knows his husband is clumsy at times and he doesn’t want that poor bottle to end up on the floor. Jinki just stays silent as he does so and Kibum chuckles.

 

“What ?” He asks with a smile.

 

“You’re so beautiful.” Jinki says seriously. “And every time I look at you I wonder what in the world I did to deserve someone like you. I feel like the luckiest man alive.”

 

There’s so much emotion and seriousness in his voice that Kibum could almost feel himself tear up. It always amazes him how Jinki thinks so highly of him, when Kibum is the one who should feel lucky. Jinki is so full of love it’s almost too much for Kibum’s heart. He has never been loved as much by anyone and he sometimes isn’t sure he deserves it. He is sure no one in the world could love as much as Jinki does.

 

He feels a hand on his cheek and a thumb wipe a single tear running down his cheek.

 

“Don’t cry, love. You’re making me feel bad.” Jinki says with a small smile and Kibum chuckles.

 

“You’re such a sap, Lee Jinki.” He says, hitting him on the arm. Jinki chuckles and Kibum mumbles. “Saying cheesy things like that…”

 

“I bet I could get even cheesier…” Jinki says with a smile.

 

“How ?” He asks, curious. Jinki stays silent and, with a mischievous smile, walks to the record player before taking the vinyl off and putting another one in its place. A song starts, it’s slow and romantic, the lyrics are speaking of the beauty of love. Jinki turns to face Kibum and extends his hand.

 

“May I have this dance ?” He asks with a smile and Kibum rolls his eyes, trying to act it cool despite his fast beating heart.

 

“Sure, old man.” He says, grabbing Jinki’s hand.

 

Jinki pulls him closer and laces their fingers together, holding their hands up at about the level of their shoulders while his other hand rests on Kibum’s waist. Kibum puts his other hand on Jinki’s shoulder. They’re both looking at each other and Kibum is getting so lost in his husband’s eyes he doesn’t notice when they start dancing. It’s slow, the rhythm matches the song, and it’s nowhere near the perfect dances they see on movies but it doesn’t matter. It’s not a dance they wish to show others, it’s too intimate to share. This moment is theirs, and theirs only.

 

Kibum’s hand slides down from Jinki’s shoulder to his bicep and the movement seems to wake them up from their trance. Jinki’s the first to lean in, but Kibum’s quick to follow. Soon their lips meet in a slow kiss, but they never stop dancing. Jinki pulls him closer and Kibum’s hand grips his bicep, but they still don’t stop. Kibum can’t think of anything else besides Jinki’s lips against his own and Jinki’s scent all around him. He’s buried in the other’s comforting embrace, and he feels like nothing bad could ever happen while he’s in Jinki’s arms.

 

They part only when the song ends, both out of breath. They look in each other’s eyes and they smile. Kibum’s arms wrap around his husband’s neck and he pecks his lips a few times. He never wants to let go, and he can feel Jinki doesn’t want to either.

 

“I love you.” He whispers, and Jinki smiles so wide Kibum smiles too.

 

He’s always loved Jinki’s smile. It’s the kind of smile that lights up a room and brightens people’s days. The kind of smile that would bring peace to the whole world. Lee Jinki doesn’t just smile with his lips. He smiles with his eyes too. He smiles with his entire being, with his heart and soul, and Kibum sometimes wonder if he’s not an angel sent from the heavens to look after him.

 

“I love you too.” Jinki murmurs.

 

Kibum often thinks life is just a series of bad things happening one after the other, but it’s in moments like these that he thinks that life is worth living. It’s the little genuinely pure, peaceful moments like these that makes up for all of the bad moments. And he’s glad he gets to spend them with Lee Jinki, because there’s no one he would rather spend them with.