Prologue

Lead The Way

(REN POV)

Year 2056

 

It's been years since a catastrophe that caused by Chemical N spread around the world, but people still don't know where it came from or how did all of this happen, nor who's responsible for it. But years passed, and people adapting.

 

Let me tell you a little bit about this disaster. In 2020 if I'm not mistake, there's a suspicious factory hidden around a region named Revolario who apparently did some research about rare material which can cure any diseases. But since it was material, it must be synthetic medicine or chemical, and it means dangerous things. And suddenly, they say had some accidents on the factory that caused leaking all that chemical and quickly spread around the world. Of course Revolario got bashed from all around the world, and they promise to quickly find solutions for this. But as for today, they have zero percent chance to fix all of this.

 

And so, aside from blaming Revolario (and they still keep their heads up!), the world try to do anything to unite to find a cure of this. And let me tell you, the effect of this chemical is what we usually seen on sci-fi movies.

 

Cliché, isn't it?

 

Well, most common thing that happen is that people died from this. Actually, almost half populations of the world got wiped. That includes animals too.

 

But, this means we got some new change too.

 

Well, bad and good. Mostly bad.

 

Good things, the world got surprised that many animals could adapted as they changed. Mutated. Stronger and weirder. People like that too, but to human, mutating stuffs is more complicated. Let me say, for example, most human became zombie. I didn't say that half population of the world all death. Many raise again, walking on the earth once again. Some lost their minds, some again sometimes lost their minds. And then, let me see... people got stronger. Mutated, like you could imagine in superheroes movies. They got special powers. And some human turned into monsters too. Then mutated people married, of course the offspring is either mutated or having powers. Well, yeah not everyone have powers or mutated. There are still many people who survived, unaffected and have normal life. So I think you have pictures in your head what happen nowadays as all human adapting and live in somewhat peace (Well, there's war here and there because of this, but at least I live in peace). Some people choose to showcase their powers, bragging around with it, and some people choose to hide it, letting no one else know. Including me.

 

 

***

 

Let me introduce myself. My name in Ren. I'm from Busan, a city in Koriya region. I live with my parents and a little sister (they all mutated too). And today is the last day of summer break. Tomorrow I have to go to school tomorrow (already finished all summer homework). I staring the view from my room for hours now, as I sighed.

 

"Can I graduate tomorrow?" I throw myself on the bed.

 

I can't wait to graduate in next few months. I want to travel around the world, studying my power, see places, visiting the unknown adventures that waiting for me.

 

Oh yeah, I haven't tell you about my power. I am the only one who doesn't mutated in this family. My father, for example, he got another pair of arms. My mother, she sometimes goes hard as stone all over her body. My sister can turn into half-horse, or what we usually call Centaur, but she didn't really like it. She finds this unattractive, so she hides it like, forever and ever (she said).

 

And as for me, I, uh, I've got healing power. I can heal minor diseases and wounds, but not like fatal ones and mutated powers. I also can do that to animals and plants, any living things. Oh, and also, I can create barrier. I don't know how is this can happen though.

 

The sound of bumping stones on the windows distract me form daydreaming. I'm looking down and smiling. It's Minhyun, my best friend.

 

***